Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-18-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
Ladies, I want to thank you all again for your prayers, however, I just got back from my results and it's final, I have breast cancer. So please, if you haven't had your mammogram yet, please please go get it. My GF saved my life so if I can help someone too, it's all worth it.
Teresa ~ You know you will be wrapped and lifted in my prayers....Such a blessing to have a GF who kicked you in the the patootie to get that Mamo....it's found now, not later. Thank-you for the kick to get out and get the mamo's done you are paying it forward with your plea to all of us.

Big Hugs to you....
Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Brenda so glad you like your pkg, but you will be getting another item that I will mail tomorrow. Last week I went to my LQS and was hunting for something giraffe. I went back to the quilt shop today and the owner said that I owed her money, I couldn't image what I owed for. After I left the shop last wk she found an item in a craft book and made it for me to give to you. I told her I had all ready mailed your pkg, but would buy the item and send it to you. The owner of the quilt shop is elderly and loves to make small items to sell, so you are going to get a Christmas ornament giraffe. It is so cute. Hope you like it.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:28 PM

mscupid804 I will be praying for you.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Brenda so glad you like your pkg, but you will be getting another item that I will mail tomorrow. Last week I went to my LQS and was hunting for something giraffe. I went back to the quilt shop today and the owner said that I owed her money, I couldn't image what I owed for. After I left the shop last wk she found an item in a craft book and made it for me to give to you. I told her I had all ready mailed your pkg, but would buy the item and send it to you. The owner of the quilt shop is elderly and loves to make small items to sell, so you are going to get a Christmas ornament giraffe. It is so cute. Hope you like it.
D~I am sure that I will LOVE it!!!! Thank you soooo much!! My sister already tried to swipe the log cabin fob!! Had to get in on the scissors quickly haha!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S View Post
Wow....What an incredible gesture for that quilt shop owner to have made such a sweet gift for someone she doesn't know or have contact with....talk about a 'giving heart'!!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 PM

Prayers out to you, mscupid. So glad you caught it due to dear friend.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Teresa, I'm adding my name to the list of those that are truly praying for you. If it's alright with you I would love to put you on our prayer list at church. I've had my paperwork on the counter to get my Mamo and because of your encouragement I'm making my appointment 1st thing Monday Morning!

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 05-18-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 PM

I thought for sure my SP swap box would arrive in today's mail since the deadline was on the 15th. Should take only 3 days travel time to reach me.....but no box yet.....is it coming from a "one horse town???" so it's taking longer??? I am sitting on the bench, guarding my mailbox....guess the mailman is NOT going to like me sitting there and watching him as he puts our mail in the mailbox. Will be watching him with my "good" eye (as DH likes to say) when I squint that one eye to watch very closely. LOL
Old 05-18-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
I thought for sure my SP swap box would arrive in today's mail since the deadline was on the 15th. Should take only 3 days travel time to reach me.....but no box yet.....is it coming from a "one horse town???" so it's taking longer??? I am sitting on the bench, guarding my mailbox....guess the mailman is NOT going to like me sitting there and watching him as he puts our mail in the mailbox. Will be watching him with my "good" eye (as DH likes to say) when I squint that one eye to watch very closely. LOL

yea i still waiting on a sp package too. slide over and i will watch your box with you.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 PM

Hey ya'll I never thought about sending my sp honey, but now listening to your comments I sure will next month! Hope I get someone who likes it! I canned 14 more quarts of green beans today and I'm sure I'll have to pick more on Sunday. Hope our corn and butter beans do that good! LOL!
Hey Krystyna I bet my DH wishes you could squeeze our chickens and get honey! It's would sure be alot easier that way! LOL!
Hope everyone has a good night!