Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Definitely some great stuff on Pinterest. I spend way too much time there some days.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

I posted an invitation on Facebook for people to become a member of QB and join our pincushion/needlecase swap. About 85% of my friends on Facebook are doll makers so we shall see what happens.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Thanks Karen, what a great idea. Very few of my FB friends actually sew, and most of the ones who do are people I met here on QB!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post

I created a thread in the pictures forum with pictures of our goodies from February, I thought it might catch us a couple more swappers.
    Thats where you got ME! Lol
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

I'll post this on my Quilters group I'm in on fb.
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Blog Entries
    LL winston, bing needle cases
    Mary...I NEED pictures, i'm withdrawing right now.
    I spend a lot of time and energy binging needle cases and pincushions and such. sometimes hours.
    I'M REALLY BAD ABOUT IT.
    sometimes I spend all night looking at others little masterpieces.
    can't wait to see whom I get this time
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Here's a pic of the ice cream sundae I finished and a small needlecase. It finally warmed up here today to 20 but in the morning it was 5. I'm getting more snow tomorrow into Monday. Whoopie just what I wanted. NOT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    nhnative that pincushion is so pretty along with the needle case.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

wow nh that is some wonderful work you've done. Those pins look like straws in a soda at first glance. Love the ladybug shamrock fabric. We are suppose to get icy rain and snow sleet mix Saturday night and all day sunday. That's the kind of weather keeps you in and possibly no power too. Hope we keep power or or well won't work and it's bad enough with no electricity but no water is a lot to add to it.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    These are freaky weather days, but I guess good sewing days, well minus the electric being out.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Oh wow. Just looked up needle cases. TOO cool!! I just use a piece of fabric and it is a guarenteed finger stick at all times. Lol
    Kim

Kim just look at some of the beautiful needlecases on this swap and past months too. There are a lot of talented people on here.Mary
    Mary

Blog Entries
    NH, beautiful pincushion and needle case. they're so fun to make.
    they get addicting to make too. So many fun things out there. we get our partners soon.
    can't wait for all the pics to come in. Well, I can't do pics, so I hope my partner can.
    All ready to go, just need addy's now.
    Snow coming tomorrow 12"+. I'll be busy sewing.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    NH, beautiful pincushion and needle case. they're so fun to make.
    they get addicting to make too. So many fun things out there. we get our partners soon.
    can't wait for all the pics to come in. Well, I can't do pics, so I hope my partner can.
    All ready to go, just need addy's now.
    Snow coming tomorrow 12"+. I'll be busy sewing.
    Thanks I just love making them. Today it was 44 and I thought I was in Florida. I'm getting snow tonight and they said 2-4. Last time they said 1-3 and I got 8". I hope they are right and I'll take the 2-4.

I would love to swap pincushions, but I'ld have to send it as a parcel (no mather what weight)and that would cost 18 euro ($24,96), now that would be a very expensive pin cushion. (and that's the same for the lady who would send me one)
    But over here (Holland) we can send something as 'letter' as long as it has a max. height of 3,25 cm ( 1 1/4 inch, about) I think there are lovely patterns that could be used to make a rather thin pincushion, but don't know if you'll agree that this would be acceptable..
    But just now I had a look on the am. site (USPS) and I saw 'with shock' that your envelopes for letters can only be 1/4 inch thick.
    So before deciding that it's just not for me, I write it here because I might be wrong. May be there are possibilities in Am. mail that I don't know about?
    Of course it also depends if swappers would want to send internationaly.

What do'ya think???
    (I could be in a needlecase swap I think, but sorry, I'm just not interested in those :-((. )
    Last edited by fabric lover; 03-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Wow that is an expensive package! I checked the US postal site and to ship a package to you would be about $12 which would be like 9 euros? That would be using your own packaging and sending it first class instead of priority. Is that doable for you?

Instead of a already made pincushion, what about a pincushion pattern? Would that be something doable?
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Lauriejo, that's not possible while sending from the NL. But sending it as 'letter', less than 1 1/4 inch high, wouldn't be very expensive, just a few euro's. So for me a 'flat' LOL pincushion would be doable, but there is still the cost for the Am. swapper(s).
    It would be an idea Klaws, but I think the fun for most is getting a ready made pc.

Oh, just had a brainwave (gotta remember that, doesn't happen too often LOL), what if the person who has me makes a pc, but doesn't fill it. So I would just have to fill it and sew the last few stitches? Could that be done?
    I suppose that way you could send it as a 'letter' too?

But I don't want to give you more work Lauriejo, I just wrote it because I've been looking at this swap for several month thinking of a way to participate and not end up 'broke' LOL.

A doll friend of mine posted a picture of a pincushion on facebook and I wanted to share it with all of you. It was made from a pattern by Monica Spicer of Australia. She specializes in making bears but makes other little animals too. This is the cutest thing and she has several other pincushion patterns. Unfortunately, the cost is $20.00 Australian money. That is more than I am willing to spend. Here is a picture of Lottie & Sniff and the website where you can see the other pincushions. http://www.monicasattictreasures.com.au/patterns.html. Lynnie, this picture is for you.

Name:  lottie and sniff p 2.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  48.5 KB
    Karen

ohhhhhh, that is gorgeous! I had a quick look on her site and she has several great patterns.
    They do look rather complicated though.
    I think it's best for me to try her free pattern first, because it could be too difficult for me, I'm not much of a doll - or animal maker, esp. tiny ones :-). Thanks for sharing.

awwww klaws look at those eyes. That's sooo sweet.Karen if you make one I want one....lol
    Mary

Lauriejo how many sign ups now? Roserips sent me a little tin box full of sewing machine needles. Thanks Elayne. I have more than enough now. Thanks to all who offered. I didn't count them but I bet there's at least 50 needles.That should keep me making sewing machines for years. lol. Have a good weekend, Mary
    Mary

Well we do have swappers who said they would be willing to ship international. So, for those of you willing to ship international, what do you think of the idea of receiving an "unstuffed" pincushion??? You can either answer here on the thread, or if you would prefer you can send me a PM.

I would be willing to swap with her for an unfilled pin cushion. I hate to see someone not be able to play along.At least we could try it once. Mary
    Mary

What a cute pattern. I made this Christmas bear a few years ago and it's about 4" tall. I only made ONE.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast