Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-02-2012, 05:56 AM

Hello all! Well we moved and its been nothing but some injuries on all of us. I have a bad elbow, my boyfriend bad knees and my daughter's boyfriend (db) popped his shoulder. The good thing? ITS ALL DONE! I finally got a chance to get a connection and I got my SP name! This one is a challenge but I'm up to it! Everyone have a safe July 4th!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Banned

I got my sp name going to be fun picking out things I HOPE she will
like.

Some clues:

You are approx 1,548 miles from me.
One of your favorite colors is the same as one of mine (but which one?)

You are a fairly "new" quilter, but have been quilting for over 1 year at
least.

You have been married for a VERY long time, with kids and grand kids.

You have been a member of Quilting Board for OVER 1-1/2 yrs.

That is all the clues for now. Do you know who you are?
Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 AM

off topic!

I posted something for sale and my posting was deleted. Can someone tell me how do I check to see how many postings I have done to where I can put up some material for sale please. Cleaning out my closet and have found stuff I would never use. Put some of it on my blog but that was probably deleted too. So frustrating. I could see it if I was a newbie but I have been a member for awhile now.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:30 AM

Me? Me! Me? I could possibly fit that descript. My SP is from the same state as my SP from last month. Or was that a different swap? I get confused in my old age. Working on some stuff for her. Me and DGD made pin cusions all weekend, she likes to stuff them. She was so excited to think I was going to be giving them to my pals.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by verna2197 View Post
off topic!

I posted something for sale and my posting was deleted. Can someone tell me how do I check to see how many postings I have done to where I can put up some material for sale please. Cleaning out my closet and have found stuff I would never use. Put some of it on my blog but that was probably deleted too. So frustrating. I could see it if I was a newbie but I have been a member for awhile now.
Verna wish I could help,but I have never sold anything on here. I've only bought.Mary
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Swap Hosts

off topic!

Verna, I think the best way to find out is to ask. If you have the PM that told you it was deleted, respond and ask why. If not, ask PatriceJ.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 AM

So, I decided to make something for my SP. And I bought a pattern... with pattern pieces. Let me say, what a giant PITA it is using a pattern for (basically) all straight cuts! I bet if a quilter had made the pattern, it would take about 1 page of directions and zero "cut with me" pattern pieces. Geez! Does anyone know if it's legal to rework one of those patterns into quilter language? Or is that still a copyright thing?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
So, I decided to make something for my SP. And I bought a pattern... with pattern pieces. Let me say, what a giant PITA it is using a pattern for (basically) all straight cuts! I bet if a quilter had made the pattern, it would take about 1 page of directions and zero "cut with me" pattern pieces. Geez! Does anyone know if it's legal to rework one of those patterns into quilter language? Or is that still a copyright thing?
Kelly

As long as you don't call it the same thing as the pattern called it, like "susie Pincushion" and rework the pattern in different size or form and don't try to sell it, I believe you are fine... Making something and giving it away isn't against copyright rules... JUst don't do it exactly like the pattern and rename it... Rosemary
Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 AM

off topic!

verna the easiest thing to do would be to ask. the selling rules have changed quite a bit.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Does anyone know if it's legal to rework one of those patterns into quilter language? Or is that still a copyright thing?[/QUOTE]
I found that, as well. How I solved was to make a grid like in one of our quilting patterns with the sizes to cut the pcs. Wrote it right on the pattern directions. Much easier. I don't see how that could possibly be a copyright infringement. But I guess you never know!! I couldn't understand it when I saw a post from someone else a while back, saying that for the price of a pattern they should at least put the pattern pieces in the envelope!! I have found though, that those "pattern weights" work really great for the pattern pcs. I got a set of them from my swap partner a few months back!!! Got the stuff to make some, but haven't gotten a round tuit yet.