May Mini quilt swap

Old 05-28-2015, 05:14 AM

that is so pretty Jaba! see how you got a PURPLE flower grin.. its your cup of tea for sure! (or color flower not sure which).

I received the most wonderful of mug rugs from Cheesehead yesterday. It is a beautiful basket of flowers which she embellished with mini yo yo's and even SMALLER yo yo's omg I have never seen any so tiny before. then she put buttons on top of a few of them.. its gorgeous. the back is of special note also. She did a very interesting thing for the hanging.. a sort of corner piece on each end that the stick in back sticks into to so its held in place by them. argh wish I could explain it better. its not a sleeve for the stick to hang it its a corner piece that holds it all together. hope I got the photo of it but if I didn't could you please share with everyone what you did. its a GREAT idea and I am going to um .. borrow it in the future for the next mini I do. Its so much easier and so much cleaner looking and doesn't look to hard to copy at all. big hugs and smooches to you Cheesehead. GREAT idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520897[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]520898[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails frnt-mug-rug-cheesehead..jpg   picture-back-mug-rug-cheesehead.jpg  
Old 05-28-2015, 05:17 AM

also thank you btw for the beautiful pins you sent! they are gorgeous purple and white sparkly pins and I love them! and who wouldn't love the batik like prints you also sent. all beautiful blenders which I never ever seem to buy. I need them but rarely go out to buy them. now I have five new fat quarters of stunning fabric to easily use. and look at the machine embroidery on the signature ....jealous I am so jealous!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:22 AM

Such a pretty flower basket! Love the doilie use! I use the corner hangers all the time too! Lobe them and so easy.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:21 AM

I had it quilted. I'm not talented in that area. Glad you like it, Jaba.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:44 PM

Today I received such a pretty mini from Elisabrat. Wowsers...look at all of the tiny half square triangles, I can't imagine trying to work on those tiny blocks and still have the perfect points! When we started she gave me a choice of bright or light fabrics, as you can see I chose the bright. The fabrics she chose all come together so beautifully, it's just perfect! I'll be hanging it in the hallway right where you enter the front door. She also included circle print fat quarters in two shades with coordinating fabric that can be used all together. It's such fun fabric, you will definately see this in one of my projects in the near future.

Thank you Linda so much for the lovely mini quilt and FQ goodies!

Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]520921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520922[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mvc-896s.jpg   mvc-897s.jpg  
Old 05-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

What beautiful Minis.

Elisabrat what a gorgeous mini from Cheesehead. All those pretty yo yo's. I love how she used the doily underneath. Such a pretty back too, and all your goodies.

Cheesehead you also got a gorgeous mini from Elisabrat. Such pretty floral fabric she used with all those half square triangles. The large floral looks so pretty with the triangles with the nice effect it gives matching the outside, and all of your goodies.

You girls did a great job.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:19 AM

thanks I loved what I got and she seems pretty happy too. Its all you could ask for in a swap. A beautiful new quilted item and a friend. That my dear quilters is the best part .. making new friends here.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

I will be glad when my precious partner gets hers, because my tracking number I got is not showing anything. So I just hope it happily on its way to her.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:53 AM

Here is my lovely mini I received from JuneBillie!! Love it!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521081[/ATTACH]

And some added goodies! Thank you Susan!! I love everything you sent!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521082[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails may-mini1.jpg   may-mini2.jpg  
Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

nice mini and just love those hanger paper clips. great for scrapbooking.