Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Swap Hosts

Louise, wow. Your mom has been through a lot. I can't imagine living through that horror. But she did and no doubt that is where you get your gumption.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:43 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi.
SP please don't worry you will have your packages soon.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Hi Ms. Mary.... Yes, not only was the fabric bee-u-tiful it has such a nice hand to it. Brenda did an excellent job!

Gosh it's always good to hear from you....I posted this message before I hope it doesn't duplicate but I didn't see the one so I'm re-posting....wacky computers????? Or maybe on an off chance it's me and not the computer???? NAH. :0)

Anyway Mary... I'm catching up on about a dozen pages of posts and I 'think' it was you that posted that all roads lead from MO???? Well got to thinking and sure nuf....DH Mom was raised in Frankford near Hannibal and all his sibs were born in Marthasville. So here's another story to validate your theory!

Have a GREAT DAY my friend.

It was the other Mary (havplenty that posted about everyone being connected to MO.Actually there is a third Mary from Mo.(marymo).So easy to get us mixed up. Nice to hear from you Thanks Mary
Old 05-12-2012, 01:17 PM

Krystyna I'm so happy that you are having a wonderful day. I'm putting on my Bindi and dancing right along with you. I'd be concerned about the discrepencey in the mileage as well. Don't rush into anything as there are plenty of cars to choose from.

So many wonderful packages already received. I wish I were playing this month. I miss getting a package together. But I would never have been able to manage it. I'm struggling with packing my house by myself.

Update on my son. He had a very large area of tissue removed around the wound and they have put a suction vac on it to help it heal. He has a blood and bone infection. They though that he may also MRSA, but thankfully he does not. They are saying that he may get to come home on Monday. Thank you for all your prayers they are working. Things were much worse than the Dr's thought at first but not near as bad as it could have been.

Mary I have read on the RAK board the sad new that your SIL got about her cancer. I am so sorry that she is having to go through this. I too wish that I could give her a hug. I know that you will be positive force in her treatment and recovery.
I'm loving the rug that you won. How perfect that it will go with your new living room decor.

Greenini so happy to hear that you remain cancer free and are off the osteo meds.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Hi y'all..so many wonderful packages being received here. So many hints too but nothing going south..can this be??

Robyn, glad to hear that your son will be coming home soon.

Greenini, congrats on your good news!

To all of you wonderful moms out there, Happy Mother's day and hope you are enjoying your weekend! It's been a glorious week here on the First Coast and perfect for the Players' Championship!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:46 PM

Whew I thought I'd catch up on the May SP Board. I was going to mail my package today but since it took me HOURS to catch up the post office is now closed. So tomorrow or Monday. Luckily we have til Tues. the 15 to mail.
Krystyna, Krystyna, Krystyna, you poor thing-how could anyone ignore you for 25 years. Anyway maybe that car was green and the seller meant it was 'mint' green. Do you make those snack packs for that bar? is that one of your talents? I will be proud to send you a square for the patriotic quilt!
Anyone that gets anything from Panara-you are connected to MO- it is the St. Louis Bread Co. there. I hadn't thought about the Beer, but i dont' usually drink beer but when I do I must admit I like Coors.
I think the Yewk is referring to how Bostonians or Massachusetts folk would be saying N. York.
Hope and prayers for everyone healing.
Happy Mothers day to all the moms, hope it is a good day for you no matter what you do. Melissa, maybe you could suggest to your boyfriend that he should make a nice homemade card for his mom. I'm sure you could advise him for all the special touches.
Candi I'm sure some of the packages are going to FL unless that bobo that Lori mentioned was that she forgot to put the FL names in when she did the pairing up. I had said in my first clue that my package will go south of me. Not saying how far south though, nor whether straight or curvy south.
Great Packages. Cute rug.
Better wrap this up before I lose it all cause I'm using too many words.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:02 PM

Dear SP I tried to send your pkg today. I had a bright idea that I would try click and ship. It worked well until I went to print the label and my black ink ran out. I was only able to print half of the label. I am now requesting a refund. I will try to send monday. SP I hope you will not be disappointed with me. I was not able to fulfill your most wanted item and I forgot to put something special in for your furbaby.

Robyn hope your son can come home soon.

Everyone have a great Mother's Day! I certainly will. It will start with breakfast in bed.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=Krystyna;5211911]Onalee, Here is the thread about the Quilt Blocks for Marty. I think a photo of the finished quilt is around 348.
Yes, I'll put them together into a quilt. I'll let you all know when I start the thread.
Krystyna

Would be nice if they were all 12.5 inch Red White and Blue Blocks, I'll send you one to add to the quilt... even if you have only about 20 that would be a nice size throw for her...
Old 05-12-2012, 04:15 PM

Goodie .......Goodie..........Goodie..........I got a very special package from Pinkwater today..............she wraps everything in a very special way.........you don't want to open them up because they are so pretty..........Thank goodness the wrapping is see through.............

Hopefully I will be able to take a picture tomorrow...........and post it so everyone can drool over all my goodies........I got fabric........thread........post it note booklet..........buttons............bookmarks..... .....hand lotion ...tea........and a book............lucky me............

Thank you Pinkwater...........your the best............you sure did make my day...................
Old 05-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Yeah, have tons of things here on Lewis and Clark and the Oregon Trail. We went into a museum on Thursday and pretty much everything in there is about Lewis and Clark. Then we have the Oregon Trail museum too. A few miles from my house there is a sign that shows the path of Oregon Trail. My Uncle did Mark Twain as a stage actor. When he was in costume, He looked exactly like him.

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
well i'm not sure about the world but certainly the upper 48 states, probably all 50. MO is the gateway to the west, right in the cusp of the midwest, divider between the northern & southern and almost dab smack in the middle of the coutry. plus MO has a wealth of history connected to it (lewis & clark, mark twain, tonto & the lone ranger [huh????]). yep.... all paths emiinated in MO.