Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical Forest Swap - Sign-Ups Close May 15, 2012

I made a tree block this morning. I hope you guys like it!! I think I will make a few more today. Feels like a good sewing day.

Cheers!
    Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images

magical forest swap

i would love to join your swap. please let me know where and what. i have soo many ufo's now that one more wont hurt!

Blog Entries
    Rachael, I love your trees! I made a gnome block and a few tree blocks. I like free form pieceing also, I look at the pattern get an idea and then go create my own magical forest.

I do have an Embroidery machine, but dang if I will take the time to learn it! I can do simple stuff, but when I had the lessons at Joann's my "teacher" was too busy with her boyfriend on the phone. So I figured I could teach myself! Not yet at least! My Machine is a Viking Husqvarna, Limited Edition. It sews great but I just can't quite get the hang of the embroidery part. I keep saying I am going to take lessons, but now that gas is $4.50 and the closest Dealership is in Riverside... Not too likely right now.

OK Back to my gnomes and 'shrooms' Will post pictures later today
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Can I make 12 of the same as long as I pack it in two sets? So if I make twelfe 6 1/2 in. gnomes I am OK as long as they are packed sepperate?
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
    Can I make 12 of the same as long as I pack it in two sets? So if I make twelfe 6 1/2 in. gnomes I am OK as long as they are packed sepperate?
    Yes that should be okay. We just can't have more blocks alike than the number of participants we have (so we will have to have 12 people to make 12 alike blocks.) Right now we have 8 people, but I am sure we will have at least 12 before sign-ups close (hopefully more!!)

Sounds like you want to join us, can I sign you up for our magical walk through the forest?

Rachel

LOL Rachel. You are so right. I have several bigger quilts I am working on that need to be done by June but you might as well count me in for this swap as right now I am working on piecing and appliqueing blocks for it. I also designed 6 different blocks, several paper piecing. Not sure if I will get to make all but I can not seem to lay off. Way too much fun. Do you already need to know how many sets? So yes, go ahead and sign me up. I would think I will make 4-6 sets.

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by athenagwis View Post
    Yes that should be okay. We just can't have more blocks alike than the number of participants we have (so we will have to have 12 people to make 12 alike blocks.) Right now we have 8 people, but I am sure we will have at least 12 before sign-ups close (hopefully more!!)

Sounds like you want to join us, can I sign you up for our magical walk through the forest?

Rachel
    Anna Quilts

Hi athenagwis - I can't resist your Magical Forest. I have been working on 3x6" gnomes today - one set.
    I hope to do more of something else but will let you know what develops. Are you flooded with mushrooms yet?
    Would love to be added in.
    Thanks.
    shirley

Hi athenagwis! I've been lurking for a few days & I'd love to join this swap too.

I am new to the board and this is an exciting swap. I hope this is what I have to do to sign up!

Hi ladies!!

Welcome to the swap!! I have sent all of you a PM with the info you need to send the blocks to me. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or just ask here.

Cheers!
    Rachel

Some new pics. There are:

2 - bathing birds (I just love this little girl!)
    1 - polka dot tree
    2 - dragons
    6 - leaning trees (all are different)
    6 - big mushrooms
    1 - quilted-looking tree (only it's embroidered)
    6 - striped trees
    1 - swirly tree
    2 - trees with birds, apple, and squirrel
    1 - birds with flowers
    1 - gnome mushroom house
    1 - fantasy butterfly
    5 - appliqued pine trees (photo shows 6, but somebody (can't imagine who! LOL!) goofed and sewed the tree on the wrong side of the background fabric! )
    1 - stack of unicorns

6 sets (36 blocks) total.

I need a nap now! LOL!
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Wow you've been busy! Love them all.

Indeed WOW! Great job and so many done already. And then I thought I was doing good with 2 sets done.
    Thanks for posting. It helps me think of how to add to the blocks I am making. Mushrooms are on my menue next. I just washed the fabric and am drying it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
    Some new pics. There are:

2 - bathing birds (I just love this little girl!)
    1 - polka dot tree
    2 - dragons
    6 - leaning trees (all are different)
    6 - big mushrooms
    1 - quilted-looking tree (only it's embroidered)
    6 - striped trees
    1 - swirly tree
    2 - trees with birds, apple, and squirrel
    1 - birds with flowers
    1 - gnome mushroom house
    1 - fantasy butterfly
    5 - appliqued pine trees (photo shows 6, but somebody (can't imagine who! LOL!) goofed and sewed the tree on the wrong side of the background fabric! )
    1 - stack of unicorns

6 sets (36 blocks) total.

I need a nap now! LOL!
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Anna Quilts

I have been working on some mushroom houses and some crazy trees. They are appliques. They are coming out really cute. Not quite ready for pictures though. Maybe later today.

moonrise-- Those are some great blocks!! I cannot wait to see them in person.

Annaquilts & ssnare - Please post pics!! i can't wait to see what everyone is working on!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

love the blocks.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Moonrise, love the blocks, especially the dragon, unicorns and the little red mushroom. Here are pictures I have been working on. My blocks are 6 1/2 x 6 1/2, 6 1/2 x 3 1/2, and 9 1/2 x 6 1/2.

Fabulous blocks, everyone!
    I am working on paper-pieced gnomes (3 1/2 x 6 1/2).
    What a fun theme : )
    shirley

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar
    Oh yeah, gotta do this one!!! Not sure how many sets yet till I start playing around.

Once you start working on them, the amount of sets grow. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
    Oh yeah, gotta do this one!!! Not sure how many sets yet till I start playing around.

Quote Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
    Once you start working on them, the amount of sets grow. LOL.
    Ain't that the truth!!!

Blog Entries
    I have some finished but darn camera is acting up! I know I need a new one but not right now! too much other fun stuff to spend my money on! Like Fabric.

I did a few gnomes and a few Mushroom houses, and a few trees. So far I have been having so much fun experimenting with some of my own creations. I love this swap!

I promise pictures this week. i am taking the camera to walgreens and see if they can get the pictures off the disk and onto a readable format for me.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

eek, what a fun swap! I can't join this one at this time, but I will definitely be lurking and checking out all the amazing blocks.
    Naomi, Wife to Wayne
    Mom to Sydney (8.07), heaven baby Corey (8.08), Elijah (8.09), Kezia (8.11)

I have been watching the fantastic blocks everyone has been making and I just have to join this swap! The land of Fantasy is where I live and escape the horrors of this life. (This life isn't really so bad; but it sure is fun to escape!)
    God is good - All the time!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say we officially have 14 people signed up for this swap!! You can see the list here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...p-g16-d64.html

If you have not let me know how many sets you think you'll be doing, please just send me a quick PM. It helps to know how many sets we'll be dealing with in the end as people are making blocks. Also, if you have pictures to share as you are sewing, please do!! We already have some wonderful blocks shown in this thread, and I think we would all love to see what we will be swapping for!!

If you have been lurking here, but haven't signed up yet, don't be afraid to join us!! Remember these blocks can be anything foresty!! If you want to do all tree blocks, that's perfectly fine, if you want to do all magical creatures, that's fine too!! If you have foresty/magical creaturey fabric and want to make a pieced block, that'll work too. I picked up some great mushroom fabric that I think I'll make a wonky log cabin style block with. Be creative!! If you love it, we'll love it. And you'll get a nice variety of blocks back anyway. If you need some ideas on tree blocks, you can scroll back through this thread, I have posted a bunch of links with different ideas. We would love to see more people joining us here!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast