Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30 >

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

May 2012 doll quilt swap - theme: Quilty chaos - crazy quilt - deadline noon est 4/30

Old 06-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Pay it forware maybe the butterflies. Beautiful little quilt!
Originally Posted by oowee View Post
Here is the DQ I received from psychomomquilter!!!!! I just love it. She wanted me to find clues to 2 movies, The Lamp and Pass it Forward, I found The Lamp, but I haven't seen Pass it Forward sorry!!!! She also sent me a pin cushion, note pad and my fav NERDS!!!!! Thanks again, I can't wait to get my new room together so I can hang all my DQ up!!!!!! Everyone has done an awesome job this month!!! I know I really struggled hope psychomomquilter likes my quilt!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]340312[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]340311[/ATTACH]
Old 06-06-2012, 06:28 PM

Sure wish you lived near us! We have a great group of ladies, both owner and help included!We have such fun. Summer time has slowed us down some but it is not unusual to see 3 or 4 of us sitting there sewing and just gabbing.
Originally Posted by nancia View Post
i just want it on the record that MY 6-pack is fine and certifiable at a 1/2 gallon each. and i'm off the drugs, hopefully, till next week.

i've just made 3 blocks for a bom at my next closest qs, and i have to say, there's a lady there who is very rude, and she runs the little program they have about the blocks each month. i had stopped going there because of her comments to me personally in front of the group ( and even my dh). i decided it's costing me to pick up these blocks and have to pay for them, and gas. (if you show up with the previous month's block done you get the next one free), and she's just not worth it. so i am going tomorrow, and if she decides to be rude ( which, according to the sales clerk is what she is to everyone), i may just let her have it, right between the bazoogers with a qayg ruler!! and hose her down with ellen's best. watch the five o'clock news! it'll be a thread bath, i'm tellin' ya!!
Old 06-06-2012, 06:29 PM

Say it 10 times and you own it...

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
You betcha!
And I know just what I'm going to use the bag for! I keep all my receipts for my business and since I am a coupon fanatic at Joann's most of my purchases that could have been on one receipt are on about ten ... at the end of the day (or week) I open my purse and it looks like the aftermath of a ticker tape parade.
No more! I will be organized!!! Yes I will. (If I keep saying it, maybe it will happen ...)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter View Post
scrappyfay1, thanks, I love the colors, and you say not to look too close! sure wish I could do my corners like that! and thanks for the extra little goodies!!
I'm so glad you like it. The "fancy" stitches, lol, gave me fits.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:19 PM

Wow more beauties, and each continues to be different, and unique. Sorry Lori I can't read Klingon, can you include the translation? It is almost a full time job to keep up with posts on here, and I don't want to skip any of it. I'll try to post my pic tomorrow. 'nite everyone.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:08 AM

happycat-- thanks! i wish i lived nearby too! one reason i love this board so much, is it makes us all neighbors, no matter where we live! but it would be lovely to have real nice people to quilt with and just chatter!! the up side is i think i'm really going to like this quilt when i'm done!!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:32 AM

Default May DQ

I rec'd my little Crazy Quilt from AuntShamaine yesterday, so adorable...And the fabrics are so soft, a fantastic seude. Also sent 3 very nice FQ's...Thanks AuntShamaine...Yours is on the way...
Attached Thumbnails 100_5625.jpg   100_5626.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 05:03 AM

What an interesting crazy with the suede! I love the colors and the doggies, too.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Swap Hosts

Love it! When I first returned to quilting I did several religious themed wall quilts and a friend asked me to do one that was "manly" -- so I used faux leather and suede. Not easy to work with so KUDOS!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:30 AM

If it works here is the doll quilt I received from Lamona1955
Attached Thumbnails may-dq-lamona.jpg