March - Boom 18

Old 03-26-2017, 03:58 PM

Jaba and Mona awesome jobs and sooooo quick!!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 04:34 PM

Bootsy hope all your meds knock the flu and sinus infection out quickly.

Sewbiz thanks for for the tips about eating greens. Have never tried turnip greens. Thought I was really brave trying collard greens.

Jaba Myla is such a sweetie and love her smile and your top is terrific, love the medallion and how it ties all the blocks together

Mona great top, love how you made the borders.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Thank you so much for your input. I will try your greens in chicken broth right now I cant eat a thing but that will change. Been drink lots os water and diet ginger ale for a change gets boring just water all the time. I feel kinda light headed must be the (6) steroids lol
Sorry I went all "Mama" on you! I really do swear by those greens for getting over colds quicker. They are great to eat regularly if you are a person who gets sick often.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Sewbiz thanks for for the tips about eating greens. Have never tried turnip greens. Thought I was really brave trying collard greens.
Turnips are similar but a bit more delicate texture and flavor. Collards will boost the immune system too.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Mona, that's a great quilt top! You got some pretty blocks. Love how you used 4 blocks as the cornerstones.

Mine won't be as fast in coming together, because I'm quilting each block before putting them together. I'm trying to decide on a backing fabric now. Might have to go shopping (HORRORS!)

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-26-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:26 PM

Mona and Jaba, wonderful tops already put together! My blocks are still patiently waiting in their envelope for the April group to come in. These rail road tracks running across my belly is decidedly inconvenient!

Last edited by Libster; 03-26-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:49 PM

Tried to work on the hardest part for me....sashing or no sashing...Grandson decided he wanted to help me place the blocks, you can imagine how that turned out! I love the one Jaba and Mona did. Might be 2-3 blocks short for the king size I want it to be but think I only have enough left over fabric for 2 more... Wish sashing came easy for me!!
Great job everyone..thanks for ALL the blocks.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 AM

Feel free to go "MAMA" on me any time as i lost my mother when I was only 42 and she was 62 dam cigarettes will do it every time. I take it you are trying to help me and nothing could be nicer than that. I will try you suggestion as soon as I can get the greens hopefully that will help.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Feel free to go "MAMA" on me any time as i lost my mother when I was only 42 and she was 62 dam cigarettes will do it every time. I take it you are trying to help me and nothing could be nicer than that. I will try you suggestion as soon as I can get the greens hopefully that will help.
I'm sorry you lost your mom so young, bootsy. I lost mine when she was only 66-- also way too young. My mom had a lifetime of health issues.

Hope you are starting to feel better soon.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:32 AM

Awww! Darling baby pic! Beautifu quilt top, too. You waste no time, do you? When you get it done, post it and I'll add it to the others.
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Hope you both get feeling better soon, just follow those doctor's orders. I got the top put together and it's packed and ready to go to Wyoming so I can quilt it. I have a few of them to do when we get back home [ATTACH=CONFIG]570394[/ATTACH]Yesterday we spent the day at the beach with this little one. Myla is like a little fish, she loves the water[ATTACH=CONFIG]570395[/ATTACH]
Old 03-27-2017, 05:35 AM

My gosh! We should have called THIS group, the overachievers! Beautiful quilt top, Mona! I knew the orange and purple would be pretty but this is even better than I could have imagined. Love your borders with the blocks in the corners. Wow.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
I hope everyone recovers from their surgeries and illness soon. Jaba your quilt turned out great.

Here is my boom 18 quilt top, ready to go to the long arm quilter the next time I run out to her house.