Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 >

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

Old 05-07-2012, 07:33 PM

OK I have to admit, I have not started my quilt yet, I just cannot come up with anything crazy LOL, so I think I might have something that is a bit on the crazy side for me, but I think my pal will still like it. I did start a few, but holy cow they are HORRIBLE looking, they could be stars a quilt horror movie, they would be the freddy kruger and mike myers all wrapped up into one! LOL so I gave that up.. but I cannot wait to see what everyone else is coming up with.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 PM

Oh it can't be that bad! Show us!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
OK I have to admit, I have not started my quilt yet, I just cannot come up with anything crazy LOL, so I think I might have something that is a bit on the crazy side for me, but I think my pal will still like it. I did start a few, but holy cow they are HORRIBLE looking, they could be stars a quilt horror movie, they would be the freddy kruger and mike myers all wrapped up into one! LOL so I gave that up.. but I cannot wait to see what everyone else is coming up with.
Oh thank goodness you are still in the design stages cause I haven't had time to start yours yet either, got the design in my head and on paper, fabrics picked out but I need the weekend NOW so I can make a start.

Pssst...DH is away at a training course next week for 3 whole days, 2 whole nights so I can sew until the wee hours of the morning without him complaining....oh such bliss, now hurry up next week
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 AM
Swap Hosts

Some of you are having waaaaay too much fun with this while others are struggling.

Put me in with the latter group. I don't know why, but I paper pieced the four blocks that make up my quilt and when I tore the paper off one of the squares it got all wobbly. I've been putting off taking the paper off the other three to continue the quilt. I think it is going to have to be stitched down onto muslin to stabilize it. Gee, why didn't I do it on normal stabilizer to begin with? Duh. Well, once I'm over the hump with Mother's Day veil orders, I will just plunge in. My AAQI quilt needs finishing too. It's one of those weeks when I feel I am drowning in unfinished projects and will never come out from under. I guess the gloomy weather isn't helping either. But then again, if it were nice out, I'd be pining to be in the garden -- where there is MORE unfinished work!!!

Anyway, I've been thinking of a stress free no theme June -- or something simple for those of us who are having a nervous breakdown over May. Thoughts?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Some of you are having waaaaay too much fun with this while others are struggling.

Put me in with the latter group. I don't know why, but I paper pieced the four blocks that make up my quilt and when I tore the paper off one of the squares it got all wobbly. I've been putting off taking the paper off the other three to continue the quilt. I think it is going to have to be stitched down onto muslin to stabilize it. Gee, why didn't I do it on normal stabilizer to begin with? Duh. Well, once I'm over the hump with Mother's Day veil orders, I will just plunge in. My AAQI quilt needs finishing too. It's one of those weeks when I feel I am drowning in unfinished projects and will never come out from under. I guess the gloomy weather isn't helping either. But then again, if it were nice out, I'd be pining to be in the garden -- where there is MORE unfinished work!!!

Anyway, I've been thinking of a stress free no theme June -- or something simple for those of us who are having a nervous breakdown over May. Thoughts?
K, when I paper piece I have to increase my stitches/inch in order to pull off the paper more easily. It makes more perforations and therefore making it easier to pull away. Try that next time.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:17 AM

oooo! paper piecing! i just love it! can't do it, so i love to receive it!! krystyna, you have me champing at the bit! i haven't put needle to fabric yet as i am all doped up with a bad back. if i could move the s.m. to my bed and put a finger guard around the needle..... maybe i'll just glue yours together, . i'm in between doses of pain pills so i hope i sound clear. sorry, girl, but you are not getting a paper pieced piece from me. altho', i do need to learn how to do it.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Banned

I "know" what I want to make, but I am having to "hunt" for
the proper bin of fabrics to find what I need.

Since my temp job ended yesterday than I am more free to
go hunting for this hidden bin of fabrics that I have.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 AM

louise, your cat is adorable! he looks like sylvester! what's his name?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:13 AM
Banned

Nancia,

That is Ms. "monster" her given name is Kiko (pronounced key-ko).
She will be 6 years old in Sept. 9. Although the picture doesn't
really show it she is kinda of a milk chocolate brown.

I say she is a monster because she has a "mean" streak in her, she
will come to you for attention and pets, but when she wants you to
stop instead of walking away from you she will just bite.

She has also been known to "attack" on command (thanks to hubs).

I am about to change out that picture and put one of the other "fur kids"
pic as my avatar.

Thanks for inquiring about her.

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
louise, your cat is adorable! he looks like sylvester! what's his name?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:19 AM

Theme for the month of June..... summer vacation or summer fun.

July could be just using patriotic fabrics. I also like favorite pets for one months theme. Also one month could be a simple 9 patch pattern,there are so many varities.
someone else mentioned 30s fabrics. I like it alll.

Cuppy