Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Red, White and/or Blue >

July Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Red, White and/or Blue

July Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - Red, White and/or Blue

Old 07-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

It's been sad here today with the shooting in Chattanooga. I have been all around that area. The Erlanger Hospital etc. It just seems too close to home. The Lee University College which is near by was on lock down, and is a Christian College.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:11 PM

Susan, I am so sorry to hear of another shooting in which innocent folks going about their own business are killed. Big Hugs to you, it must seem so unsafe to have it close to home or at least a place you are familiar with.

We were out of the country when 9/11 happened and it felt then (still does sometimes) that the world had changed entirely when we got home.

Not sure I always like this new world.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Power Poster

Usually we have some kind of warning and the guys on the volunteer fire dept. go and sound the tornado siren that was installed a couple years ago. There was no warning this time. The storm just popped up real quick and in came the tornado.All we got were straight line winds. I had my front door open when the storm started because we have a covered porch there and the rain doesn't come in. It was hot and the storm cooled the temp. down. Well the rain not only came across the 6 ft. porch and in the screendoor ,it also crossed my 16 ft. living room. Since we live way out in the country we have our own water well. Well when the power goes off so does the well. I think that is the hardest part of no power. (no running water)So goes life in the country.LOL. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:07 PM

I totally agree with you lawsonmugs, we have a well too. Hubby is going to check on the roof tomorrow.....can hardly wait I'm praying for "good" news. We just had this new roof put on 3 years ago and have been trying to get it fixed from the local contractor that did the job. Same thing every time he comes out....I got it, it's fixed. Right!!
Old 07-17-2015, 01:01 AM

Needle case and pin cushion will be mailed out tomorrow!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:36 AM

My swap package goes out tomorrow, too. (Saturday) I had a lot of fun with this one!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:55 AM

I just can't believe all the military and police shootings lately. It's like no one is safe anymore. I had heard on the radio that this latest shooter has ties to NE Ohio. I swear there are so many sickos that live here. This is why I don't date. All military personnel are just going to have to be armed. I think most of us should be armed too. So sad.

I am finally making a claim to get my awning fixed. Everything about it has been bad for a few years now but the roofer that I had has gone out of business and I don't know who put up the awning. Now the insurance company is telling me that I live in a disaster zone. What next.
Everyone have a great day
Old 07-17-2015, 11:38 AM

Hello Everyone! In the midst of the shootings, bad weather, and all else that is happening lately......I got a little ray of sunshine in my mail box yesterday! It lifted my spirits for sure, Karen!

Thank you for the lovely swap. Here is what Miss Karen sent to me:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525394[/ATTACH]

I love the fabric choices, the coin purse/card holder, retractable measuring tape, thread catcher, pins, patchwork pincushion......just ALL of it. I had to fight to keep the dragonfly pin, it is gorgeous and both of my daughter's wanted it! I did let them have the heart pins she sent, they use them as hat pins for their "fancy" dolls. lol Karen also sent me sewing machine needles!

Thank you Karen, I love everything you sent! (Oops! Almost forgot to mention the very cute chicken fabric!)

Big Hugs!
Attached Thumbnails 100_9282.jpg  

Last edited by Patchesnposies; 07-17-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Yes Patches and Pat our world is very different now. Bless their families.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

what a wonderful swap package you rec'd. such nice goodies and a cute piece of chicken fabric too!!!