March - Boom 18

Old 03-16-2017, 09:47 AM

Got my tracking info too. Can't wait to get those beautiful "Sara" blocks in my hands and start on them. Since I'm doing the QAYG way, I can get this batch done before the April batch comes in. I'm so excited. Sara is moving into her first house, so this will be very special to her. Thank you, Ladies, for all the time , thought and work that you put into her blocks. Janice and Y'all are the bestest!
Old 03-16-2017, 10:04 AM

Got my tracking # today. Cant wait to get these blocks..As far as requesting a certain color like "green" there are so many kinds of green that its hard to get them all exactly what the owner might want. I personally might ask for a specific request but if I get something a little different Ill be more than glad to accept it and use it!! I gave my grandson Conner his "fish" quilt yesterday and he loved it!! He laughed at the block that said "Shouldn't fishermen be called hookers" and LOVED his name on it..I think they think they are getting too many quilts! LOL
Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 AM

And they're off!!!! Next stop, your homes, most by Saturday!!!

Hope you'll keep commenting on the request vs requirement concerning colors. While I'll make the executive decision before the next boom, I do not consider this only MY swap. I consider it YOURS also.

Also, I'm out probably until the end of the weekend. I'm glad I got things done early as I'm coming down with some creeping crud, for the second time in a month. It's been a hard couple of weeks for several reasons and it's catching up to me. I think this is my body saying I've had enough. My head seconds that with a nasty little headache.

Later, Marchers!
Old 03-16-2017, 03:54 PM

Confirmation of package on its way. Daughter will be excited for sure. Thank you all for such nice blocks.
As for the quandry of color/fabric requests, I know that I really try to get what is asked for on the block. As stated above, our color of "green" may be different than what is expected, but we do green. That goes with tones of fabric as well. My preference would be to still make the "request", but not requirement. This last boom, I did not get my note clear and correct, that is my fault, but showed daughter the blocks and she thought they were cool. So there is always a good outcome in the quilt. This is a swap, it is for fun and enjoyment of playing with lots of different fabrics that you may not get yourself.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 PM

I'll weigh in on the quandry too. I too would like to keep it request as opposed to "requirement". I think everyone tries to meet the requests and when they don't it is a simple oversight or mistake, and I would hate to see someone excluded b/c of a simple mistake or misunderstanding. I know the time I didn't follow w/ Jaba's fabric a swap or two back I miss understood assuming white and wow were interchangable. I view the boom as fun. When I choose a fabric and an idea, I know it isn't going to be perfectly co-ordinated in color or style and that is what makes these sets special. I could make 20 different blocks w/ my own fabric and get something much more traditionally "tied together", but that isn't what a friendship swap is about.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:24 PM

I am so excited to receive my blocks. This is my second swap and it is once again a lot of fun. I myself try to follow the request as close as possible to the instructions sent, but as mentioned in an earlier post, colors come in many different shades. What I might think matches, might not be what the sender had in mind. I would hope that we consider the request as what they are "request". I am surly not going to be upset if someone does not follow my request.

I do want to say that this Boom is the most fun I have had with a swap. The Host makes it successful and the swappers make it fun. Thank you Janice for once again making this swap a great one. You make us want to come back again and again. Thank you to all the swappers for the great fabric choices that make us want to create beautiful blocks for you and for all the great times spent swapping stories and photos with you. You are a great bunch of ladies. My heart "fills" with all the new friends I have gained thru this swap.

Looking forward to the next Boom.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:18 AM

"I know the time I didn't follow w/ Jaba's fabric a swap or two back I miss understood assuming white and wow were interchangable."

I did the same thing, Kass. I would really like to keep it to "requests" also. I think we all know that someone else's idea of "shade" and/or "matches" may not be exactly what ours would be. Personally, I've never had a block that I just could not use because of colors used in it. I think maybe the key is that we all make our "Request Sheet" included with out F8s be as clear as possible as to what our vision of our quilt will be. Sometimes, clues or requests stated in on-line messages are missed or forgotten. If we want one color ONLY added to our fabric, say so. If there's a color that you hate and do NOT want it included, say so. If we all state very plainly what our expectations are, I think everyone tries very hard to achieve that when they make our blocks for us. That "Request Sheet" is absolutely what I try to go by when your fabric is in front of me. Personally, as long as my blocks are close to 12 1/2 inches square, I'm a happy girl.
Bring on Boom 19!
Old 03-17-2017, 07:46 AM

I agree also, keep as a request, as we all try to do our best to follow. When I'm not sure I will pm the swapper to get feed back, usually sending a photo of the fabric I have in mind to use just to double check.

I've been doing scrappy quilts for a while since I am trying to use up my stash of fabrics. there are times when I think that colors don't go well together in a block but when it is part of the full quilt it all seems to work out.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:32 AM

I agree with the request also. That's the 1st thing I do when I open the baggy is read and then read it again. If I don't have it I have gone and bought a F4, if I am not sure I understand then I have sent a pm to the owner. I would rather that the size be adhered to.
This is the medallion that I made for the center with all your blocks around it. Just looking at the blocks I think it will work, guess I'll know tomorrow[ATTACH=CONFIG]569987[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3409.jpg  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 PM

Oh, Jaba,so pretty! You're going to have a fabulous quilt.