Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July - October 2016 Wall Hanging Swap >

July - October 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

July - October 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 10-19-2016, 04:40 AM

Skaduzy that is super cute. I just realized that I never put a sleeve on my WH - uh oh! And BTW - NEVER buy new glasses. Now that I can see, I have been cleaning my house like crazy because all the dirt that I could not see before is now visible! This after a very rough 4 days - we had to fly to Florida at last minute because my father-in-law died suddenly. It was a good thing - he had Alzheimer's and my mother-in-law was going to have to put him in assisted living - but it was still very upsetting.

I am also participating in Anoka's Christmas ornament swap - she is posting some very beautiful and adorable ornament tutes if you want to check it out.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Prayers and peace to you and family Janice.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:49 PM

So sorry Janice for your loss. Sometimes it is a blessing for family but, as you said, still very hard. Bless you all.
Old 10-20-2016, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

Here is a peek at the center of the WHing I am working on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560599[/ATTACH]

and a friendship star I just sent out for the mini swap.
Just wanted to show it off. A lot of people don't look at swaps
and miss seeing the fun we have exchanging quilts.
The checker board border on this one is 1/2"sq finished.
The blocks are 1 1/2" sq.
I loved making it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560601[/ATTACH]

May it lighten our hearts a little.
peace
Attached Thumbnails dsc07394.jpg   dsc07379.jpg   dsc07373.jpg  
Old 10-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

Both items are stunning Ube! You do amazing work. Love the bird and the Fortune Gleaners Reap mini quilts. Gorgeous!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

Well we are getting close to the end of this swap!! I just want to clarify for those who are new and remind anyone who might have forgotten.

Everyone has until midnight on the last day of the month to let me know they are ready to mail. Only those people who have told me they are ready to mail will be on that list. The one you signed up for at the beginning is NOT the list that counts. It was just for fun to see who was interested.

on the last day of the month at midnight I will mix and match names and then I send out the addresses to each one in a pm. This way noone knows who gets what not even me til then.

So on Monday Oct 31st I will send you the address of who you are sending to. there is no real mailing date but it is expected you will mail within a week of the addresses going out. however if something happens and you can't get it out in that time or you have any issues with sending PLEASE tell me and NOT the person you are sending to. This way we can keep the surprise up until they receive it in the mail. I can be the go between if there is any need for messages to be sent to your receiver. The surprise factor is the unique feature of this swap that I don't want to lose. I don't want them to know who is sending to them or which wh they will get.

************************************************** **************************************

I've had some problems with every single swap so far. LOL This time I hope things go smoother. I have bent the rules abit to solve some problems but I am going to have to be more strict to the rules. It is just too crazy when I go outside the rules.

So if you don't let me know by midnight on Oct 31 you will not get an address.

I am going to update my addresses so I will be sending out pms on this. If you move or change address let me know so I can change my records. I don't normally keep addresses except for this swap. But if I rely on an address from a previous swap I may not have an accurate address and then trouble happens LOL

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND ME A PM TO SAY YOU ARE READY TO MAIL. ANYTHING POSTED IN THE SWAP WILL NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH. I PROBABLY WON'T SEE IT

PLEASE SEND ME A PM WHEN YOU MAIL AND WHEN YOU RECEIVE. DON'T POST IT IN THE THREAD FOR ME TO SEE. I MAY OR MAY NOT SEE THAT. I NEED A PM TO SAVE IN MY FOLDER.

Thanks everyone!! R
Old 10-20-2016, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

okey dokey R.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

I had a newbie to the swap ask why she hadn't gotten an address yet. So I thought it would be good to address everyone so the info is fresh for everyone to read. I know our veterans know it all but it never hurts to remind everyone of the rules.

I SO appreciate all of you for being in this swap! I love seeing all of your wonderful work!
Old 10-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

What to do when you have to improvise. I lost my double boiler, I'm sure DH had a hand in it, Haha. It was a wonderful old pot, dated from the forties, sad.

So needed to improvise and Had no pots that fit inside each other that would hold my soup and a water bath. DH came to the rescue.

He brought me hand fulls of marbles, he is brilliant !

Enough water to cover the bottom of my soup pot!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560675[/ATTACH]
It kept my soup from sticking and burning. I love him but he still has to replace my double boiler.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560676[/ATTACH]

I hope you get a chuckle from this little adventure in cooking with Russell.
peace
Attached Thumbnails dsc07397.jpg   dsc07398.jpg  

Last edited by ube quilting; 10-20-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:33 PM

How funny! Hope you get a new double boiler soon.
Your WH is going to be beautiful...I just know it.
The mini swap quilt is gorgeous too.