March 2016 Postcard Swap

Old 03-13-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie
Linny, with a binding, will it go thru the mail without an envelope?
Have always sent in an envelope...sometimes my old machine will go through it all but it usually doesn't do a very good job. I like to seeing them done with a satin stitch though.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:32 PM

Judith you are the hostess and running this swap you do what needs to be done and let us know what we need to do and follow the rules. ( YOU are doing a wonderful job and I love this swap).With being the hostess we will follow around your schedule. That's plain courtesy on our part for you. If we want to be in anyone's swap we follow the hostess's rules. I know mail date isn't till the 20th and so we all shouldn't get twisted up till after that to see if partners mail their cards. Some are fast and others like me are slower and that's okay cause the mail date isn't till the 20th. So hang in there all.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

My cards went out on their journey today.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:50 PM

Thank you, Linny. Sorry I haven't responded before, but things have been hectic here and I haven't been on the Quilt Board. Your postcard is on the machine now and I hope to post it off to you today. I believe post delivery here is approx. two weeks, but our mailing system has gone to putty of late so who knows. We have a P.O. box but street deliveries in town only receive mail two or three times a week now and the cost of postage has been increased heavily as well.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:19 PM

Betty, It's good to hear from you...hope everything is okay with you. I'm sure it will take a bit longer going both ways but that's alright. I'm excited for when it does come. Have a good week!
Old 03-14-2016, 05:12 PM

Greetings all.........And thank you Armylady for the goodies. A gorgeous FPC with beads for the flower centers, and a nice souvenir postcard, in addition and a surprise of a large package so flower seeds. Included in the seeds are purple come flower woot woot. Plus others so thoughtful..........thank you so much.

Judith, again a neat edge to your card and the mini pinwheel is too cute I don't know where you find those little patterns.........Dottys card is clever too, nice red accent.

K-Roll I'm learning too.........I do get intimidated by the skill of others, but everyone here has been supportative and I appreciate that.

I think it needs to be easy for the hostess. She does the paperwork, matches the names, emails the addys, I want her to have fun too. I appreciate her organizing this swap. And I enjoy displaying my cards, and sharing at show and tell with my pals.........

Oh JuneBillie, what is FWS ?

Oops...........Armylady......I hope to mail tomorrow and I forgot to include the iris folding......sheesh.....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 03-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

Armylady that is a real pretty fpc and goodies. I love how you did your pop of color.

Calla it stand for Farmer's Wife Sampler which is a group on here under quilt blocks that work on 2 six inch blocks per week, either paper pieced or by regular templates. Everyone has to have the book and cd that goes along. It has helped me to built my paper piecing skills. They were almost non existent before, and now I have the hang of it, and love it.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:30 PM

Thanks calla, I'm sure having fun challenging myself and wandering through the wonderful world of this board.

armylady, what a great card, love that forsythia yellow. reminds me of my mom's garden in michigan, when the forsythia bloomed and would get dusted with snow.

Paper piecing? Going to look it up. I've been playing with my April design.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Linny
Betty, It's good to hear from you...hope everything is okay with you. I'm sure it will take a bit longer going both ways but that's alright. I'm excited for when it does come. Have a good week!
Linny, I had your postcard stamped at my local Post Office today and I purchased a 500gm International registered bag, I brought your Postcard etc home and I have added to what I am sending you seeing I had the extra weight allowance. Delivery time stated on the bag is 3 to 10 days, so I am hoping they are correct. Your Postcard will definitely be posted tomorrow as I am back in town for appointments.

Everything is okay here. It is just that we live in the fast lane with being self employed. I had to get my husband ready to travel to Darwin last week for meetings and this week he has travelled 800 kms (10 hours driving) to start a contract job at a mine site, drilling water monitoring bores (Pizometer bores). I am travelling the same trip this coming Thursday for my grand daughters debutante ball on Saturday night. I have made her a special hanger for her dress and her brother, my grandson has a birthday on St. Pat's day and I have made him a St. Pats Mug rug. As well as that my 3 year old grandson (different family) had his tonsils out today and I made him a set of small felt animals to help keep him quietly occupied after he comes home from hospital. I made my 1 year old grandson some new feeding bibs and as well I have been helping with the preparation for my Mother's 90th birthday which we will travel to next month. Pictures of these posted here for you to see.
Attached Thumbnails img_1088.jpg   img_1078.jpg   img_1096.jpg   img_1067.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 06:22 AM

Love the felt animals you made. Did you have a pattern for them. I would love to make them for my grandson.
Beautiful stuff and you do stay busy. Love the post cards so far.