Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
.... love wind chimes and this one has a great tone.
i love wind chimes also and that one looks like it would have great sound. do you hand yours outdoors.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by greenini View Post
News of the Weird: DH woke me up this am to the news that Ray was being stalked by a german shepard size, limping, rough looking coyote...in the midst of a metropolitan Atlanta neighborhood. Chased him up a BIG tree, good thing, DH went after the coyote and threw a small stick at it, while I called 911...no one ever showed up and it's not the 1st time we've seen it, but boy it was nerve shattering. All is well however, coyote is gone, Ray and DH both happy and home.

try contacting the wildlife service. coyotes can be well.... dangerous especially in an urban setting. if it's determined it will get somebody's pet. they are stealth hunters. and then it may be injured too. i would certainly try contacting the wildlife service. the police may not react until something or someone gets hurt.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:59 PM

well my sp package updates. two have been delivered and i have heard from one of my sp's so far. the other is out for delivery today.

i have received my last sp package from gzuslivz today. thank you renee. i havent had time to go through it thoroughly and i am out the door shortly. so when i return i can properly examine my goodies and post pics. thanks much renee. this is the 2nd time renee has had my name and i am glad she had me again.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
try contacting the wildlife service. coyotes can be well.... dangerous especially in an urban setting. if it's determined it will get somebody's pet. they are stealth hunters. and then it may be injured too. i would certainly try contacting the wildlife service. the police may not react until something or someone gets hurt.

I actually called them first, but it being a weekend, I got transferred to 911...the only good thing other then Ray being an exceptional tree climber is that I don't *think* it's rabid and it left when DH threw the stick at it....if we see it again I will try again...frankly I suspect a loose coyote is not a critical call in this day of reduced police forces...
Old 05-19-2012, 05:38 PM

I must be having a brain freeze.... Just figured out TY...is short for THANK YOU! My May SP put that in her not Three times.... DAH! THANK YOU :-)
Old 05-19-2012, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford View Post
I must be having a brain freeze.... Just figured out TY...is short for THANK YOU! My May SP put that in her not Three times.... DAH! THANK YOU :-)
yep that is normally texting speak. i haven't saw it used in handwriting before so that would be new to me also. sometimes when i am chatting here i may write in texting speak (you learn to maximaze letters) but i correct it before i post.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:18 PM

Way off topic~what is the difference between a stack and whack, a kaleidoscope and a one block wonder (OBW)? I know that they are all done from the same fabric, but what else makes them different?
Old 05-19-2012, 07:47 PM

I received my May Secret Pal Swap package from Havplenty today. Wow....how she is able to fit so many goodies in the flat rate envelope, I'll never know. And everyone....the wait is over.....I AM THE PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE POSTAGE STAMP POTHOLDERS!!! Also such wonderful things in addition....I can't mention it all but you must see the attached photos. Get your kleenex out....you will end up drooling over it all!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Havplenty!!!
Attached Thumbnails p1020431.jpg   p1020433.jpg   p1020435.jpg   p1020436.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 08:08 PM

love the parrot fabric!!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I received my May Secret Pal Swap package from Havplenty today. Wow....how she is able to fit so many goodies in the flat rate envelope, I'll never know. And everyone....the wait is over.....I AM THE PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE POSTAGE STAMP POTHOLDERS!!! Also such wonderful things in addition....I can't mention it all but you must see the attached photos. Get your kleenex out....you will end up drooling over it all!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Havplenty!!!
you are sew welcome leidene and i made everything very colorful like you said you like. i really hope you do but if not, it's too late now.

with the lighted pen you will always be able to write in the dark. also the little red brush is a computer duster. not sure if i mentioned that in my note. enjoy!

mary