Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary) >

May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary)

May 2011 Doll Quilt Swap (Two-Year Anniversary)

Old 05-24-2011, 11:55 AM

I had a wonderful partner "Twinkie" this mth and had fun chatting back and forth. She sent the cutest doll quilt along with a few surprises...a very nice "Mug Rug" and something I never saw before a "Thumb Pin Cushion"....It's so adorable and very handy to have...Thank you Twinkie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-201916.jpe   attachment-201917.jpe  
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM

Well you ladies are making it very hard for me not to join again for the mth of June. I made up my mind that I need to stop for awhile since I joined the Boomerang 5.0 and 3 BOM's and now it's summer and don't spend as much time in the sewing rm as I do in winter...But, here comes the But
all my partners in the last 3 "doll quilt"(when I first joined) swaps have been so nice and I've rec'd such adorable "quilts" how could I not join in for "June"...
So I'm back in for June...
Old 05-24-2011, 06:03 PM

WOW WOW WOW
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM

I do love the little quilts. Can't wait till june. :D
Old 05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

I am so glad you enjoyed it. And yes, you are so welcome. It was not very creative but I have been thinking about another one for the June Swap. And, Kathy, I forgot to tell you, yes, I did do the FMQ without a guide. It was freehand. I enjoy doing that and did it on my 1950 Singer Featherweight. Thanks for being a great partner.

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I had a wonderful partner "Twinkie" this mth and had fun chatting back and forth. She sent the cutest doll quilt along with a few surprises...a very nice "Mug Rug" and something I never saw before a "Thumb Pin Cushion"....It's so adorable and very handy to have...Thank you Twinkie
Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by twinkie
I am so glad you enjoyed it. And yes, you are so welcome. It was not very creative but I have been thinking about another one for the June Swap. And, Kathy, I forgot to tell you, yes, I did do the FMQ without a guide. It was freehand. I enjoy doing that and did it on my 1950 Singer Featherweight. Thanks for being a great partner.
Twinkie - Would you mind sharing how you do FMQ on your Featherweight? What do you do since the feed dogs don't drop? Do you just cover them with something?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:16 PM

Beautiful quilts so far, everyone is doing a fine job of it!! I love looking at them all :-D . Mine to Terri went in the mail today so she'll receive it hopefully by Saturday. I can't wait to see what you've made for me! :-D :-D
Old 05-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Twinkie - Would you mind sharing how you do FMQ on your Featherweight? What do you do since the feed dogs don't drop? Do you just cover them with something?
I saw somewhere how you can use a credit card or similar card and tape it over the feeddogs. I tried it and it does work but I am not comfortable using it that way yet. I also have a 1950s singer and the feeddogs don't drop down.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 AM

Another banner month of fun quilts. The quilts have been amazing so far! I hope everyone is having fun. If you haven't signed up for June yet, the thread is here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-124322-1.htm
Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Ronda I just ordered a Feed Cover Plate and darning foot for my featherweight on ebay from April 1930's.
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
I saw somewhere how you can use a credit card or similar card and tape it over the feeddogs. I tried it and it does work but I am not comfortable using it that way yet. I also have a 1950s singer and the feeddogs don't drop down.