Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
"Make it round" mug rug swap >

"Make it round" mug rug swap

"Make it round" mug rug swap

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 AM

That's even better ... love your creations! I'll have to look into this technique. Is it difficult?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
That's even better ... love your creations! I'll have to look into this technique. Is it difficult?
I just use soft scrub with bleach. A nice plastic stencil, a sponge brush, and some "anti-chlor" from the pool store. I generally will do 30+ in a day. I like the 4" -6" ones so that I can use them all sorts of things later on. Some I ink, some I might paint if they get too white, some get colored pencils, whatever I feel like doing to them!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by dixie_fried View Post
Lynnie--can't wait for a real picture of that Matryoshka doll! I adore them and can't believe you made a mug rug of one. I may try one myself, if you don't mind?
dixie-fried, I just copied the pattern from a picture of one and fused each part onto the body section. It was so much fun to make and I am going to make another couple for gifts.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:55 PM

Wow! Lots of pretty mug rugs and sneaks peaks, can't wait to see more.

Starshine, hope you got yours or get them today. How did the wedding go?
I am visiting family this week, and my mail is being held, so please excuse delayed gratification until I get my mail, lol.

Abd. I dropped yours in the mail yesterday so it should be heading your way today, hope you get it sooon.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:55 PM

Did you like the sunflower Marymo? That one took me a bit to make. Found the petal maker at the quilt shop and it came to me what to make you since your avatr is a sunflower and in a pm, you hinted towards such.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 PM

All these mug rugs are awesome and so diverse. Yes the creativity is amazing.

Candi your package arrived today! They are wonderful! I'll be playing Vivaldi's 4 seasons as I enjoy my beverage with them. Hint for all to speculate.
I still have guests here from the wedding (my son's) and didn't get the last bit of the 4th one done before the guests came, so I'll have to finish on Wed. after they leave. One trip to the airport Wed am for a flight that leaves at 6 am and the other flight leaves at 1:30 pm (2nd trip) only 15-20 minutes each way so not too bad, but it is an early wake up to get my daughter to the airport approx. 5 am. I'll try to do a preliminary post of one I made on Wed. and try to post the ones Candi sent me, but if I don't get it to work Candi said she'd post a pic.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:13 PM

hey, dixie, i'm petty sure we can work a deal so you can copy the matrushka doll. 8-) i think it's pretty great! can't wait to see it in person. thought i'd get some dying done this week-end coming, but my sister is coming into town to play. i'm not sure i can get her interested. 8-). i'm ready to make a mess!!

i hope some of us will be trading quilt blocks in the alice in wonderland swap!! the more the merrier, and you know it's lots of fun! don't have eo mail the blocks in until june 15th so lots of time to get creative( again!) personally, i have a thing for flamingos and hedgehogs!! lol
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM

o, btw, have lyn's and shirley's mug rugs ready to be mailed tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned

Alice in wonderland swap???? do tell!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:01 PM

oooo, jaciq--your prints/ disharge dyed blocks would be wonderful! and any other of the beautiful things you do! please, say you will!!