Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Swap for Rhonda's Quilt Blocks - Sign up ends May 9th. >

May Swap for Rhonda's Quilt Blocks - Sign up ends May 9th.

May Swap for Rhonda's Quilt Blocks - Sign up ends May 9th.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

sorry everyone I have been without internet for 2 days and it about drove me nuts! I really didn't expect to have it yet today. I figured because of the holiday we would have to wait til tomarrow. But glory be it was there this am. I am still in shock at having it back! LOL
When it went out Zach(autistic 10 yr old) was here and he looked at me and said You have more wires(meaning usb cables etc) Grandma you can fix it! -- I said -If only it was that simple honey! He's very optimistic!! LOL He never gives up. When he wants something he moves everything to get it done! But this one Gramma couldn't fix!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:43 AM

Welcome back! We should listen to kids more.
Originally Posted by Rhonda
sorry everyone I have been without internet for 2 days and it about drove me nuts! I really didn't expect to have it yet today. I figured because of the holiday we would have to wait til tomarrow. But glory be it was there this am. I am still in shock at having it back! LOL
When it went out Zach(autistic 10 yr old) was here and he looked at me and said You have more wires(meaning usb cables etc) Grandma you can fix it! -- I said -If only it was that simple honey! He's very optimistic!! LOL He never gives up. When he wants something he moves everything to get it done! But this one Gramma couldn't fix!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by VaNella
Welcome back! We should listen to kids more.
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Unfortunately I couldn't fix it. We had a broadband outage in our area. I thought they were never going to get it up and running again! LOL

Zach is the eternal optimist. He never ever gives up or admits defeat! LOL I dont' know if it is the autism or what but he is very focused when he wants something. He loves to watch the videos on you tube and he pauses his Wiggles videos and prints the pic so he can draw on the picture. He draws himself into the picture or he tells a story by adding things to the picture. This is his favorite thing to do here so when he didn't have the internet I figured we were in for big temper tantrums. Another by product of autism is melt downs. But he surprised me and entertained himself really well.

When it first went out I had called him over and said I have bad news Zach. I told him there wasn't any internet and he said now what's the good news? Such an optimist! LOL
Old 05-31-2011, 10:40 AM

Nell I received your block today. The picture doesn't do it justice, it is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:33 PM

I am so happy you like it!! I do love these blocks.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:01 PM

Oh yes I love these blocks, I can't wait for the next one. I do hope we are doing more!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:26 PM

Me too! I might ask some of my fave swappers to take the plunge.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Katie I will do the swap as long as there is anyone interested.

Ok I posted the new sign up for June!
If I need to fix anything in the intro let me know. I changed the format a little and don't want to leave any info off. I think I covered everything.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-127056-1.htm#3374490
Old 06-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Sorry Mom-6 I do have the pics but this camera I borrowed from DD isn't the best.

I would be glad to let you post. I am sure your pictures are better than the ones I have. thanks!!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:18 PM

I only have a picture of this one. Forgot to take a picture of the one I did in the leafy floral fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-207342.jpe