March POM Swap

Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM

I'm so excited to see what everyone came up with for their basket. Mailed mine yesterday after I finally found a box. Kiffee got your mini in the mail to you too. Pics should be coming soon!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

Kiffie, yup, that's the one. Thanks Jeanne posted for me again.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:09 AM

Bilben...no worries! Just finished my month's projects early and mailed them off to clear my desk for the rest of the month. Happy to see my basket whenever!
Old 03-04-2016, 10:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
I have mine finished, mailing it out Monday. What I made is not foldable to be flat, but luckily I had a box that it fits in quite nicely.
I've got my mini quilt done for that swap except for binding. Plan to get it finished and on its way to Jaba when I mail my basket to its new home on Monday.

Then all I have to mail out are my batik fqs for this month's swap. As soon as it's time for names, those will go too.

JuneBillie,
I have that same book, haven't started it yet as I made a deal with myself to finish some of these kazillion ufos I have. It's been hard, but so far I'm getting a few of them done. Maybe you and I can do them together do to speak?? It would give me much needed "oomph" not to procrastinate...lol

Lynnie, if your basket is the one posted over in the pic section, the embroidery detail on it is lovely!

Regards all,
Kif

Kiffie that is great that you have the book too. I don't blame you for getting some of your other projects done. You do such nice work. I am sure your basket will be so pretty. I will be finishing mine this weekend along with my mug rug and 2 fabric post cards. I started today on my first 30's block, and I have the first section A done of the block. I am waiting to check if I have my colors in correct order. I am going to have to download the errata page for the book.

Yes lynnie and everyone, I can't wait to see everyone's baskets they have made or are working on. Spring coming is such a pretty time of year. I have been seeing the "Easter Lilies" as we call them. When I see the first one of those, I can almost hear "spring! spring!" as if the ground is announcing itself to us. lol...
Old 03-04-2016, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

We had some of our easter lilys (jonquils) come up and bloom already also. I seen today the forsythia has 2 yellow blooms on it too.Have a good weekend everyone. Anyone on the mystery train ride tomorrow is clue 2.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

I was just on kreations by Kara emb designs. Sunday is a 65% off one day only!!!
a lot of the designs will be nice on a basket,,,just saying.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
We had some of our easter lilys (jonquils) come up and bloom already also. I seen today the forsythia has 2 yellow blooms on it too.Have a good weekend everyone. Anyone on the mystery train ride tomorrow is clue 2.
I bet they're lovely! This has been a rough winter for this old-ish gal. I'm so ready for warmer weather. And I'll need to remind myself of this when it's 100+ degrees here and I'm wanting to whine...lol.
Regards,
Kif
Old 03-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie I know what you mean. I really want warmer weather to get here, but I don't like when bad storms pop up. I will complain too when summer gets here, but normally we don't have it get to 100.

When I went for the first time with my husband to Houston TX. in the summer I thought I was going to die with the hot weather. I could not believe one night when it showed about 97 degrees. Here in TN. even when we have hot days it cools off at night. At night hot would be 70. lol...I kept eating snow cones. lol...

Then we went into Mexico, because I was determined to go there. lol.... That has been several years ago now. His mom wanted us to bring her back a big bottle of vanilla, and due to that we got stopped at customs. (that is a whole scary story).

Kiffie when you get ready to work on the blocks I am ready for you. I have my first one done. I am hooked now on paper piecing, and this group has helped so much.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

I guess my PO lied again. My basket wasn't delivered today, so I guess on MOnday it will get there.
Have a great weekend all!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:16 PM

Finished my basket tonight now to figure out a mailing option. Hope to mail tomorrow.