Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
what is a coffee keeper? i know very little about coffee and related products for the most part. i don't drink it, don't care for the smell nor taste of it so pay no attention to it at all, not even the fancy stuff at starbucks.

wow a doll quilt? that would require some serious thinking to pull something like that together. the thread catcher good idea as every one that i have made i have given in a swap so my threads are all over the place.
The coffee keeper, is a wrap around, it is simple, it looks a lot like those paper sleeves that are on the paper cups, but this one is not disposable. hehe.. anyways it is just two strips of fabric, or more if you want various patterns, then held together around the cup with a elastic strand and a button. Here is a link

http://www2.fiskars.com/Activities/C...ffee-Cup-Wraps
Old 05-09-2012, 07:59 PM

Robyn! I am sending you a HUGE ... no the HUGEST HUG from Wyoming!! Love ya sister! And may your families angels come and wrap their loving arms around you, your son and your grandbaby and bring you the much needed comfort and relief you all need so badly at this time.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 PM

I love chickens...hmmm... is the pin cushion for me??
I also live near the shore and love dark chocolate. Then again, who doesn't love dark chocolate.

here's a hint for my SP: I've been collecting special vintage squares just like you.

package goes in the mail as soon as I finish my special gift ;-)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 PM

Your pin cushion is too cute for its own good!!!! Has anyone seen the 3D Rooster fabric? I bought myself a yard (3D glasses NOT included, though). It's a very nice print even if you don't have the glasses. lol.

i created a new pincushion for a swap and the response from the recipient has me thinking about making it for this swap. the thing is i didnt make a pattern for this pincushion i just drew the pic so it will be new to me all over again. lemme know whatcha think.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334133[/ATTACH]
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 PM

I see you are from Coram, LI, NY. I spent a lot of time there - my MIL lived there before she passed away. Huntington and Hicksville were my homes for a couple of years. Fond memories of the Island. My opinion is anything goes in this swap. I'm sending non-quilt related, and handmade - 2 things actually!! Stash stuff is fine. I have some fabric that I won't be using that is in a color my SP cannot easily get, so she'll be the lucky recipient of about 1/2 yard. If it weren't for the swap, I'd probably just donate it to the local charitable quilting club anyway. Just have fun putting together a package and have no worries.

Originally Posted by Pinkwater View Post
HMMM... I'm new to this so here goes...
My SP lives in a town with an awesome library. I travel up past her town to go to a conference most years. She and I like some of the same things including happy colored fabric. We both are loose drinkers.

Two questions: I'm new to this. Is it ok for me to send a handmade non-quilt related item? and is it ok to send stash items if they match your SP wish list?

Happy Wednesday!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 PM

I'm dropping out of the race this time, Havplenty. I got my Squishy today from Painiacs. I've never been a good guesser - I ALWAYS lose at 20 questions.

uh sorry sharon. it's me see st. louis, missouri. it's always been me!!!!!!

mary
Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 PM

I am in need of someone to do a favor to fix a bobo I made, any takers??????? Send me a pm Thanks in advance, Lori

Last edited by Lori Peercy; 05-09-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:38 PM

Thanks Sharon. My son had surgery this afternoon to remove the infected tissue. It took a few hours to do that. He is doing well right now.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Boy, I just spend 15 minutes typing a Thank You to Painiacs and my pinkie hit a key and I lost it all. Anyway, Painiacs made me a very happy camper when I received her lovely (and huge) squishie this evening after work and a dinner date. What an awesome package. I have yet to be able to upload photos to the new board, so I hope the 2 I took of her generosity will be visible. 1 photo is all her handmade items. And the 2nd is of the many other items. There are too many to mention individually, but I'd like to say a special thanks for the 1990 small quilting magazine. My goodness, Hancock Fabrics had very affordable prices back then. $2.97 for a pkg of rotary blades. It's fun to read and look at the retro quilts and stories. Then there is a small swatch booklet to assemble - something I really need when I go to LQS's. Place for swatch, kind of fabric, when/where purchased, name of fabric, etc. I have never seen such an item before.

I am so grateful for everything, Painiacs. Thank you very much. Now for the upload attempt. Apologies in advance if it does not work.
Attached Thumbnails may2012sp2of2.jpg   may2012sp1of2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM

Sent PM to you Lori.

Last edited by SharonAnne; 05-09-2012 at 09:44 PM.