Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap >

March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Swap Hosts

What a fabulous quilt you received, Brenda. Lucky you!
Barb, so glad you arrived safely and that you're already having a marvelous time.
I do hope you and Lynnie get to meet. What fun that would be!
No mud quilts, but ... hmmmm. Spring = mud= btown!
Now anyone who loathes coral, speak up now before April partners are selected. Sign up in a couple of days!
Old 03-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
What a fabulous quilt you received, Brenda. Lucky you!
Barb, so glad you arrived safely and that you're already having a marvelous time.
I do hope you and Lynnie get to meet. What fun that would be!
No mud quilts, but ... hmmmm. Spring = mud= btown!
Now anyone who loathes coral, speak up now before April partners are selected. Sign up in a couple of days!
Coral is one of my favorites... and Turquoise also... Wear alot of both colors... When will they be do for April... Still haven't gotten mine...
Old 03-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Lookie what the mail lady brought me today! It's from Moedeenie, and according to the lovely card she sent, it's her first doll quilt! NO WAY! This little quilt is much too AWESOME to be a "first"! I'm very, very impressed, and absolutely LOVE the quilt! The colors are gorgeous, and they even match my sewing room. Check out the "Eat Sleep Quilt" pin she used as an embellishment! How adorable (and true! LOL!) is that? She quilted it with fancy stitches, and even the back side is gorgeous. The workmanship is PERFECT! And what a pretty label! (Since this is a public forum, I edited out her last name in the picture.)

She also sent some a magnetic daisy notepad, a piece of green batik that I'm drooling over , and a nifty packet of tissues.

Thanks so much, Moedeenie! I'm tickled pink with everything! I'm one very lucky swapper to have gotten you as a partner!
Attached Thumbnails eatsleepquilt1.jpg   eatsleepquilt2.jpg   eatsleepquilt3.jpg   eatsleepquilt4.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 03-19-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:35 PM

So glad you made it!!! Sounds like you are having fun already. I am almost ready to send off your quilt. We are meeting at the quilt shop in Chapel Hill tomorrow to finish them off.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Moonrise, your DQ is indeed outstanding! I like the fabrics used. Lots of goodies there!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Oh what lovely quilts have come in today! N, love the Paducah spring you received. The flowers add just an extra touch don't they. My grands like to poke pincushions too! Cute fella.
Brenda great color coordination in the floral quilt. That blue "eyelash" fabric has long been a fav of mine.
moonrise, lovely fabric in a lovely quilt.
You are some lucky ladies! Still working on mine.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Brenda, Donna, I love the blue/green flower fabric you used. It's awesome.Super block pattern. I love it.
Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
I received my amazing doll quilt and matching mug rug today from Donna and I am in awe of the beautiful work that she did! I absolutely L*O*V*E my quilt. Thank you soooo much!! Hugs![ATTACH=CONFIG]321086[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321087[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321088[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]321089[/ATTACH]
Old 03-19-2012, 05:24 PM

Moonrise, Moedeenie, Awesome! I love the fabric choice and your quilting is awesome!!And the little pin attached...how perfect.
Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Lookie what the mail lady brought me today! It's from Moedeenie, and according to the lovely card she sent, it's her first doll quilt! NO WAY! This little quilt is much too AWESOME to be a "first"! I'm very, very impressed, and absolutely LOVE the quilt! The colors are gorgeous, and they even match my sewing room. Check out the "Eat Sleep Quilt" pin she used as an embellishment! How adorable (and true! LOL!) is that? She quilted it with fancy stitches, and even the back side is gorgeous. The workmanship is PERFECT! And what a pretty label! (Since this is a public forum, I edited out her last name in the picture.)

She also sent some a magnetic daisy notepad, a piece of green batik that I'm drooling over , and a nifty packet of tissues.

Thanks so much, Moedeenie! I'm tickled pink with everything! I'm one very lucky swapper to have gotten you as a partner!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Quiltingkrazy, your DQ is finished and ready for posting but I am holding it back until tomorrow (Wednesday) as it is going to hang in a little display where our Premier will be visiting It will be in the post for sure on Thursday. Had a lot of fun doing this DQ.

The Premier??? sounds official. Get a picture to post if you can! That would just be really neat!
Yours is getting in the mail/post tomorrow as well. ( our Tuesday) Just never made it to to post office!
Yea, I know, just putting off till tomorrow what could have been done today! That's what my mom always said!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:09 PM

All these little quilts are SO beautiful! I am in awe to be a part of this group! Just makes me wanna try harder
with each one I do!