Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I admit I hope there is not a theme for September. I kind of like making the mushrooms
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Blog Entries
    just finished my September pincushions. asked dh what he thought of them, he had no idea what it was, but, I have to admit, I got the idea from binging 'pincushions' so I know it's recogizinable to the right eye. so.....let's hope a sewer has the right eye. halfway done with Octobers. I need to start early, I ship early and Christmas is just around the corner. Todays cool weather put e in the mood to sew. Have fun everyone

Still waiting .... ????
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

lynnie -- I suppose this all means that August is done already, too? Love it when the OCD kicks in - take it from me, I know how it goes!!

I think I may have been forgotten -- still no pincushion from my second SP. So sad. But won't give up hope until Saturday.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Me too paintmejudy and RedGarnet. still waiting on one pincushion. Also still waiting on one from May's PC swap. LOL.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

If any of those waiting are international- that might be the problem...My domestic partner received hers a while ago, but I haven't heard from my international partner..must take quite a bit longer to arrive

So Sad!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    If any of those waiting are international- that might be the problem...My domestic partner received hers a while ago, but I haven't heard from my international partner..must take quite a bit longer to arrive
    One of my Needle Cases that went to a SP internationally, already got her's, so I would think the other one got her's too.
    But I'll still keep waiting.

I'm waiting with you ladies for a pincushion. That mailbox better deliver soon! Lol

Blog Entries
    so sorry for those of you waiting, that's why I mail out the first day, so hopefully one of you will get me and get an early pc.

I don't know if she is still sick or what is going on with tracey (queen). I have pm'd her twice in the last week and she has not gotten back to me. I checked back and she hasn't even posted on the board since the 14th of this month. ??? I hope she isn't in the hospital.

At any rate, this is the last "Secret" swap I am going to be in. This will make the third secret swap that I got burned in.

I will swap in the other more open types or side swaps from now on. I enjoy getting to know my partners and being friends. That is much more fun.

I hope everyone doesn't think me mean. But, three times is a limit for me. You will have to excuse me, I am grieving over the death of my 19 year old grandson last sunday.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 07-26-2013 at 11:30 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    Oh red, so sorry about your grandson. I hope anything I ever sent you was prompt and to your liking. Please, if not , let me know. Maybe sit this one out and join again next month. We'll miss you.

Blog Entries
    Redgarnet I am so sorry to hear about your grandson. It is so hard to deal with the loss of a loved one. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I understand your frustration with not receiving on a swap. If I am on one that you are on and want to swap with me I will be glad to. I want to be on this one for August if they have one.

Susan/JuneBillie
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Red, so sorry about your grandson. Prayers and thoughts are with you at this hard time.
    I hope the swaps I've been in with you were to your liking, and I always ship early, never knowing when life will pop up, I try to get things out early. We'll miss you, but come and chat and see what we swap.
    Like junebillie, i'm willing to do a side swap with you. I HOPE IN OTHERS OPINION THT I'M on time and they like the quality of what I do. If not, please p,m, me and let me know what you didn't like. it's the only way I can learn and do better by.

Red, I will say some prayers for peace for you as well as the rest of your family. Such a young man to be gone way too soon. I am very sorry to hear this. Someday when I have an extra pin cushion or needle case already made, I will gladly check-in & see if you want to do a direct swap.

Oh dear... Did I act up? I am so sorry everyone. I forgot myself in my time of grief. Please forgive me if I made anyone uncomfortable. I just wasn't thinking right.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
    Oh dear... Did I act up? I am so sorry everyone. I forgot myself in my time of grief. Please forgive me if I made anyone uncomfortable. I just wasn't thinking right.
    Nope I don't think you did, I'm the same way. I have mine done on purpose and ship within a day or two. I just don't understand how you can sign up for something and not ship but receive very well it seems. I'll do a side swap with you RedGarnet anytime you want. think I'm done with this one too! Sorry ladies certainly NOT the majority, but for 3 months I've gotten less than the majority. Pretty soon you just get done, have quit several swaps on the board for this very reason and it seems as though it's always the same people that are getting away with it, but yet, they let them sign up month after month.
    Red Garnet I am so sorry to hear of your grandson, truly my heart goes out to you. Can't think of anything that would be so devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post

At any rate, this is the last "Secret" swap I am going to be in. This will make the third secret swap that I got burned in.

You will have to excuse me, I am grieving over the death of my 19 year old grandson last sunday.
    My heart breaks for you! Prayers for you and your family.
    I hope your PC or needlecase shows up soon. I would be honored to swap with you anytime. I actually got both my Pc's out extra early this month (for once!). We will definitely miss you.
    Michelle
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    red, you did not make us feel uncomfortable, we are symphatizing with you in your time of need.
    again, if you want a side swap anytime, let me know.

Blog Entries
    I was under the impression if you didn't fulfill your swap obligation, you're out for good. How can they let the same people month after month continue to not ship and disappoint????????
    they need to be outed. I'm a few months ahead just to be on the safe side.
    THESE people, get all the goodies and give nothing in return. I FOR ONE, DONOT WANT TO SWAP WITH THEM.
    If I get one of these people, I will out them and quit the swap also. Redgarnet, you might be starting your own swap
    without these people.

Red-there is nothing to apologize for..my thoughts and prayers are with you at this most difficult time. Remember you are among friends ((((Hugs))))

Blog Entries
    All you ladies here are great, and very caring people.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    I was under the impression if you didn't fulfill your swap obligation, you're out for good. How can they let the same people month after month continue to not ship and disappoint????????
    they need to be outed. I'm a few months ahead just to be on the safe side.
    THESE people, get all the goodies and give nothing in return. I FOR ONE, DONOT WANT TO SWAP WITH THEM.
    If I get one of these people, I will out them and quit the swap also. Redgarnet, you might be starting your own swap
    without these people.
    The problem is we do not know who the gals are that take but don't give

You girls are wonderful and if anyone of you want to side swap with me just pm me. I hope everyone got their pincushions or needle cases. I should not have said anything. I am not myself, girls. Please just forget I said anything.
    Now, the last posts of queen said she was sick with a respiratory illness. I sure hope she is not in the hospital.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 07-27-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Red, you had every right to say what you did. Were you one of the ones, like me, that did not get a July cushion? If so, do you want to do a side swap? I'd be proud to swap with you.

I was hoping the same thing, that Tracey is not in hospital. But since she hasn't posted in a while and now nothing has been posted to do an August swap ... I fear the worst.

Blog Entries
    on to another subject...
    themes for the pc's. I love them, it stretches our imagination. now lets say the theme is animals. it doesn't mean you have to make an animal, how about using animal fabric, or animal print fabric. We all love that mushroom, every month a different theme on the mushroom. a cat or dog on the mushroom. get it. it makes it more fun, and we can grow our stash, like we really need to do that, and come up with new ideas. back to school, use a school print. it's soooo much fun to me to have a subject each month. don't be fearful of it, embrace it and let your imagination flow!!!!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast