March 2016 Postcard Swap

Old 03-11-2016, 03:32 AM

I received my March postcard from dotcomdtcm yesterday and it is so cute. I love seeing different interpretations of black and white with a splash of red <3
Thanks dotcom for the extra surprise; she sent me the cutest quilt block pattern!!!
Thank you so much! Yours goes in the mail today
Dee[ATTACH=CONFIG]544505[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails march-postcard-148.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 05:58 AM

Omg, Dotty, that is darling. I love how you used the thread as a pop!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:37 AM

Ladies, I would again like to remind you to please keep in touch with your partners. When your partners ask you questions or have intimated that they have mailed off, please respond. If you have not received your postcards in a reasonable amount of time, most intend to start another and remail. If you do not respond, they are left hanging.

From now on, I would like a pm when you mail and receive your postcard. Your partner also deserves this as well. I am no longer going to accept it to be posted here in the postcard thread.

The hard mail date is the 20th of each month. I do realize that sometimes, something may really come up. I want a pm to let me know why you can't mail on time and when you intend to mail!

I am working at a disadvantage right now, and yet, I check in here regularly. And, I Expect you to do the same. I also want to remind you, if you haven't heard from your partner and you've only left a message here, contact her her by pm. It is easy to miss things here in the postcard thread.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:51 AM

Cuppy, your inbox is full. I have tried to pm me. Let me know when I can try to resend.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:07 AM

Ladies, let me also remind you, if you are mailing without an envelope, please make sure your return address is on the postcard as well! I have been putting mine at the top left side before I write my letter to my partner. I always try to write some sort of greeting. (I didn't always put my return address on it. But, I do now.) I have to admit, I like to use 3D elements. And, I put a lot of time into my postcards and prefer them to not be torn up in the postal machines. But, you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable. My opinion on making my postcards is, I enjoy making an art card and making a small connection with my partner. It's just not about getting a card in the mail. (Although, that is a perk. :wink Again, I don't know how you all feel about this swap. Or what your processes are to making a card. It would be nice to hear about how you approach or plan your cards. Do you work from inspiration or design, or both? Sometimes, it is a light bulb moment. Or maybe the fabric just speaks to me. Sometimes, it's my partner. I try to check out your profiles. Sometimes, there is something there. Sometimes not. If there isn't, I try to research your comments to see if I can get some insight or idea on what to create for you. And, if that is still a mystery, I go with inspiration. I try to convey this to my partner. Usually on the back of the postcard.

Hope you Have a creative day.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

Dee that is a very pretty card you received from dotcomdtcm. The background fabric is really cute, and the middle saying and red thread pop of color.

Judith me and Miriam have been in lots of contact. We actually have long conversations. lol...

I am sending out your cards tomorrow Miriam. I have been a little under the weather, but still knew I had time.

My inspiration usually comes as I go through fabrics pertaining to the themes and then I will also browse through images, but in the end usually a theme for my own card just comes to me that I feel comfortable doing. I was looking back the other day at some of my beginning cards and smiled as I thought they were some of the cutest ones.

My card for Miriam is lots of black and white with a pop of color, and a bit glittery and glamour. I made a second card for her mom with lots of tactile things. I really enjoyed making these.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Power Poster

Dotty, love the card, where did you find the keep calm and stitch on label from. so cute!
Old 03-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Just waiting on the paint to dry on next months and i'll be done.
Love seeing what everyone does. I also decorate the back of the card, and that sometimes takes longer to do than the front.
My inspiration comes from the title, then what can I do to make it different, such as a shaker box, or adding another layer with vinyl and paint and such. I love next months theme and may have to drop out due to other obligations. I have to see how quickly I can get things done. and being our wonderful hostess gives us theme 3 months in advance, I can get a lot done in a short time.

Last edited by lynnie; 03-11-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Hi Judith, your postcard came yesterday and I resolved not to open it until I get mine in the mail, probably later this afternoon or tomorrow. Now, have I opened it? NOT YET - because mine is not sent off yet. I thought it wasn't kosher to enjoy your work until mine was done.
Speaking of mine: everything going swimmingly until I decided to bind the border, which ended up out of whack, especially the back. After fixing the back, turned it to the front & what do I see? The front's a bit out of whack too...
& though I thought it was finished, I'm debating adding something else to fix the front, and - as I envision myself "fixing" my new fixes - still might just mail as is. I wish it popped more! Anyway, Winterlude may be Winterdud. I had fun until the fixing part. So you will be getting it next week. And I'll have to look for April's theme...
What started all the fixing was adding a border too late at night. I know better...I thought, how hard can this tiny binding job be after working on my slipcover all day? Answer: easy! to mess up that is.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:55 PM

oh, and I want to say to the other carders here that have posted pics, great job on the beautiful cards!