Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Sign-ups! Closes March 2 at midnight. >

March Secret Pal Sign-ups! Closes March 2 at midnight.

March Secret Pal Sign-ups! Closes March 2 at midnight.

Old 02-28-2024, 11:44 AM

Default March Secret Pal Sign-ups! Closes March 2 at midnight.

Welcome to our March Monthly Secret Pal Swap! We're thrilled to have you join this exciting and creative exchange. Each month brings a new opportunity to connect with fellow participants and spread some joy. Here are the key details to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience:

How It Works:
· This is a monthly swap where you can sign up each month based on your availability and interest.
· Every month, you'll be paired with a different partner, enhancing the element of surprise and fun.
· Please commit to participating only if you're confident you can fulfill your obligation. Failure to send a package after signing up may result in a ban from future swaps.

Sending Your Package:
·Mail Package by February 18.
After receiving your Secret Pal's details, let your creativity shine! As you put together a package, consider what your pal might enjoy within the $20.00 limit (excluding shipping costs and stuff from your stash).

· Feel free to include items from your stash, as many participants appreciate like-new stash items.
· To maintain the spirit of the swap, avoid sending items that are worn, damaged, or unfit for use.
· Once your package is ready to go, be sure to privately message Hav4boys to notify them about your mailing plans. This helps them keep track of the process.

International Shipping:
· For international mailings, it's crucial to mail by the 10th to ensure timely delivery.
· When sending internationally, mark your parcel as a 'Gift' on the Customs Declaration, with a value of $10. This can help avoid unnecessary import charges for the recipient.

Communication:
· Maintain open communication by sending a private message to your Secret Pal when you receive their package. Expressing gratitude is an important part of the swap and lets your pal know their efforts are appreciated.
· Feel free to take pictures of your received items and share them in the group. It's always delightful to see the creativity and thoughtfulness that goes into each package.

Sign-Up:
· Please fill out the provided questionnaire and send your info via Private Message to Hav4boys by midnight on March 2.
We're excited to see the connections and surprises that unfold through this Secret Pal Swap. Let's make this an enjoyable experience for everyone involved!
Screen Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:
Birthday (month and date)
Favorite Color(s):
Least favorite color(s):
The fabric type/color I am looking for?
Brand of sewing machine?
How long have you been sewing/quilting?
Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
Socks/Slippers/T-Shirts and what sizes?
Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
Magazine or patterns?
Quilting Notions?
Besides quilting what do you like to do?
Do you like to read and if so what type?
Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
Do you have pets, if so what kind?
Do you collect anything, if so, what?
What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you.(Please fill this section out, it helps your SP buy for you.)
Only for host:

Can you mail international?
Email address:
Phone number:

Sign-Up Deadline:
· The sign-up period for this month's swap will close on March2 at midnight PST. Make sure to get your information in before then if you'd like to participate.
Partner Assignments:
· You can look forward to receiving your Secret Pal's details by March 3 at the latest. This will give you time to plan and put together a thoughtful package.
Package Tracking and Communication:
· It's important that everyone has a positive experience, so if your pal doesn't receive their package within a reasonable time, please provide tracking information to Hav4boys.
· If there's a special circumstance regarding your mailing, don't hesitate to inform me as soon as possible. Keeping open communication helps ensure everything runs smoothly.

Let the Creativity Flow:
· Remember, this swap is all about spreading joy and creativity. Put some thought into the items you choose for your Secret Pal within the $20.00 limit (excluding shipping and stash items).

· Be as creative as you can be while keeping in mind your pal's preferences.

We hope you have a wonderful time participating in this Secret Pal Swap! Your enthusiasm and effort contribute to making this a fun and engaging experience for all.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:50 AM

Thought I would join you all this month, Info sent.
Old 03-08-2024, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

I am waiting on one of my secret pal's requested items. I hope she is having a good month.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:12 PM

Getting my pals package all ready.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:38 PM

Default nearly ready

I'm putting the final touches on my package as well. Hopefully I'll get it in the mail tomorrow...
Old 03-18-2024, 02:19 PM

Smile March Secret Pal

One of the March Pal's will be getting a package from me soon!

How is the weather "Secret Pals"? We've had some beautiful 80+ degree weather for the past two weeks, although it is to dip down to 50 tonight. We celebrated St. Patrick's day with Corned Beef and Cabbage cooked outside on the patio.

Some of you knew that we were expecting twin Great Grandchildren in February. Happy to announce that Halson only spent 1 week in the NICU and she joined her brother Tripp at home with Mommy and Daddy. Babies and Mommy are doing well - just getting adjusted to a new schedule and routine!

I'll be taking April off from Secret Pal sign-ups. My Daughter is having a second back surgery, so I've volunteered to travel to Ohio to help her with her recovery. Of course, I'll be able to cuddle with those littles while I'm in town! I'll need to pack some of my warm clothes!

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy Easter!

I'll be heading to the Post Office in the morning.
Old 03-19-2024, 07:03 PM

Secret pal your package is on the way, I hope you enjoy it.
Old 03-20-2024, 07:35 AM

Brenda W....glad to read Halston is now home with the rest of the family!

Our weather in North Carolina has not been very spring like this week. In fact, Mother Nature said clearly yesterday that it's not the first day of Spring with freezing temperatures overnight. For today, the first full day of Spring, the high will only be about 68 F. However, my car is starting to get that yellow tint from all the pollen...more to come I'm sure!!

I sent my package out yesterday. It should arrive on someone's doorstep Saturday!

Happy Sewing All!
Old 03-20-2024, 10:14 AM
Power Poster

My wonderful swap partner, I am running late. Something did not work all the way and I just ordered something else. It says it should be in tomorrow. My sincere apologies. I do hope I found several items you like.
Old 03-20-2024, 11:06 AM

To my secret pal - I too am on the slow move this month. Your package will go out on Friday. Between a new pup, crazy work, and being dead tired, I want to make something for you before I mail.