Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: June *FLAG DAY* Oh Sew Sweet 2.5" ‘CANDY’ charm swap!!!!

I'm visiting DD in Fort Worth for a few days and while she is working, I'm playing with my candy. I've started to make split nine patch blocks. They don't take a lot of planning and I can come and go in between playing with her 2 dogs. Also, guess what I found for $6.99 each at Goodwill? A sturdy ironing board and a (looks like) new Rowenta Master iron. I was looking for a used ironing board and iron for her house since she has neither and I need them for piecing. Well, I already told her she can keep the ironing board but I'm taking the iron home with me!

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the late reply Sherri, I received my candy charms! I would love to join another swap

Yes, I am looking for another 2 1/2" swap as I am now collecting them for a quilt. I would definitely join your swap.

I'd love to swap again but I don't have much time this summer for cutting, houseguests, traveling, supervising a swap, some home reno...the list goes on and on, plus the fabrics would be mostly the same as I've already sent. I might be able to do 5 or so batik sets, but I'll check the dates when it's posted. Thank you, Sheri, for making these candy swaps available to us!

Below is a wip with a lot of the squares I've rec'd to date. Another 40 or so blocks are on the sewing table right now so soon I'll have to decide on a final layout. I cannot seem to choose between a light and a dark center! I even tried an asymmetrical layout but my sense of balance keeps pushing me back to the one of these. Choices!

Name:  securedownload2 - Copy.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  119.8 KB
    Name:  securedownload - Copy.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  117.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    All y'all should have received your Candy swap package. Is anyone up for a July/August...back to you in September swap?
    Last edited by Janice McC; 07-10-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    I'd love to swap again but I don't have much time this summer for cutting, houseguests, traveling, supervising a swap, some home reno...the list goes on and on, plus the fabrics would be mostly the same as I've already sent. I might be able to do 5 or so batik sets, but I'll check the dates when it's posted. Thank you, Sheri, for making these candy swaps available to us!

Below is a wip with a lot of the squares I've rec'd to date. Another 40 or so blocks are on the sewing table right now so soon I'll have to decide on a final layout. I cannot seem to choose between a light and a dark center! I even tried an asymmetrical layout but my sense of balance keeps pushing me back to the one of these. Choices!

Name:  securedownload2 - Copy.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  119.8 KB
    Name:  securedownload - Copy.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  117.9 KB
    I love the dark center.

They're both really great!!! I couldn't choose a favorite.

Ok so waiting on approval for next swap.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

aborning - I love the quilt. I think I like the dark center best. If it's a hard decision you'll have to keep collecting candy and make both.

I missed this swap but really would live to join the next one! Looks like tons of fun!

Here you go ladies! I finally heard from PatriceJ.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10