Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-15-2015, 05:54 PM

Love that fabric Whigrose… it looks so pretty… can't wait to see a pic of the whole thing
Old 02-15-2015, 06:02 PM

I love dragonflies & that mug rug is awesome! So are the other goodies & PC & NC! Great swap!
Old 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM

Oh, somebody asked about the snow here in the NE. I had heard on TV this morning that we broke the record for snow since record keeping started in 1895. Didn't hear what the record was, though!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Power Poster

boston I heard has broken all records. we're about 3 right now with a windchill of I don't know what. I stayed in all day. going out tomorrow for Mongolian beef. love that stuff.

everyone, stay warm.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:22 AM

Whigrose, I am loving what you are making!!! I am going to be a lucky girl!!!

Lynnie, no kitty in my package to Whigrose...just want her to open it so I can know if she likes it or not...always a stress...

Brat...I think your DH is "such a man"! You go out and get your white on white fabric!!! My hubby and I have pretty much gone to gifting that the other already knows about and approves of...so much easier??

I'm so sorry for all of you getting slammed with cold temps and tons of snow...the weather patterns here are been strange as well...used to lots of snow and it's in the 50's and feels like spring...scared of what might happen but am enjoying the weather while it lasts??

DH took me out for a nice dinner Friday night and we stayed at a great Bed & Breakfast and Saturday he took me antiquing and thrift store shopping (favorites of mine). I am blessed to have him!

I also drove the car for the first time in almost 3 months! Yahoo! My knee surgery is finally getting to a point where I can almost function normally again...not 100%, but I'm getting there! It feels soooo good to feel good!
Old 02-16-2015, 09:06 AM

So happy your knee is doing better! and that you drove. its like freedom again isn't it? being able to do things for ourselves? I remember those days .

I just got a note from a member that I need to address to all. She was extremely upset by the use of her full name here on the board. YOU CAN NOT POST A PERSONS FIRST AND LAST NAME HERE unless they give you permission to do so. YOU should post their board name and if you like a first name but never their last name. some people are worried about hackers and such and it upsets them so please remember this and be kind. I have given her assurance that there was no malice in it but she may or not play again due to this. That would make me sad. sigh, everyone makes mistakes. please don't make that one again! yikes.

ok and onto the dragonfly mug rug what wonderful colors and design. you did a great job on that one! bravo! I don't know about you but sometimes you just want to hang these little things on the wall and not let anyone get them dirty. I know I do. I want this one and that one and oh oh the other one. yup..my walls would soon be covered in these. but what a happy room that would be wouldn't it?
Old 02-16-2015, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

Linda, my mugrug from this month is hanging on my sewing room wall.
it's hello kitty and just to cute not to be on a wall. I love her. I could
get a hello kitty every month in a different theme, so Linda, feel free to match me up with
anyone who will do HK for me. I wanted to use her, but didn't want to get her
dirty. Can't wait to hear next months theme. when will we hear it, Brat?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:23 AM

WOW VITA!! These are wonderful!!
Originally Posted by Vitality View Post
Ok both my partners have gotten their rugs now and I'm dying to share pics so I am gonna go ahead and share em!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509658[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]509659[/ATTACH]
Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by cuppy View Post
I will be finishing up mug rug next week and will mail to my partner.
And I will be doing the same for you!
Old 02-16-2015, 12:00 PM

Sorry this is long, I promise it's for a good reason. But I won't be offended by anyone who says, "I'm not reading a novel today!!"

Beautiful mug rug Letsquilt made!
Nice sneak peek, Whigrose...

Lovely yellow roses, Quilty-Louise!

Brat, you know I nicknamed my dh Jed Clampett years ago... 'nuff said..

As to the stopping smoking, let me preface with I only smoked as a child...2nd hand because both of my parents smoked. I always hated it...
My sweet dad died at age 62 from COPD, it was terrible to watch, and I'm sure terrifying to go through.

My mom continued to smoke (outside as she'd moved in with my family and I. Not only did I not like the smell, my dh and ds have asthma, no smoke in our house. I'm sorry, I love my mom dearly, but I love my hubby and my son, too.)
Well mom also got pneumonia 2 times within those first 6 months after my dad died. And she continued to smoke...even on meds and inhalers. I tried reasoning with her (non confrontational, I mean it IS my mom, plus no one likes to be yelled at and fought with..you get more flies with honey and all..), I cried, I even tried "guilting" her..as in I want you around, your grandson wants his Nan at his high school graduation, his college graduation, if and when he marries, etc.. No dice, she still smoked.

Well one night she'd gotten up, went in the rest room because she was coughing, choking, couldn't catch her breath. At that time, our house addition was still under construction. Mom and my son's bedrooms and their bathroom were on the opposite end from mine and dh's room.
Mom told me the following the next day:
She was in the restroom, trying to breathe. She heard a tap tap on the door. It was my 16 year old son. He asked, "Nan, can I help you?".
She said right then her heart broke. You see, my son and my mom have had a special relationship since the 1st time she laid eyes on him. Mom was waiting, skulking really...outside the delivery room. She saw the nurse come out with a lil bundle, with a cap on. She stopped her, asked, "Is that ours?". The nurse said, "I'm really not supposed to say...".
Mom said, "Oh, please, I'll not say a word...it's a boy, isn't it??". The nurse said, "Yes, and yes.". And away she went.
Mom relates this story to this day with such happiness, I can't be upset with her or the nurse (almost 30 years later).

So, back to that night my son asked if he could help her. She managed to say no. She said when she finally came out, he was sitting outside, right by the door. He got up, hugged her, told her he loved her, back to bed he went. Mom went back to her room.

The next morning, we all get up, I know nothing of the night before, and nothing is said. But Mom says, "I'm quitting smoking.". I about fell over...And I didn't REALLY believe it. But all I said was, great, and how can I help?
I went to town, bought patches and gum. Brought them to her.
BUT, she never opened any of it. And she never smoked another cigarette.
49 years of smoking, and she quit. And she never had any craving or anxiety. And she'd tried to quit several times through the years. NEVER could...
She says it was God, and her grandson who made it possible. I don't argue with that.

Sorry this is so long...
Two years later, in 2004, Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer, out of the blue.
She had no symptoms, had been a non-smoker for 2 yrs. Matter of fact she was feeling great.
But one afternoon, she took a sip of her diet coke, cleared her throat, and a bright red blood clot the size of my palm came up.
Long story, but she was diagnosed with non-small cell lung cancer. Tumor was where the bottom 2 lobes of her right lung connected. She had surgery, they removed most of her right lung along with the tumor. Drs said she didn't need chemo. I disagreed. I called an Oncologist's office we'd met thru a friend. By God's grace again, they let me make an appointment without a Dr referral.
The Oncologist agreed with me..it only takes a lil speck of malignancy to spread. Mom underwent chemo, 2 different types. She sailed through it, too. A lil tired, lost all her hair, but according to her, that was mild.
On April 15, Mom will celebrate 11 years cancer free.
We believe we got a miracle! All I really know is, I've still got my mom, and she's seen my son graduate from high school, then college. She was at his wedding, and she's now a great-grandma (in every sense of the word) to his daughter and son.

Thank you for abiding my story. Mom's story, really... Just know not only will it benefit you if you quit smoking, but the people who love you (even the well meaning naggers) will be sooo happy you quit.
And yes, I know we all have to die sometime, but I don't think we have to "help it along"
Regards,
Kif