Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012 >

Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012

Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012

Old 04-22-2012, 02:40 AM

I am not able to join this swap at this time...I just have so much fun with these swaps, but work seems to get in my way of my fun. I surely hope that you do this swap another time. I love all the blocks shown.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM

Default My new direction...

Hi everyone,

Here's what I have so far. They're both 6" blocks. One is on point, (the black is a background, not part of the block.) I hope that's OK. If not, I can add on corners and just make the block bigger. Is anyone else doing their blocks on point? I have 2 more sets to go. If I have time, I may do some embellishments...we'll see.

~C.
Attached Thumbnails tree-point-thm.jpg   patchwork-tree-thm.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Rachel, I mailed 5 sets to you today. Keep an eye out for them.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Hi everyone,

Here's what I have so far. They're both 6" blocks. One is on point, (the black is a background, not part of the block.) I hope that's OK. If not, I can add on corners and just make the block bigger. Is anyone else doing their blocks on point? I have 2 more sets to go. If I have time, I may do some embellishments...we'll see.

~C.
I think these are both great!! I love the on point one, I would leave it as is and people can decide if they want to add corners to it or not.

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
Rachel, I mailed 5 sets to you today. Keep an eye out for them.
Will do!! They are starting to roll in now, I am getting very excited!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 AM

I like the first one. I hope I get one of those. I do not know what to do for one "on point'. Some of us do not know what to do or how to do it on point. Mine would probably not go in a quilt.
Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Hi everyone,

~C.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

Tropit both blocks are very cute. I think it would be nice if the on point one would have the flaps/corners already sewn on if possible so they can be used more readily along with the other blocks. Thanks for posting pictures. It is nice to see everyones great blocks.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM

Cute blocks, I did some of my cats that way in the Halloween exchange. but added the corners. I am loving learning how to do different things. With swapping it takes me out of my comfort zone and I get to try new things that I have not tried before.

I am playing catch up this week. I am a bit frazzled with the Wedding dress and trying to get a fitting! The wedding is in two weeks and I have never had this problem before. My sister says I am over thinking it!

So I am going back to my forest and going to work on Magical things that don't make me think too much!

Rachel, I have an Envelope here for you that made it to the PO and then found it's way back to me! Funny thing about the post office they won't mail stuff with out stamps! I think I left my brain in the sewing room!

I am also training for a Marathon and the running is interfering with my sewing. It is hard to be a late night person when you get up at 6 am to run miles... I usually am falling asleep by 8 pm any more! Maybe I left my brain out on the trail!

Annaquilts your little girls are so cute!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Rachel, I have an Envelope here for you that made it to the PO and then found it's way back to me! Funny thing about the post office they won't mail stuff with out stamps! I think I left my brain in the sewing room!
They are silly like that aren't they!! I am always leaving my brain places, so I know how it goes!!

Cheers!
Rachel
Old 05-02-2012, 03:25 PM

Did you get my blocks? They should have arrived last Sat.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Rachel, I am so excited to try this exchange, too. I will do two sets. Thanks for organizing it.