Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-31-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Nope! Top secret!!!
c'mon....I hate secrets....and a TOP secret is even worse! lol..just kidding but keep us posted on the progress!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:00 PM

2 angel packages on their way and then we will be done with July!!
Old 07-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
2 angel packages on their way and then we will be done with July!!
Who is getting them? Who is sending them?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=actually my inspiration came from my grandmothers old old cutting board that was shaped like a pig. ...- I've only ever done applique three other times. Let's hope that Pig does okay at the fair. Brain is spinning with ideas "Pig Tales"[/QUOTE]

Even better. Best of luck at the fair!

"Pig Tales" or 'Pig Tails'?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:44 AM

I love the Pig block, I used to have my kitchen done up in Pigs and Ivy, had pigs all over my kitchen... So what is an Angel Package?

Dr Appt yesterday confirmed "NO broken Bones" Which is a good thing and a bad thing! Sometimes damaged Muscles and Ligaments take longer to heal. But the good new is I am free to sew! I just have to do light projects, no lifting over 5 lbs! My left hand(I am left handed) is better than my right, I can take off the brace on my left hand but have to keep the right one on.

They made an appt. with the Bone Dr(I never get that name right, alway call him the eye dr.), and chances are I will have trouble with Arthritic hands as I get older! Not good news for a seamstress!

OK, back to good news, my Amish DQ is going to be so cute... oops wrong thread!

Happy Days ladies
Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Marybeth, a Angel package is what is sent by one of Lori's special Angels to someone that didn't recieve her swap package from her original partner for whatever reason. I have been a angel a couple times and I have recieved once.It's nice to have been on both sides of it. Mary
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer View Post
I don't know what to say. You have all been so kind and generous with your comments about my paintings. SharonAnne, thanks for helping others find me. I have always painted to give away, just like my quilts. I was to "no more giving paintings away." Maybe I will finally realize that maybe they are good enough when I get paid for one. LOL

Have all of us received our packages or do we still have folks on the bench?

It was my pleasure. Your paintings need to be shared - they are THAT good. Sorry for not responding sooner - I have not been notified on email of comments to me. And I have been on Aug, thinking July was pretty much over. Glad I decided to take a peek. Good luck and let us know the outcome of the showing. This is weird - I tried to post quick reply and it said it was too short (THAT HAS to be a first because I never know when to shut up). lol.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I have been having a lovely visit with my quilting friend who moved to North Carolina several years ago.
We decided to do a quilting-related book together since she is an awesome artist.
Can't wait to see what your mind is conjuring up.. A mystery, a romance, a "how to", a picture book, a pattern book? Whatever it is, if you autograph it, I'll take a copy or two!! What is the ETA - maybe a year? I assume you will self-publish with Amazon or the like?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:15 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Can't wait to see what your mind is conjuring up.. A mystery, a romance, a "how to", a picture book, a pattern book? Whatever it is, if you autograph it, I'll take a copy or two!! What is the ETA - maybe a year? I assume you will self-publish with Amazon or the like?
No self-publishing for me. Too much work!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
Hey all - I've been working on this block for the past week - it is actually my own design - had a dickens of a time with trial and error and my practice block went together beautifully and when it came time to so the final block for fair competition my machine started acting up - threw off my 1/4" and thus the need for the narrow border - maybe my secret pal for august will get my trial block that actually is much better.
This is just too adorable. I remember those pig boards. My grandmother collected pigs. Thanks for the great memories. And if I'm your August pal, I'll be happy to take your trial block off your hands. Happy Friday