Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-07-2012, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Why does it seem to be hard to find bright yellow buttons? ...
mary what kinda yellow buttons are you looking for? large ones? novelty ones? medium ones? small ones? ones with designs? plain ones? i can look through my stash and see what i have. i know that i do not have many if any novelty buttons though. most are vintage dressmaker buttons. lemme know.

tomm

btw mary, i think i saw a third missouri mary in this swap. oh yeppers, i have looked in trader's joe for sugar free scottie black licorice but they do not carry it so will the ones with sugar be okay?
Old 07-07-2012, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 View Post
ok so I ordered my sp something special and didn't realize that it was coming from Canada. After I bought and paid for it the seller emailed me and said it could take two weeks to get the item so I really really hope it gets here before the 15th. Help me pray that it does. I did make something homemade for the first time for a sp. Thanks for all the ideas ladies.
melinda if it doesn't make it in time, you can always mail it separately. i am sure your pal would not mind getting two squishies. don't sweat it.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
mary what kinda yellow buttons are you looking for? large ones? novelty ones? medium ones? small ones? ones with designs? plain ones? i can look through my stash and see what i have. i know that i do not have many if any novelty buttons though. most are vintage dressmaker buttons. lemme know.

tomm ..

btw mary, i think i saw a third missouri mary in this swap. oh yeppers, i have looked in trader's joe for sugar free scottie black licorice but they do not carry it so will the ones with sugar be okay?
Hey tomm, I don't need them now but when I do they seem to be harder to find.I wish I could say yes to reg. scoties.but it's a no-no.I also seen another MM.She's very nice. Have a good day. and thanks. tomm
Old 07-07-2012, 07:19 AM

Mscupid, is it me??? I like your hints on page 60.

Last edited by annt59; 07-07-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Needed to add page #
Old 07-07-2012, 10:33 AM

SOOOOooooo check this, ladies and gents I won the Swap lottery!! Yep, check this.. everything I asked for and homemade banana bread!! Thank you so much TheMamaHauser aka Kelly! Oh you cannot see it, but the sewing machine pad has the cutest little charm that says "Made for you" I tried desperately to get my camera to focus in on it and it just plain refused to do so. OK onto the drooling! hehehehe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347291[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3254.jpg   img_3256.jpg   img_3257.jpg  
Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 AM

You did win the lotto, everything looks awesome! yum toasted banana bread and butter.....I'm jealous
Old 07-07-2012, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
I got my shoes, Brenda, and I'm even considering going back and buying the creme colored ones, too. Here's a picture that does not do them justice. They really sparkle even if the photo does not show it. And a perk.... The bands around the ankle are stretchy - so there is no contortionism needed with buckle type shoes. Have never really seen any with the crystals all around the back of the ankle before. And the stretch even provides comfort due to the "give". And no high heels means safety on stairs. They have it all.. Brand = Madden Girl. Color me happy.

What cute shoes Sharon
Old 07-07-2012, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
SOOOOooooo check this, ladies and gents I won the Swap lottery!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347290[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347291[/ATTACH]
boy did you ever win the swap lottery. I didn't think about sending some home made breads or anything like that. Such a great idea. Great pictures and great squishy you got.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Seems like we have had a lot of Lotto winners on here lately... Great Packages, ine should bo our Monday, it's all taped just need to make a mailing label through the PO...Then it will be winging it's way to the NE... Her favortie drink is water, just like mine, although I drink coffee in the AM she never mentioned any other drink, she hasn't done a swap recently... enough hints for today...
Old 07-07-2012, 03:22 PM

my lqs had their clearance fabrics on further mark down to $2.87/yd for July 4th. I stayed out of the store lest i have been tempted to buy fabric i had no room to store. so i popped in today just to see what i missed.... arrrggh i am so glad i stayed away lest i would have been tempted.

with having 2+ weeks of above 100+ degree temps it is not cool anywhere. the lqs wasn't cool and the grocery store was a bit warm also. i have lost my appetite with all this heat so i bought some fruits to eat and a bag of carrots for the rabbits. my local grocery store chain sells fruits & vegetables from local farms from time to time so they had peaches from eckert's farm today complete with worm holes and squirrel nibbles. you can't go more authentic than that.