Mug Rug Block Swap

Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 AM

My swap partner and I have been in touch with each other. Full steam ahead - - -

Jane
Old 07-01-2013, 03:47 AM

RedGarnet222 I love your avatar! very unique.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 AM

And yes it was delivered. I did receive it with the wonderful needle case to boot. Thank you for the wonderful card. I did not get any photos done on it this weekend. Was so busy working on the Steelers quilt and then got side tracked fixing DH's computer, then did three other tops as well, Sunday went to church picnic, then out in sweat shop to get the Steelers quilt done, then had to spend two hour ripping a row because the bobbin tension got off again. Have to throw that bobbin out. That I did not stop to photo. I am so sorry.
BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You remembered I loved that fabric didn't you. The mug rug she made has the wonderful little ladies with the different fruit butts. So adorable! I almost hate to use it. I think I am going to hang it instead so I can enjoy it longer. It is so cute!
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Ok then ... Mine was delivered yesterday to quiltermomma according to the usps confirmation number.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by abdconsultant View Post
RedGarnet222 I love your avatar! very unique.
Thank you so very much abdconsultant! I bought that paper piece pattern from a soldier's wife on e bay. It is called "Oh Beautiful". It will get a real metal eagle on the top and the flag gets a rope twisting down the pole. I am working on the quilting today so it will be finished up for the fourth. It is all fabrics from my stash except for the stars portion. Really fun to do. Thanks for noticing.

I am thinking it needs an outside framing to end the waves of grain. What do you think?

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 07-01-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 AM
Power Poster

I am so very happy you like it quiltermomma. I figured you were busy over this last weekend. We are getting ready for the fourth of july BBQ here too. Hubby is out there with the power washer making lots of noise. LOL...

I feel the same about your beautiful sunbonnet sue mug rug. I will hang her in my sewing room too.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 AM

The mug rug is an inspiration right now to stay on my lifeplan eating habit I need to be on. No, not diet, life plan, because I need to stay with the program to keep the weight off, no bad snacks. This will give me humor especially when I look at the apple butt.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Ahh ... I have one of those ladies butts too. LOL ... It comes from getting a BAD knee injury and sitting on it far too much. Not to mention that the older women in my family tend to be heavier after menopause sets in. No matter, there is beauty at every age I always say.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Ahh ... I have one of those ladies butts too. LOL ... It comes from getting a BAD knee injury and sitting on it far too much. Not to mention that the older women in my family tend to be heavier after menopause sets in. No matter, there is beauty at every age I always say.
I know what you mean! After getting hospitalized with COPD, and developing heart issues, I ended up disabled I used to be on the go all the time at work, but now sit and sew and quilt. Add to that the steroids I have to take now, and I put on 50 pounds in a year. The way I look at this, I am a fluffy grandma! I will have to work on losing some in the next year, for a possible lung transplant
Old 07-02-2013, 02:42 AM

Pat625, You're not fat you're "fluffy".
I'll be mailing yours today so I hope you enjoy. I would like you to post a picture after go receive it. It's a kitty lovers for sure!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 AM

Here it is. Love it every time I see it.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg