Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST >

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th noon CST

Old 07-24-2012, 12:18 PM

Fayzer your paintings are so wonderful, I would love the turtle one.

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone have any good sugar-free jam recipes that they would be willing to share with me or for that matter any sugar-free recipes. Thank you I am having a hard time not eating the way I want to.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:42 PM

I just got back online and want to thank all of you for your kind words on my paintings. I really appreciated your comments.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM

Fayzer, I agree with everyone, your paintings are beautiful! You have a great talent!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM

Off Topic just wanted to show what I am working on. It's a baby quilt for Marty's chemo nurse, Jessica. It is called Baby Honu by Lisa Boyer. The turtles are 3D. [ATTACH=CONFIG]351176[/ATTACH] paper pieceing which I love! The white is the paper still attatched. [ATTACH=CONFIG]351177[/ATTACH] turtle bodies are 2 pieces of fabric right side together then sew ALL around outline of turtle and then cut small slit to turn right side out, same with the shells then they are applicaed (sp) all around the shell, which I have to work on lol. But I should be real good at it by the time I get done! lol [ATTACH=CONFIG]351178[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001-resized.jpg   002-resized.jpg   003-resized.jpg  

Last edited by Lori Peercy; 07-24-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Lori........oh my goodness I love that quilt. I will have to look for the pattern. My nephew is in love with turtles. He has two of his own. They are wonderful species.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Krystyna -- unzip it. Nothing wrong with what you said. We all like to see and hear about what's being swapped. I get excited for recipients and also get ideas when I see all the handmade goodies. It's a "Why didn't I think of that?", "What a great idea!", or "I really like that" sort of thing. That and just being nosey. I like to know my recipient appreciates the time, money, and thought I put into my packages enough to at least acknowledge it -- isn't that just plain courtesy?
to paraphrase something mscupid said a coupla of threads ago, just do whatever it is you want to do and don't concern yourself about what others are doing. since the issue of not posting pics/to thread was posted yet again, several swappers felt the need to apologize for not posting and offer explanations, a couple mentioned they could not post for various reasons and one swapper feels she needs to leave the swap. one's need to see pics does not justify that person making others feel inadequate or feel the need to apologize.

this same issue was discussed when suzanne was hosting this swap and she reminded swappers that it was not a requirement to post pics or post to the thread to participate in this swap. whatever your opinions about the posting, it is just your opinion and does not apply to others. stop trying to press your ideology onto others. stop making other swappers feel bad with this constant nag to post pics or hints or banter. i remember having this discussion several months back and several new swappers mentioned that it was not their thing and the tone of the banter was not friendly. some of those swappers have not come back.

i feel like i am among a group of school yard bullies and it is so unnecessary. we are all adults. just do you and let others do them. and i will not be posting any pics (for the immediate future) in protest of the pressure i feel is being exerted to do so.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:32 PM

~ lori that is an adorable quilt pattern. i haven't started paper piecing yet but it is on the horizon for a shoe/purse quilt in the designing stage.

~ fayzer i looked at all of the painting pics you posted, what wonderful work you do! the seashells need to be in my home on a wall. i hope your work sells well for you.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:40 PM

I am going to say this AGAIN posting pictures are NOT required. Posting a listing of what was received is NOT required but the sending of the 3 private messages IS REQUIRED and I need you all to make sure that you are doing this! One to me when you mail so I know you are fulfilling your commitment, one to me when you receive your package so I know that your secret pal has fulfilled her commitment and it has arrived safely and one to say THANK YOU to the person who spent the time, imagination and money to make and send it to you. I have climbed down from my soap box now.....
Old 07-24-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
~ lori that is an adorable quilt pattern. i haven't started paper piecing yet but it is on the horizon for a shoe/purse quilt in the designing stage.

~ fayzer i looked at all of the painting pics you posted, what wonderful work you do! the seashells need to be in my home on a wall. i hope your work sells well for you.
You will be surprised at HOW easy it is!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 PM

Thank you Carolyn for my july sp package I received it today.