Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-22-2015, 06:24 PM

I am almost finished with Ladybugs mug rug. Friday night I spent the night and next day with my grandkids. Wasn't feeling the best and woke up today with a full blown virus or cold. Pretty much slept all day. Dd said oh no are my kids going to get sick? Said for as many times they have shared their ailments with me if they did get sick from me it would be a first? Really glad this caught up with me this week and not last with the fresh stitches in my nose. Ouch
Old 03-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Patches, we'll miss you. get your outdoor stuff done so when it gets hot, you can come back and play with us. I'd love to see some real life plants growing we still have snow.

did Brat do the next sign up? I can't find it.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:51 PM

Did theme get posted? haven't seen anything
Old 03-23-2015, 04:43 AM

Lynnie you cant find it because I was so worn out I didn't get it posted yesterday but will do it as soon as I am finished with this little note. I hope all of you are staying well. I am so sorry to hear of your getting sick terriamn. I am positive they brought it to you and will get it today .. kids are amazing little germ carriers. that and the grocery carts we push around at the market. every illness out there is on those handles of the carts. how many kids sit in the top basket and hold on to the area you will hold next time your out? my doc said it was the number one germ spreading place for germs. no kidding! praying you get well soon. this spring cold is horrid. crossing fingers for you girl.

Patchesnposies. come back! don't leave us! we need you! your awesome! one little mug rug is all you need for this one! its so simple! so quick! darn we will miss you but understand. that gardening bug hits and darned .. the need to get planting hits. I miss it but here you have to wait til the last snow falls and everyone says it will fall on Easter no Easter here without snow so oh joy I can hardly wait! yeah! (oh groan!). I hope after you get things planted you come back to us. We will truly miss you and your beautiful art work. this months theme is so easy too.. shoot! ok off to post the sign ups!
Old 03-23-2015, 10:21 AM

As promised here is the picture of the cheerful mug rug I received from psychomomquilter.
Thank you for being my swap partner. AND thanks for taking pictures as I forgot. The picture she posted is actually the BACK of the mug rug I sent her. Our theme destination was Gardening.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514576[/ATTACH]
I do have to say that, while I appreciate the need to address the batting/binding issues, it seems to me there is PLENTY of complaining being done. However, I could be wrong.

I joined this swap and board because I thought it would be a ton of fun and a huge learning tool being a quilting NEWBIE. I have learned a lot and I know I have a long way to go since this doesn't come natural to me. Many of you gals have been my inspiration and have private messaged me. My skills are that, I believe, of someone who doesn't do this everyday, all day long and yet you still let me play. Can't we all agree that we are here for the fellowship, fun and oh don't forget a few GIFTS from partners we would never have met if it hadn't been for these swaps or the Quilting Board.

I am truly thankful for being here and EVERY mug rug for swap item I receive because I believe it came from someone's heart not just an assignment that they had to do. But something they wanted to do at their given skill level.

I hate that we all can' be Good Eggs and I truly wish Elisabrat didn't have to address complaints and could just enjoy the swaps she has put together for us to have fun with.

OK-Sorry for the Ramblings-but I'm trying to live in a world where we all play nice.
Attached Thumbnails img_4547.jpg  
Old 03-23-2015, 10:57 AM

SheriR~, I love your rug mug you received.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

Dorothy, cute garden theme. love the buttons
Old 03-23-2015, 11:21 AM

I have lots of great news to share. Finished Ladybugs mug rug, nasty cold and all. Has the stitches removed from my nose today, way more comfortable now and best of all for me is the last biopsy came back on my eye lid and it's benign. No more slicing and dicing on me for another 6 months. Stitches in back don't come out for a week but I barely even notice they are there and doc said I could have dh remove them so really done with doctors for awhile
Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
As promised here is the picture of the cheerful mug rug I received from psychomomquilter.
Thank you for being my swap partner. AND thanks for taking pictures as I forgot. The picture she posted is actually the BACK of the mug rug I sent her. Our theme destination was Gardening.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514576[/ATTACH]
I do have to say that, while I appreciate the need to address the batting/binding issues, it seems to me there is PLENTY of complaining being done. However, I could be wrong.

I joined this swap and board because I thought it would be a ton of fun and a huge learning tool being a quilting NEWBIE. I have learned a lot and I know I have a long way to go since this doesn't come natural to me. Many of you gals have been my inspiration and have private messaged me. My skills are that, I believe, of someone who doesn't do this everyday, all day long and yet you still let me play. Can't we all agree that we are here for the fellowship, fun and oh don't forget a few GIFTS from partners we would never have met if it hadn't been for these swaps or the Quilting Board.

I am truly thankful for being here and EVERY mug rug for swap item I receive because I believe it came from someone's heart not just an assignment that they had to do. But something they wanted to do at their given skill level.

I hate that we all can' be Good Eggs and I truly wish Elisabrat didn't have to address complaints and could just enjoy the swaps she has put together for us to have fun with.

OK-Sorry for the Ramblings-but I'm trying to live in a world where we all play nice.
Dorothy, First of all, I have to say I love your cheerful little mug rug. Is that Holly Hobby in the body of it? My sweet little 9 year old would adore that! She should have been born in the 70's! LOL

I agree that this swap and ALL of the swaps I have been in have been educational! My DH says it is like I took a college course (he is a professor....he thinks in these terms! lol) I have learned so, so, very much from all of the ladies whose skill level is way beyond mine. If they can't teach me, they point me to where I can learn, encouraging all the way!

I have been touched by so many ladies who were gracious with my faltering attempts to create my little masterpieces. Your kindness gave me the confidence to persevere and I have seen my skills grow! Thank you.

I do have to say, that there are times that I have had to stuff a little extra fluff into a pin cushion or adjust/fix an errant seam on a mug rug so that it will hold up. I don't complain I just do it. Unless the person who sent it somehow demonstrates a total disregard for the end result of their effort I just figure they are doing their very best.

I was once that big hearted but limited in skills (and $$) person who wanted to join in the fun. I am STILL insecure about what I make/send. I really have hard time believing that anyone would purpose to do a bad job in a swap.

Maybe we need to be brave enough to reach out in kindness to our swapper and help them if we feel that they could use it. Or, just let it go.

I have health issues that I have to manage really carefully in order to be the mom (and WIFE) I want to be for my family. So when someone posts that they are sick (I know many have shared that they, too, have health issues) my heart goes out to them.

Dorothy, my DH worries because I too think we should be able to live in a world of kindness. I don't think it is too much to ask for.

It has been a long, difficult winter. I'll bet we'll all shake off the gollywobbles and have a whole new outlook once the sun shines in earnest!

Big Hugs to Everyone! Off to finish my mug rug and get it into the mail! Before I get in trouble.....LOL

Last edited by Patchesnposies; 03-23-2015 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I have lots of great news to share. Finished Ladybugs mug rug, nasty cold and all. Has the stitches removed from my nose today, way more comfortable now and best of all for me is the last biopsy came back on my eye lid and it's benign. No more slicing and dicing on me for another 6 months. Stitches in back don't come out for a week but I barely even notice they are there and doc said I could have dh remove them so really done with doctors for awhile
Terri! I am so glad to hear you are on the mend and that it was benign! Hooray! Hope you are comfortable and not in any pain! Glad you are feeling better, too!