Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice! >

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

June Mug Rug Swap! Patriotic colors or picnic! your choice!

Old 06-17-2015, 06:04 PM

I sent mine before the last day and I am happy about that!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:27 PM

Pictures are not uploading. I will post the picture later. Nan62 made the most beautiful mug rug and matching coaster. I just love it. Love it all. The blue K is perfect.
Attached Thumbnails 20150616_081010.jpg  
Old 06-18-2015, 03:58 AM

Beautiful mug rugs! once again. I see most this month were Patriotic? or is it the picnics are just a bit slower coming around the horn? wonderful treats and cool mug rugs. YAHOO!

Three more days til new sign ups wonder what it will be? aliens? or perhaps.. puppy love? or is it something more in line with what your hoping it is? the world may never know.. at least til the 21st! then there will be a new post for sign ups.

someone asked what to do when company is forever popping by for two or three days? good question! in my case there is always time to just give me an hour to work on this while you settle on in or hope you don't mind but I HAVE to get this out by xyz time frame I wont be to long but .. see I am big on filling obligations on time. You could always ask your partner if they mind a couple days later if absolutely need be but you risk not being allowed to play next month because that is not a good enough reason not to fulfill your obligation. You need to be sick or hospitalized or have a serious family emergency to not complete your project on time. If you wont be able to do something one month I understand just please don't sign up that month. This way people who work hard to make sure you have something done on time for YOU receive the same courtesy back in return. I think allowing one person to slide by and then another sets us up for non fulfilled commitments and there comes the old we need angels again. Not a good scenario. I am sorry. Its just the name of the mug rug game. and everyone takes a month off here and there. also a grand idea is to just do yours straight up first thing you get your name. Have it sitting and done. Tada! then no matter what happens during your month your still ready to play. An idea!
Old 06-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful mug rug and coaster, Nan62! Is the eagle embroidery? Great minds think alike: I made a 'flag' mug rug as well....
Old 06-18-2015, 05:57 AM

Very nice mug rug, love the eagle on it. Theme, theme, I need a theme........whisper it to me Brat, I won't tell
Old 06-18-2015, 06:28 AM

Nana62, what a great package you sent hav4boys! I love the flag mug rug and all the fun goodies!

If I don't at least start early, then I get really stressed and it starts to be less fun? But I know that not everyone works that way and each of us have our own way of approaching things. I love seeing mug rugs come in over a period of time as it gives me more to look at through the month, but I can imagine it's very stressful for you Brat to have to deal with "lates". I have found that communicating with my partner really makes this swap fun and interesting! I feel like I'm making new friendships each month and look forward to meeting each other.

nhnative...btw...I should have know you also loved Nancy Halvorsen's books! Ha ha ha! I have a bunch of them and have used her patterns for quite a few projects. Just another reason why we had fun swapping...my chubby Uncle Sam is going on my wall of course.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

I love Nancy Halvorson's designs too.
Love the new mugrug and the goodies.
I can't wait to see more, and also am anxious to see our new topic.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:41 AM

I just got home and this awesome swap was in my mailbox. Where to begin without leaving anything out. I got so many things it's Christmas in June. OK the first pic was how it came wrapped in a homespun towel and ribbon. Inside was a great mug rug, a decorated journal and post it notes, a huge printed country flag, then some vintage linens, a pineapple doily, 2 soaps, and a decorated bag that has a decorated coaster and lovely note. The last pic is the back of the mug rug. I don't know what to say. I can't thank you enough and I hope everyone enjoys ALL the pics of the swap. Thank you, thank you Pat
Attached Thumbnails june-2015-mug-rug-swap-001.jpg   june-2015-mug-rug-swap-002.jpg   june-2015-mug-rug-swap-003.jpg   june-2015-mug-rug-swap-004.jpg   june-2015-mug-rug-swap-005.jpg  

june-2015-mug-rug-swap-006.jpg  
Old 06-18-2015, 09:44 AM

I forgot to say who it was from. It was Ronda, rwquilts.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Wow... a swap full of beautiful things!! Good job, Ronda. Everything is lovely.