Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18

Thread: July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamimclaugh View Post
    Anyone else never receive their July pin cushion? This was the first time participating in this particular swap and I am very sad
    I PM'ed you back, and I will remake and resend. Anyone else who didn't get one, please PM me, quiltingdragon, with your address and I will make one when I remake for Jamimclaugh, as apparently her angel pincushion went astray as well, as our hostess seems to be off the board at the moment.

Blog Entries
    quilting dragon, has our hostess fallen ill again? will you be replacing her in this swap?
    i'm ready to sign up

Blog Entries
    quilting dragon I am sorry. I had no idea who takes over for who when something comes up which I am sure happens for hostesses as well as they can for the rest of us.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    quilting dragon, has our hostess fallen ill again? will you be replacing her in this swap?
    i'm ready to sign up
    Lynnie, I don't know what has happened to Tracey. Thankfully she had told the person I was angeling for who was sending to her, and she was able to let me know that it did not arrive. I won't be taking over the swap, but I don't want anybody from this swap to go without. So I am simply offering to angel if there is still someone else that didn't get one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    quilting dragon I am sorry. I had no idea who takes over for who when something comes up which I am sure happens for hostesses as well as they can for the rest of us.
    Junebillie, I don't know the first thing about hosting a swap, so i'm just offering to help finish this swap up as something obviously has happened with our hostess - her page says the last time she came on the board was the 19th, so tomorrow it will be two weeks. I found out today that the angel pincushion I sent didn't make it, i'm making another one and sending it out, but anybody who is still waiting i'll do my best to take care of so when she hopefully can come back Tracey doesn't have to deal with it.

Blog Entries
    I was able to find our hostess on FB, and sent her a private message on there. Since it is linked to her Mary Kay sales page, it has her address and phone, so if we don't hear in a few more days I will try and give her a phone call.

Blog Entries
    She messaged me right back, she's okay, just really, really busy.

I'm sorry, but busy or not, no excuse for the long silence when she had previously said she would be posting the next swap the end of August. It would have been nice of her to say something, most of us were worried that she was ill.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    I agree with paintmejudy. I think I will skip this swap.

Susan

Blog Entries
    quilting dragon it's so ice of you to fill in with angels. I'm still in for the swaps, i love them. I know the quilting angels will swoop down and send us a new hostess. i personally, have no idea where to begin.

I personally think whomever was the mean person to her in a pm soured her on hosting. (Remember?? She was upset big time!) I hope someone can step up and host for the member's who have enjoyed this swap and want to still participate.

There is always the option of swapping with each other until another swap occurs.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-02-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    I really do enjoy this swap. I have always loved them, and I am still learning, and far behind the talent of all you great people. I know nothing of anyone being mean to her. (I just mean, I don't know anything about it) These swaps are all for our enjoyment, and having fun with each other. I hope no one is being mean to anyone. I am ready for anyone that wants to step up as a hostess. I just thought maybe this wasn't going to go on. I am ready also for any side swaps too. I will just wait to see what happens. I am trying to think of the things I want to get made for family Christmas Gifts too. It sure won't be long until it's upon us will it?

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I have started swapping names for the pincushions. Still waiting on one in the pin cushion swap to finish her form. Hopefully I will get it by lunchtime tomorrow. My deadline to get your names to you is by 9pm CST.

On a personal note, I am going to finish up my obligations that I have already signed up for; I will continue to host this swap as long as you girls want to play with me; and there is a small swap that I do enjoy swapping in but I will not be participating in any other swaps. I have had my feelings hurt and don't want that to happen again. DH tells me all the time that I wear my feelings on my sleeve and it is true. Never thought that someone would be so cruel.
    This was post number 57 on this thread....
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    I love this board and everyone in it. where else can one go for advice at 9:30 at night, and get a couple of responses imm? where can you go at 8 in the morning and get opinions on your border? if you're new at something or ever a pro, you can get advice right away. You can make friends all over the place here. you can actually meet these people, and I have, and i'm sure a lot of you have to. There is no other place in the world to me, where you can get a gift in the mail, for simply mailing out one. you all come here for enjoyment and talent and inspiration, I love LOVE this board, so let's all try to keep it going. it's so much fun here. let's talk to Patrice about this, i'm sure she has a backup for us. I'm ready to ship my Halloween one. if no swap this month, i'll do side swap.

I have enjoyed following this tread and swap! I love my PC and NB I was sent. I'm sure Tracey has a good reason for not being on the board. I remember one time she had an asthma attack and ended up in the hospital, so maybe something else of a similar nature has happened. Let's hope for the best and pray for her... imho...

Hear hear, Lynnie! Me too. What a wonderful group of people that are willing to help a gal in need.
    RedGarnet222

*Oliver Wendell Holms

Thank you quilting dragon and the other ladies on here. It is a shame to be burned, and I think it's worse when we feel like no one is there or listening, because really we are just saddened that someone would do that. (And waiting by the mailbox for two months stinks!)I hope that this swap is able to be continued, maybe with a new hostess, that way it won't go down on an ugly note. I just wanted something that was made for me, the thought, and it was my first time participating in this particular one. I hope our hostess is ok, but I do not like the way she exited out of the scene. I thought that was irresponsible to our feelings. Luckily there are many nice ladies I have met on these boards to not discourage me completely. So maybe I'll do an October swap if it can be organized? Thanks for listening to my two cents!

Blog Entries
    I too have been burned about 3 times, but I keep coming back for more. I can't let those few inconsiderate few burn me forever. I love the swap and the people I "meet". Most of us are great here, and look forward to seeing what others get and feel your pain at the same time. Please join us again.

Blog Entries
    if anyone hears about the next signup for pincushions or the ornament swap, please pm me. thanks a bunch

Today there was a new October pincushion/needlecase swap posted for anyone interested. I will be your host and hope to see you on the new thread.

Super! I found a neat needle case pattern and "pinned yesterday! I also work in clay and have been cutting out teensiest buttons and putting them on pins for a pin cushion - of course all of us quilters love to cute-see up our pin cushions! Will head over and pm so I don't miss out!

glad you found us, Jean.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18