Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-16-2013, 06:42 PM

Sharon Ann congrats on the 25 pds lost! That's awesome! Glad you're doing better!
Great pkgs everyone!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Hi All - I got a real surprise today, when I got a second package! I got a lovely package from Maggie with a bunch of lovely stuff, and a TRI RECS TOOL!!! Very very happy. Got hold of Lori and I had a second partner I hadn't gotten the information for - so if you haven't had any clues that you think might be you, that might be why. I will get a package out to you this week. 1) you have kitties 2) you like red 3) you live east of me!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:10 PM

I received a marvelous package from Lauriejo today. First off let me pay tribute to her for the idea of asking for something local. Last year Lauriejo mentioned that she likes to ask for that, and liking the idea I started to do that too and have received some wonderful things and learned about friends areas because of this idea. That was a gift from Laurie before she ever had me as a sp. She read the info Lori sent and did some board snooping. Anyway she sent me a lapel pin(one of the things I collect) from Firestone where her father worked, and it has a set of rings at the bottom like the olympic rings (priceless to me), she pinned it to one of the Jinny Beyer fqs so it wouldn't get lost, fabric is beautiful, a little spiral notebook, a June Taylor pattern for a patch purse that includes the ruler, a mystery book by Jennie Bentley (new to me author) that looks very interesting with a home renovation twist-which might prove useful in that our home is 100 years old and is always needing something to be done; some extras-a tape measure, a seam ripper, a pack of replacement blades for rotary cutter, an octagon acrylic template, washable glue stick, 3 different hot chocolate packs, a dark chocolate Cadbury bar, a visitors guide for her area-and since we are both in Ohio there is a strong likelihood that I'll be in the area somethime, a lovely note. If I left anything out forgive me. Thank You!
xing fingers for pic upload...
Attached Thumbnails 3-13-sp-swap-1.jpg   3-13-sp-swap-2.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013, 08:13 PM

now I'm going to have one of the Hot chocolates with whipped cream before finding my pillow. More prayers tonight for all those in need of them, and a special one for you Lauriejo for whatever you need.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I haven't been on much and so am trying to catch up during my lunch break and will try to do more tonight. Since I'm posting on pg 59 I won't be able to "last read" tool tonight-so this is my memo lol.

I gave my DH the opportunity to mail my package today-it is going to someone who did not list some kind of Chocolate as their favorite candy.

And now my comments so far(sorry if ? have already been asked/answered):
Knitette the Alphabet pins look nice, are they hand made or available somewhere?
Krystyna you are so lucky to have a sewing monkey Tech. support. Dare I quote someone from several months ago-or maybe a year ago-"put your big girl pants on" and learn to work your equipment.
Lstew2212 When is the Pitts. Expo in Aug. or is there a link with info
hav4boys-I see 2 fabricis in your package that are in my stash-I love the brownish floral, when I saw it at the quilt store years ago I bought at least a yd if not 2 knowing I would use it some time, & did use some in a quilt I started for me but it is still a ufo at the present. And Sun. Sue. is on my bucket list of quilts-is that the right term for the quilts in my head that I hope to do?
dabbler don't know what you did regarding the package but my vote-even though we like pic. only open it and redo if it is what you want to do and it won't stress you out-swap is for fun.
grandma peg Thanks for showing your table runner here, I think yours is even cuter than the pic. in the magazine. I think your future DIL will enjoy it.

Ok past my time I'll be back tonight I hope.
The dates are Aug 22,23,&24. I loved every minute of the expo, classes, talks and shows. Lots and lots of booths of all kinds. I was in sewing heaven. If you click www.sewingexpo.com you should get the web site.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 AM

This is the first time I have been on the computer for 3 days, I have been very "busy" with a stomache bug of some sort. I wanted to post my thanks to Nikki128 for the beautiful package she sent.There were 2 magazines, a quilter's novel, labels, patterns, a marking pen, some lovely fabric , post its for my purse, delicious looking chocolate eggs which I haven't ventered to try as yet. She also made me 4 shamrock wine glass coasters. I hope I can try one out tonight, invited a friend over if that happens. This is not my usual way of celebrating this holiday.
My special St. Patrick's day was the one I spent in Ireland. Thanks again, Nikki, and a "Happy Day' to all of you.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:40 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
Old 03-17-2013, 12:18 PM

Happy St Patrick's Day!!

Spent all day yesterday with my mom and DD. We went prom dress shopping. Wow! I don't remember that being so difficult!! Didn't come home with anything other than a headache. We did have fun though! This morning, after church, I had company from New York arrive unexpectedly. Love to see my cousin and his wife, glad that they stay at the "old home place" and not here. Not enough room. They will be around until Friday. His wife is an artist. She came to give a lecture at one of the universities and she is working on a gala in the near future.

I received an awesome package from Gail, aka sweetwaterquilter. In it was fat quarters and fat eighths in blues and reds (and one yellow) for both 30's and Civil War fabric, Christmas fabric (I love Santa!), tissue holder for my purse, cream cotton quilting thread, crossstitiched tea towel in red with 30's fabric accents, little shopping tote for my purse, sewology labels, Grandma's Quilting Bee book, and Let's make Bow Ties and Spools of thread book. Oh, almost forgot the Resses's Pieces. I can't wait to start playing with it all.
Thank You!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402365[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]402371[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fats.jpg   march-sp.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 04:12 PM

I have a question, does anyone here knows how to make a coffee mug sleeve? i received one a while back in an SP pkg (sorry don't remember who it was) and would love to learn. I serched it on the web but not free tutorials. I tried to do one using a cardboard mug sleeve in which I traced and added 1/4 ". Needless to say it was too short and not what i hoped for. I'm askingmy qb friends here in the swap since I would love to make one for my sp. Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:35 PM

Happy Birthday ssnare. Hope you're having a wonderful day!!!