Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st >

March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Old 03-26-2014, 07:35 PM

I got my pincushion today and I love it!! The moil lady had been in the rain so my box had gotten wet and had an opening so though there might have been a note from my "person" it wasn't in there so I don't know who its from. I love it though! I love the little rose centered right on the top, and the cute little flowers and butterfly pin. Thank you so very much!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM

Ok swappers. I mailed both pin cushions and needle cases to my partners but only one rcvd her's...jver701 did not and I've not heard from her....but here's what went missing...boohoo...and I just tried a new paper pieced pattern
jver701....I'm starting over and will make and send you another pincushion...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469046[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 03-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

LLWinston44 that is a very pretty pincushion. I like the added touches to it.

Scrapper those are all very pretty. Nice paper piecing work. I have got to get back and practice on mine again. I made one, and sent it to the lady you got me started in it, but got busy with so many other things.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:26 AM

Kim that is really cute! Your partner was brod71.

jver701 did let me know she got her pincushion, so no worries Scrapper. She has been ill and a little late with mailing. But, her packages are now in the mail and winging their way to her partners.

We do have one more participant that has not mailed, but we have been in contact. She is going through a very difficult time and should be mailing very soon.

The bad news is some people are still waiting, but the good news is that I don't think I will need any swap angels. I hope that we all can understand how life can throw you for a real loop now and again and foil our best intentions.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:08 AM

I received my darling needle book yesterday for my partner lauriejo..It is so sweet and she also sent my jelly beans and two beautiful pins!
A big Thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails 110.jpg   111.jpg   112.jpg  
Old 03-27-2014, 06:24 AM

I am glad you like it Kathy. I didn't realize until it was ready to mail that the ribbons were in backwards lol. But, once you tie it I don't think it's too noticeable.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
I got my pincushion today and I love it!! The moil lady had been in the rain so my box had gotten wet and had an opening so though there might have been a note from my "person" it wasn't in there so I don't know who its from. I love it though! I love the little rose centered right on the top, and the cute little flowers and butterfly pin. Thank you so very much!!!
So glad you liked it! There was a note inside but that's ok. At least the pin cushion arrived safely. Enjoy!
Bernice
Old 03-27-2014, 06:48 AM

I received a lovely needlecase and the cutest mini chicken pin cushion with some good ol' chocolate goodies from NanaKathy55! I absolutely loved it and will try to post pics of it tonight! Thanks again, this was fun! Still not sure if my swap partner received my needle case but it was mailed over a week ago and should have been received by now. Will love to know if they received it and liked it.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 AM

It did! I love the fabric you used! Might I ask who the fabric is by? I'd love to get some along with the line!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
It did! I love the fabric you used! Might I ask who the fabric is by? I'd love to get some along with the line!
Kim - I purchased a set of fat quarters of this fabric line a few years ago on ebay. It sat and sat in my closet and just recently I decided to pull it out and do something with it as well as use it for your pin cushion. I agree it is very pretty fabric. I am at work but as soon as I get home I will check who is the maker of the fabric and get back to you although it may be discontinued since it has been a few years ago that I got it. But in any case I will let you know because even when things are discontinued you may be able to Google it and find someplace that still carries it. I did that recently with a fabric that had been discontinued and searched high and low for it on the internet and there was only one shop in the mid-west that still had it in stock!