Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 >

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

Old 05-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:48 PM

Happy Mothers Day !!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Happy Mother's Day to ALL you moms out there.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Goldsberry and Rhonda, I love both your little quilts and designs. Makes summer feel really here.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 PM

thanks,needlegrammy!

i feel like i am re-writing the perils of pauline. as you know i'm on morphine for my back, so i'm useless, but fairly comfortable. so, i decided to splurge on my diet and have an extra crunchy pb&j sandwich. bit down, and heard the sound of bone cracking, i swear! and a lightning bolt of pain in my upper jaw. yup, i split my tooth. did you know most dentists either don't work on friday or leave early? mmmhhmmm. so i got squeezed in at the endodontist, and x-rays show the thing is split all the way down into the roots and deep in the gum. nothing he can do, oral surgeon has to remove the tooth and the split off piece.....on tuesday! monday i have the epidural shot for my back, and hope and pray it will work! then tuesday i have the tooth extracted. a kind oral surgeon agreed to do it as a rush. meanwhile, i keep taking vicodin or morphine, then have to go off it long enough to drive to appointments. i'm not even going to ask 'what next'? i truly don't want to know! lol ! i called my pain dr and he can fit me in on may 24th at 4. drs are more pain than they are worth sometimes! long story a little bit shorter-- i took some time today to audition fabrics and possible placements for krystyna's dq. it may be delayed if i can't stop taking the pills long enough to sew it together. as i lie here i have done some embellishment pieces. and decorated my fingers with needle piercings, very trendy, i know, lol. oh, i wanted to mention, part of my inheritance from my gm was/is an antique all silk graveyard quilt, with pieces that date back to the revolutionary war period. i will try to get photos of it and post them for inspiration for us all. if it would sell for 100K i'd definitely think about it! till then it is kept near the door so in case of fire i can grab it on my way out! well, busy day tomorrow ( today, actually), so i'll close. i had a wonderful mashed potatoes and gravy dinner, followed by birthday cake ice cream. i should be losing weight since my diet is soup and ice cream. and lots to drink. ah, for a good sirloin! hope everyone had a great mother's day! i was blessed to hear from all 3 of my children and my darling gd! doesn't get any better.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:14 AM
Swap Hosts

Nancia!!! You poor girl!!! I don't even know what to say except I fully and personally understand back pain and broken teeth like yours ... and the haze from the drugs. Oh, I wish you weren't driving. But if you don't have time to do my quilt, don't worry. You can always send me that graveyard quilt!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by NinaLemon View Post
I found the article online http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/newt...tid=Cover1#/32 I don't have a subscription but it let me preview it for free.

Here is a pic of the quilt:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334667[/ATTACH]
Isn't pretty love the hand work
Old 05-14-2012, 07:39 AM

Nancia! WOW! I'm sorry for all the "pain" your experiencing. Hopefully soon they can get you under control. Your pain under control, not you! I don't think controling you would work! lol Let us know how things go!
Love ya!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 AM

Nancia -- having broken a tooth on an all-chocolate M&M, I can relate to hearing that horrible cracking noise in my jaw and the scream of pain from my checkbook. You certainly are having more than your fair share of pain all at the same time and you more than deserve to be painfree for the rest of your life after this episode is cleared up. Thoughts are with you. And please find someone to drive you to the doctors -- we will all be worried about you until you give us an update.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM

Hi all, I am enjoying the quilts coming in, they are awesome. I received a wonderful quilt from Tam....Moo Saturday and just love it. Thank you so much Tammy. I love looking at all the different fabrics she put in, many I haven't even seen before.[ATTACH=CONFIG]335282[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]335283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1261.jpg   img_1264.jpg