Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST >

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 4pm CST

Old 05-10-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 View Post
My best friend Gail's son has been in the hospital for a week now, on top of all the sickness she has had and they just found out he has acute leukemia, please pray for him and their whole family... It's been a long ride for here these past few months with her being in the hospital and trying to recoup.. Thank you all, if you want to send her a Thinking of you card, PM me.. Thanks...
I will be be praying for Gail and her son. How is your sister Mary doing?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
Thanks for for all the holiday wishes. Hope Gail's son improves and that things are going all right for you too Ladybug.

View from hotel - raining at home.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]474924[/ATTACH]
The view from your hotel is amazing. I hope you and DH are having the time of your life.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:29 AM

I've been down for the past week with my Crohn's. I went to see a rheumatologist yesterday. She was wonderful. Very gentle and kind. She really listened as well. The best part is that I left her office with hardly any limp from my right hip. She figured out that I had bursitis and gave me and injection that took away a lot of the pain. I have been limping from the pain in my right hip for almost 20 years.

Dear SP, I have done the shopping for your package. I'm hoping to be able to make something for you as well before I send it.

lauriejo lucky you with the first package. It looks wonderful.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:48 PM

Package finished up today and ready to mail Monday! You like homemade things, sp, so you can expect a couple such goodies. And your candy is coming, though I admit it was hard to find!!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:31 PM

Received my SP Package today from SSnare ( Sherry) Needles, 3 Children's FQ 2 little Christmas small pictures, $5 GC for Starbucks... Thank you Sherry
Attached Thumbnails img_1232.jpg  
Old 05-10-2014, 05:36 PM

For all who have asked John is doing well, will know his results on Thursday, me?? I'm still hanging in there and Gail's Son Michael is in good hands in Birmingham AL... Gail is still very unsettled but she will be fine, going to the doctor this next week and hopefully get some help for her neck pain... Thanks all for asking.... God Bless you all..

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's Gram's and Aunts... and wanna be's...
Old 05-11-2014, 06:41 AM

Ladybug just want to say I am thinking of you, John, Gail and her son Michael. I hope all news will be good!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I am celebrating with my grandchildren. What a fun and busy weekend with these two. Gabi is almost 9 and Zach is almost 11. I had forgotten what it was like to "Live" in my car....ball games, horseback riding lessons, lunch, dinner,etc. Mike (son) and Joanna (best DIL in the world) will be back today..they participated in a 10 mile mud race..sounds really terrible to me but I can't wait to hear their stories.

Well, SP, your package left the local PO yesterday and should get to you on Tuesday. Hard to believe since you are just about 402 miles away! I could have brought it to you much faster! MapQuest says it should take about 7 hrs. to drive from my driveway to yours! Your town is small only about 2000 population. Do you know who you are? Your zip adds to 28 or as Krystyna would add it would be 10 or 1..go figure!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:29 AM

Happy Mom's Day all!! Furkid or real kid!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:32 AM

Hey Sps I mailed your packages on the 9th, so you should be getting them today. Hope you enjoy them.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:26 AM

Thought I'd pop in. Hope everyone had a great mother's day. I was very surprised with mine. My fiancée blindfolded me to take me to a fancy Italian Restaurant or I thought...He guided me through the "restaurant" of some wonderful smelling food, sat down and when the blindfold was taken off I WAS IN MY DAUGHTER'S HOUSE!!! She and her fiancée cooked their hearts out for me and I couldn't stop crying and laughing. They got me good. Starting to see pkgs coming in so that's great. I'm headed off now to my MRI. Hope everyone has a great day!