Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM

Thanks for all of the support ladies it means a lot to me. of coarse I will be posting pics of him. I know his name already is Meadow, and he is 2 years old and a gold lab. The cool thing is that I grew up with Labs and it will be nice to have one in the family again.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by grammyj View Post
Got my package mailed this morning expected delivery is Monday the 16th. Not going very far just a little north east of me,
Oh, Oh, Oh, that has to be me. I'm in Brandywine, WV and it is most definitely north east of you. I can only hope. I hope, I hope, I hope.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 AM

Default july sp swap

Oh my!!! Went to the PO and had a box waiting for me. Skaduzy, you outdid yourself. I ABSOLUTELY love love love all your selections for me. I feel like a little kid in the candy store for the very first time, seriously I'm so excited. Cute tote bag, quilter magazine, haven't even looked at it yet...had to get on here 1st, jelly roll patterns, quilt pattern called "candy Wrappers", cutest emery board and I go through them like crazy, WOW finally got a "purple thang", beautiful journal and note cards to match, thread, needles, western motif fabric, mento's my favorite, THE most perfect teal and lavender FQ's, I love them, wine cosies, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2" ruler squares and all cushioned and packed with batting. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]348787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348790[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348792[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348795[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf0667.jpg   dscf0669.jpg   dscf0668.jpg   dscf0670.jpg   dscf0671.jpg  

dscf0672.jpg  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
Teresa-LOVE the parrot fabric
Me too. I just love Parrots, once bought a whole bolt, was going to redo a room, but ended up making quilts, Just used the last of it on a Boom swap.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:34 AM

nice package Jaba!!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:36 AM

OK, I have to ask, but what the heck is a "Purple Thang"???? never ever heard of it till I joined this group!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Sustraly, what a great package you received from Stitchingpost. Like Christmas in July!
Brenda, love that potholder and the orange is too cute!
Me, too! Well said, Krystyna! Susan I hope you will love the dog and please send us pictures! Loved all of your good news!!!

Marytoddliz..I got a "purple thang" in a recent swap and I LOVE IT, it is great for pushing out corners, turning fabric "tubes"(not quite sure how to explain that but when I sew a bias piece that is about an inch wide and I want to turn it inside out..the "purple thang" works like a charm!) Hope that helps.

Last edited by luvstoquilt; 07-13-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
OK, I have to ask, but what the heck is a "Purple Thang"???? never ever heard of it till I joined this group!
~ marybeth it's sort of like a stiletto but without the sharp point so you can use it to push out your sewn corners or help guide your fabric under your presser foot instead of sewing up your fingers. i am sure purple thang users have other suggestions.

i use my chop sticks for the exact same purpose (plus many other uses) and because they are not flexible, i find them a bit more stable for my use than the purple thang. i know i have a purple thang around here somewhere waiting for a sp package but i just cannot find it at the minute.

~ krystyna i did not get the cat themed stuff because the ad was pulled. she will probably need to rephrase or relist it. but i did get a sewing machine today. the seller had it listed for sell but decided to try and sew some curtains (which it sounds like she needed an industrial machine for) on it yesterday and has probably thrown the timing out or some other disabling thing. if it is salvageable, i will work on it and resale it.

~ nice packages all. nothing from my pal today. i will check next week.

~ i am still trying to catch my breath from seeing not 1 but 2 shoe themed bags the other day. who knew they existed? i want y'all to know that i came by my shoe obsession naturally. my mother loved shoes and she wore size 11. back in the day she bought most of her shoes from vogue because they had beautiful shoes, my mom had beautifully arched feet and vogue carried her size. i grew up amongst all of her blue and white vogue shoe boxes as a child. there were so many. how could i not be a shoe addict?

and i think i may kinda have possibly sorta could of exposed my daughter to an abundance of shoe clutter during her formative childhood years that maybe coulda sorta have tapped into an area of her brain at such a young tender age that maybe kinda imprinted a shoe image there that she has yet to forget. now i am not admitting to anything here i'm just saying that there could be a shoe image imprinted somewhere deep in her subconscious that she is not totally aware of. i am sure it would take some therapy to unlock her subconscious memories and perhaps some day she will come to blame me for her almost uncontrollable obsession. i wait patiently.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-13-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM

I am SOOOO far behind and I apologize to my waiting SP!!! Package is going out today. And it is headed waaayyyy down over THERE! Yes, you there. The one on those sandy beaches sunning yourself and getting beat up by Mickey Mouse
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 AM

SP - mailed your pkg today and it should be there on Monday the 16th! It is going north of me to someone who has furbabies, loves blue, and her state starts with a vowel! Hope everyone has a great day, looks like more great pkgs coming in!
Segasal congrats on your new friend. A lady at our church has a lab that comes with her, best dog you'll ever meet!