Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Mary as of right now we have 13 people signed up for 10 needlecases and 13 pincushions. Plenty of room for more!
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Thank You Laurijo. That sounds like about average,don't it?
    Mary

I think so Mary. We had a few from last month that couldn't do it again, but we also have a few newbies.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Laurie, I LOVE the carry-all pincushion you sent me last month. I carry it everywhere with all the things I need for hand work watching TV.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

picture for lynnie the picture addict. lol

I am posting a picture of the 2 pin cushions I made , I'm giving roserips (Elayne) her choice for sending me so many needles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Karen I went back to get another pink carrier to make myself one and they were all out! I have been kicking myself over that one.

Mary those are both really cute, but I absolutely LOVE the sewing machine one. Did you design it yourself???

Laurie, where did you get the carrier?
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Yes I designed the sew machine myself. I started making them about 3 yrs ago. The chair is a pattern from a Christmas book. I can't remember the name if anyone wants to know I will go look it up.The machine is about 5" long. the little pin cushion on it is about 1/2" dia.I don't remember what the pin cush you made looks like.
    Mary

I think I got it at the dollar store, but now I am wondering if maybe I got it at Dollar General. The brain is fried, sigh.
    Mary this is the pincushion I made in January
    Name:  Pincushion1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  28.4 KB

How pretty and valentinesy. You did a good job on it. Very original. Thanks for posting. I went back through and didn't see it.they say the mind is the first to go. I believe it. Lol
    Mary

LOL yes the mind is definitely the first to go, I forget what is second . . .

I actually did that pincushion in January which is probably why you couldn't find it.

I say that an unstuffed pincushion is a good idea so that all can participate that would like too

Blog Entries
    I have been working a bit on my needle book today, but my eyes are not working too good. My mind is going too. lol..
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Thank you so much for your effort Lauriejo. And thank you too to the swappers that don't mind getting and/or receiving an 'unfilled' pincushion, I am definitively 'in' now and send my info.
    wow, can't wait to start....... and worry (if it'll match up to the wonderful pc's you're al making!)

Our final count is 14 swappers for 10 needlecases and 14 pincushions. I will be swapping them out today and plan to have all the PMs sent out by the end of the day.

Yippee, can't wait!
    Karen

I wonder who is going to be first to mail theirs out. It won't be me as I'm not finished yet. Today would be a great day to sew but I've already been out to shovel once and since it's still snowing I'll be out again before long. It was so nice yesterday with the temp at 44. It had even started melting again.

You know who will be the first to mail...Lynnie! She is always one step ahead of everyone else. Or should I say, two months ahead of everyone else.
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by klaws View Post
    You know who will be the first to mail...Lynnie! She is always one step ahead of everyone else. Or should I say, two months ahead of everyone else.
    I agree. Wish I was more like her.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    yes, mine is packed and ready to go. If we get too much snow, I will have to wait till Tuesday. they first told us 12+ then 6-12 finally 3-4" so who knows how much or if we get it. I guess it could be 12 or more or less. Going to the library to see if I can print out some things, in case i'm snowed in. we don't have a printer. took me all these yrs to get a laptop. might as wait 4 more for a printer. everyone stay warm in the snow and frigid weather.

Yipee!!! we're getting our partners soon, can't wait to see who I get. Maybe you, or you.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    klaws, a BIG OMG over that pincushion. it's sooo sooo pretty and detailed. I need to save up for one of those. it's to pretty for words. thanks for the picture. I must strive to be that good, er great.

thanks to everyone else for posting pics of their pc.s a lot of cute and useful PC"S. such detail. I love looking at others work, so inspirational, and the creativity is great too, for my wandering mind.

thanks all for the pics, and i'm ready to ship.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    The pink pc is so handy, love the other ones posted too, and isn't that bear so cute and fun to make, I made over 50 of those one year, out of casket velvet and a little of embroidery on the leftchest of the bear. adorable.
    keep the pics coming everyone. off to the library for me.

Lynnie, we got less ice than predicted thank goodness. still a thin layer is dangerous just melts quicker. I hope to get out Tuesday and mail also. Elayne choose the sew machine so maybe my partner will get the chair pin cushion. or maybe one of the other two I made.....hum .Have fun at the library.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    We are going to get rain any moment. It's getting dark outside, but warm. Then after midnight changing to ice pellets. Tomorrow ice and snow, and maybe some more ice. I see trees going down, no electric etc. Hope I am wrong though. Hope to do some more sewing, but need that electric, and for all to be safe. We need to go soon and pick up some meds, and a few other things, because we won't be able to later.

So glad to have the new people join our family here. Look forward to all the new pretty pictures. Have fun everyone, and be safe with all the weather possibilities.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    The pink pc is so handy, love the other ones posted too, and isn't that bear so cute and fun to make, I made over 50 of those one year, out of casket velvet and a little of embroidery on the leftchest of the bear. adorable.
    keep the pics coming everyone. off to the library for me.
    I only made one bear as it was so small and hard to sew the parts on. I can't imagine making 50. I used to work in a place that made caskets. I was the cutter for the material for them to stitch. My storm is now over. I only had to shovel 2 times but it's 19 out and I just did not feel like going out today. Instead of working on my needlecase I made a wool bird that I stitched by hand. Working with wool is so much easier than fabric but I didn't like the hand stitching.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast