Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: May FQ Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Lol...I have REAL 1930's that fell in my lap!!! Mother-in-law doesn't want them so she gave them to me. Sorry, not swapping those!!!
    ooooohhhhh Lucky girl!!
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Some how I missed that post. yes you are right Teresa it will be July that is miss.
    Can't blame you there, I don't like the retro looks either!
    Teresa
    "I collect wind chimes."

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    ooooohhhhh Lucky girl!!
    Also have some of the old feed sacks. Maybe I should take pictures of my haul. I picked up my reds, white and blues and a bonus for my partners!!!!! Have to wait on the 1930's until next weekend in Dallas!!! Quilter's Asylum, here I come!!!!!

When do we sign up for the June swap?

Blog Entries
    Lol...I have REAL 1930's that fell in my lap!!! Mother-in-law doesn't want them so she gave them to me. Sorry, not swapping those!!!
    I am green with envy....GREEN!!! LOL... (sorry for emotion of emoticon, its the only green face I could find...my feeble attempt at humor...). I can't blame you for not swapping...now GIVING them to a sweet gal in Texas, thats a whole 'nother story...heck I would even say selling them to said Tx gal... I have a few pieces of vintage fabrics from my great-grandma and nanny... I have used some of them, all are smaller than a fq...I did actually send some repro's to a girl, and tucked in a couple of my vintage ones...told her she was realllly lucky!!..lol..
    Regards,
    Kan
    aka gg (green girl)..
    Last edited by kiffie2413; 05-25-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Also have some of the old feed sacks. Maybe I should take pictures of my haul. I picked up my reds, white and blues and a bonus for my partners!!!!! Have to wait on the 1930's until next weekend in Dallas!!! Quilter's Asylum, here I come!!!!!
    Quilters Asylum is three minutes from my house!!!!! When are you going? Have you been to the shop in historic "old" McKinney?
    Brenda

June sign up has not been posted yet...some of the ladies wanted to do Memorial Day sale shopping so I told everyone the theme but the no sign up yet
    Brenda

Got a package today from jclinganrey. Love them!!! They are my favorite colors - pink and red. I have them already planned!

Name:  fq from jane.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  8.1 KB

Quilters Asylum is three minutes from my house!!!!! When are you going? Have you been to the shop in historic "old" McKinney?
    Probably next Saturday, June 1st!!! Have to hit there and fabric fanatics (batik shop in Plano)

Probably next Saturday, June 1st!!! Have to hit there and fabric fanatics (batik shop in Plano)
    You better take me shop hopping June 1! Those are three of my favorite quilt shops. I wanted to get my patriotic prints at Happiness is Quilting. I'm participating in Fabric Fanitics Batik Dear Jane. AND....I'm COMMITTED!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    You better take me shop hopping June 1! Those are three of my favorite quilt shops. I wanted to get my patriotic prints at Happiness is Quilting. I'm participating in Fabric Fanitics Batik Dear Jane. AND....I'm COMMITTED!!
    Lets go. Where do you want to start??? We can meet when that store opens. Niece has dance recital at 6pm so don't have a ton of time.

How about Quilt Asylum, Happiness is Quilting, the Fabric Fantics. And I'll stop at The Old Craft Store in Carrollton and Quilt Country in Lewisville on my way home. ....Remember that store I stopped at in Bossier City? I'm super tempted to call them and order 30's.

I think there are other ladies near these shops (Dallas). (CreateFourPaws for one) how's about a shop hop??
    Last edited by SheriR; 05-25-2013 at 09:49 PM.
    SheriR~

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    How about Quilt Asylum, Happiness is Quilting, the Fabric Fantics. And I'll stop at The Old Craft Store in Carrollton and Quilt Country in Lewisville on my way home. ....Remember that store I stopped at in Bossier City? I'm super tempted to call them and order 30's.

I think there are other ladies near these shops (Dallas). (CreateFourPaws for one) how's about a shop hop??
    I'm in!!! TQA opens at 10 am. Lets plan that as the start time!!! Y'all will recognize me with my pink quilting supply fund shirt!!!

Sounds like we need to get together for a mini shop hop. I am available to meet if you want. I am looking forward to meeting up with you ladies.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

I'm in!!! TQA opens at 10 am. Lets plan that as the start time!!! Y'all will recognize me with my pink quilting supply fund shirt!!!

Guess I should have read all before my last posting. lol I will meet everyone up at TQA at 10 am, may even have my mom with me.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    Guess I should have read all before my last posting. lol I will meet everyone up at TQA at 10 am, may even have my mom with me.
    LoL see you there! And anyone else in the surrounding vacinity! (Brenda ). I'm soooo excited.
    SheriR~

I will be at QA at ten!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Lucky girl...I have some also but can't stand to cut them and I love '30's quilts...I am thinking I will make a quilt soon and use some of them...I am also green with envy! LOL

You Texans are making me homesick....I grew up in Dallas and my dad had a farm in McKinney!
    Last edited by luvstoquilt; 05-26-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    Well, boo-hoo...I am waaay up in the panhandle area of Texas...so you gals think of "us'ns" that would love to be "shop hopping" with y'all!!
    K
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
    Lucky girl...I have some also but can't stand to cut them and I love '30's quilts...I am thinking I will make a quilt soon and use some of them...I am also green with envy! LOL

You Texans are making me homesick....I grew up in Dallas and my dad had a farm in McKinney!
    Sharon~McKinney is where I am.....if we had a little more notice and it wasn't my anniversary on the 1st, I'd have everyone over for lunch!!
    Brenda

I will be at QA at ten!
    Sure wish I lived in Texas. Have fun girls!
    I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jvan228 View Post
    Sure wish I lived in Texas. Have fun girls!
    I am thinking the same thing!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I realized I was pretty jealous of you Texas ladies meeting and shop hopping. Don't know if there are any QB-ers in my part of the world to meet, greet and have fun with, so I'll just follow along as a long distance groupie...
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
    I realized I was pretty jealous of you Texas ladies meeting and shop hopping. Don't know if there are any QB-ers in my part of the world to meet, greet and have fun with, so I'll just follow along as a long distance groupie...
    AWWW!!! If I ever end up in East Tennessee, I'll let ya know!!! If you ever end up in Dallas or Houston, let me know!!! I'm sure we can find some trouble at a quilt shop somewhere!!!

A little envious of the fun you ladies will have meeting up. I do know I'm lucky to be in Ohio though as there are some nice shops here too. It would be fun to meet up with a bunch of us. I did get some tips from Crafty Bear but haven't been able to pull it off yet.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast