Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Blog Entries
    I have to stop reading these posts from last to where-I -left- off yesterday. It is very confusing and I kept looking for quilt made from plastic, liver, paper towels and rocks!

K, she looks "Sweedishy" and aloof, can you tart her up a little? LOL!

Love that St Patty's table runner...
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

Blog Entries
    Tart her up? ROfl!!!

Call her Shirley.
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Count me in on the swap for march
    Quilt outside of the box!

Count me in will send the questionaire once Im home to access my laptop.
    Quilt outside of the box!

Blog Entries
    Tart her up??? I'm using her to sell mantillas and aprons!!! Plus after we were having fun with her, the eyelashes on one eye are coming loose.
    Here she is un-Swedish .. but, how about Inga?

Name:  DSCI0050.JPG
Views: 126
Size:  27.5 KB
    Name:  DSCI0051.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  30.7 KB
    Name:  DSCI0049.JPG
Views: 133
Size:  49.8 KB
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Power Poster
    Krystyna looks like you are having lots of fun with what's her name.

PM sent...
    Brenda

grandma peg ~ love the table runner!
    Brenda

I am in again, sent my PM.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Name her Liver Rock. LOL
    clsurz

Power Poster
    Good one clsurz.

Quote Originally Posted by clsurz View Post
    Name her Liver Rock. LOL
    Brilliant!

All joking aside, we actually had a mannequin stand for a local council election last year! She was named 'Helena Torry', Torry being the name of the ward she was standing for... It raised a bit of a stooshie with some of the other parties and the woman who entered her was prosecuted, but luckily got off with it. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Who knows - Miss Liver Rock could be in line for great things!
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    I go along with either HOPE or maybe FAITH, as it has taken alot of both to get you back up on your feet with your business... She's pretty like the blond wig, never was into dark hair... LOL Am finally feeling among the living have been oh so sick for the past 4 weeks... Just trying to catch up.. Not sure I will get into the swap or not... Players don't seem to read your wants and dsilsikes on your paper.. and just throw things in a box or envelope and send it off... Please be thoughtful people and read what people write, it's not just me it's a few others who have felt like why send in a form when no one reads it... JMHO>>>> Not trying to hurt anyone just wake some of us up... Myself included.... Get off my soap box now... See what happens when I get to feeling a wee bit better....
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Players don't seem to read your wants and dislikes on your paper.. and just throw things in a box or envelope and send it off... Please be thoughtful people and read what people write, it's not just me it's a few others who have felt like why send in a form when no one reads it... JMHO>>>> Not trying to hurt anyone just wake some of us up
    You're not alone Rosemary, I stopped playing for awhile for this reason. Now I pick and choose my swaps and hope for the best.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
    Players don't seem to read your wants and dsilsikes on your paper.. and just throw things in a box or envelope and send it off... Please be thoughtful people and read what people write, it's not just me it's a few others who have felt like why send in a form when no one reads it... JMHO>>>> Not trying to hurt anyone just wake some of us up... Myself included.... Get off my soap box now... See what happens when I get to feeling a wee bit better....
    Spare a thought for those of us who simply can't fulfil the wishes of others, much as we'd like to. I don't think it's a case of not reading forms. There's only one LQS here and often I've never heard of, far less seen some of the things asked for. I would have to order from the US and as I like to get my parcels out well before the 10th deadline it is simply not possible. $10 would just about buy 2FQs here, so I rely heavily on Scottish souvenirs, cookbooks, ribbon and handmade items etc. Because fabric is so expensive, I don't have a large stash. It is the thought that counts, right?
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Knitette~I don't think the examples that you're giving is what Ladybug means...she is talking more about likes and dislikes...if you say that you don't like orange fabric and someone sends you orange fabric, or you don't have an embroidery machine and someone sends you the thread to use on one...it's not about expecting something expensive or expecting to receive your most wanted item...
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Yep. That's exactly what she meant. But my own two cents - sometimes we are all so busy and some of us have gotten into the habit of skim-reading things and I think that happened to a package I once received. I actually received everything I listed as NOT liking! Had to laugh. But times change and tastes change and I used it all up!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Okay I have been pondering this along the last few days. But I know I missed doing this months due to my SO hospital stay & all the appointments since then. I really could have used a nice little pick me up as it had been a rough month. So I'm in for this month. Even if all I get is someones scraps that would just get tossed....LOL. I'll be learning some paper piecing here soon. So I'm off to send my questionairre to Ms. Lori.

toodles for now,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Blog Entries
    Am so looking forward to MARCH!!! It's my favorite month, not only because I was born in March but here in the midwest (Iowa at least) this is when the grass starts coming up green and the flowers are coming up and you can look forward to warmer weather! So this is will a great swap with everyone reading the information forms I send them and sending the person what they have marked down as what their favorite is not what their least favorite is. People will mail BEFORE the deadline and everyone will get their package before the 22nd of March!!!

To all the people who have been so sick lately, let me tell you it will end. I finally feel normal (well for me anyway) again after almost 3 months of not feeling good to sick to deathly sick to hospital to finally recovered! Have faith, hey sounds like a great name for a manniquin. Remember tomorrow at 4 is last chance to signup, so far I think we have about 70.

Maybe we could come up with a new question for our dear Lori to add such as the three most wanted items.
    and remove the one the says anything you would not want to receive.
    sometimes this could be misread.

What are your three of your most wanted items, that cost less than $5.00? I don't know just a thought guys.
    mine is easy. 1. BUTTONS
    2. Grey Thread
    3. More Buttons.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Lori so happy you are feeling yourself again, it's been a long Winter. Thankfully I have not gotten the flu but I stay in for the most part away from all the germs. But, with that being said turns out I need shoulder surgery within the next few months and I am not happy about that.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

She looks like Britney Spears...

Quote Originally Posted by wanda lou View Post
    remove the one the says anything you would not want to receive
    I think this one needs to stay....JMO tho.
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Last month was my first time to swap and I really didn't know what to expect or pack. I do think that the question "what we would not want" should stay. For other questions, I do like the idea of giving choices. Something like "of the three choices which would you rather find in your package?" Of course, my grandmother always told me "beggars can't be chooser" but you can only have so many seam rippers. Just my thoughts.

Blog Entries
    I 'm sorry if I offended someone, I have received a package from overseas and although it was not as big as some we have seen on the board, each item was picked with me in mind, you could tell the person really cared what she sent...
    Gail and I were going to drop out this month but after writing my little note I am hoping that all the new as well as seasoned players take the time to read and reread the list that is sent to you... It's not how much you put in a package and as far as stash goes, some people have prettier fabric in theirs then I do.. The rules read $10 limit and
    I would hope anyone would buy something from Joann's or a quilt shop,, needles the sewing machine are always needed a 45 mm blade is needed..and then add from their stash..... Again sorry to offend anyone...
    Rosemary

Hearing happens when the ears and the brain team up, but listening happens with the ears of the heart.

I collect Angels and homemade ornaments

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast