Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm >

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

March Secret Pal Swap Sign Up closes Feb 29th 4pm

Old 03-20-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Good luck Diana.you will be missed. Mary
We will miss you while your away and wish you the best!!! Just hurry back!!!! Sue
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Diana, hope your share of bad luck is over for a while, sometimes it really does seem to come in streams.

Just to tell y'all I got a magnificent package from tumrub which has a lot of wonderful hand made items in it, including a cute little jar with a hot dog pin cushion on top, filled with pins, a small reel tape measure, a package of twizzlers we are working our way thru, a set of criss cross coasters, another cute little case that has papers on both sides, also holding tissues, a cool package of 32 5 x 5" squares bright colors, 3 pieces of deep pink fabric and one of turquiose, a very handy looking machine needle orgaqnizer, some tea bags, a cute pack of recipe cards and last but not least a package of treats for Ray. If I can get the energy, I'll try to post a picture, but just wanted to rave over what a nice package I got..thanks again...
Old 03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Swap Hosts

I have a hypothetical question for my quilting buddies.
IF one had three lovely prints that are in coordinating colors and one of them is stripes ... what would you do with them?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
IF one had three lovely prints that are in coordinating colors and one of them is stripes ... what would you do with them?
Depends on how much of each-I LOVE a stripe for the bottom part of a Bow Tuck purse and the trim on the front pocket, or the sides of the "Shelly" bag by Sewphistocats. Both also need 2 coordinating fabrics. I try to steer clear of stripes in quilts, though I have seen some used cleverly.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Krystyna depending on the stripes and which way they are going and what the other two prints are I would be inclined to put the print in the middle, or put it on another wall in that room...

Depends if it's material or a panel type thing or pictures for on the wall..

Last edited by Ladybug 1938; 03-20-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: needed clairification
Old 03-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Swap Hosts

OK. MAYBE one print is stripes, one print is butterflies or flowers or ladybugs, and print number three is random dots or maybe swirls ... what kind of BLOCK would you make for a relatively small quilt. That is hypothetically if you had such fabrics which I'm not saying I do.

Or MAYBE if anyone on the face of the earth had such fabric on hand MAYBE she would forget the whole quilt thing and make a swell bag.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM

Thank you all and your right..this too shall pass..lets just hope nothing comes in its wake though ..I told my oldest daughter I am numb..after awhile, you just become numb..I really want to tell you all that I think that this swap has the nicest, sweetest people on it..And I will be back ..Diana
Old 03-20-2012, 03:39 PM

OK. MAYBE one print is stripes, one print is butterflies or flowers or ladybugs, and print number three is random dots or maybe swirls ... what kind of BLOCK would you make for a relatively small quilt. That is hypothetically if you had such fabrics which I'm not saying I do.

Or MAYBE if anyone on the face of the earth had such fabric on hand MAYBE she would forget the whole quilt thing and make a swell bag.
I jusrt might make a purse out of it... But I would take and still put the stripped in the middle and tale and fussy cut a mug and pocket and applique on the stripes and then use dots for a small border and another border out of the flora or butterfly or Ladybug... Truthfully I'd have to see the 3 peices of material... and see what colors they were...
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM

I got a really nice SP package today from Pattiese1...had a Chicken Soup for the Soul for Moms, a Journal couple patterns 4 FQ's of material 3 pair of folding scissors in 3 different sizes a York Peppermint patty and some homemade Peanut Butter Candy covered in White Chocolate and the lid had slid off a bit so it mush have drove the mail person nuts all day to smell it...note pad too... My DH had a piece and said it was yummy I have to wait till Easter so it's in the fridge... Thanks so much Patty...

Forgot the coffee, will have some for breakfast tomorrow..
Attached Thumbnails img_0299.jpg  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:38 PM

Make a wine bag