Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-17-2015, 01:22 PM

sewbizgirl, I agree… it's an over reaction about the name thing.

Anyways, I just wanted to say I may not be on much for a while. Just found out there has been yet another death in my family. My uncle just died two weeks ago… I just found out my 25 yr old half-sister died yesterday. I still don't know what happened. This is the 5th death in my family in the last 2 years and it's the 3rd one within 6 months. I'm overwhelmed. All my stuff has been sent out and people received it, so all my obligations are met. Thanks everyone.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:33 PM

Hi all,
I'd like to share with you the amazing mug rug and package I received today from rwquilts. Her piecing, stitching and creativity are enviable.

I have sent her a pm, but still, no words can begin to express my appreciation. I am in awe.

The inside of the card has an insert that reads "The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it." by Ralph Waldo Emerson. I plan to frame the mixed media piece and the saying.

I am grateful and thankful for such beautiful pieces of art. And, I am beyond words.

Thank you so very much, rwquilts.>>

Best,
deb in Maine
Attached Thumbnails 2015-february-mug-rug-received-001.jpg  
Old 02-17-2015, 02:01 PM

Beautiful mug rug and goodies you got from rwquilts!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:18 PM

Beautiful indeed! Great swap package, whigrose!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:30 PM

Vita, so sorry to hear of your losses...that has to be extremely difficult! Wishing you the very best!

Whigrose, you are soo welcome! I had tons of fun working on your goodies...
Old 02-17-2015, 02:37 PM

Hi all,
Here is a close up shot of the mixed media piece rwquilts made for me. She told me it was her first piece. I cannot believe she gave it away.

She used snippets of cards, charms, keys, doilies, stick pins, a thimble, keys, ribbon, lace, stamped card stock, and buttons. She is so very creative, isn't she?

I cherish it.

Best,
deb in Maine
Attached Thumbnails 2015-february-mixed-media-004.jpg  
Old 02-17-2015, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

That's some gorgeous sewing/quilting rwquilts!

Vita, so sorry to hear of all the losses in your life so recently. Especially this very young sister! Take time to grieve and be with your family. We will be thinking of you.

And my news... Woo hoo, I got mail today! My partner Dee sent me this great package. Dee, I love the mug rug! Beautifully paper pieced... and thanks too for the sweet little needle book! The tiny pinwheels just melted my heart. I have never had a needlebook, and I'm so grateful to receive such a special one. Now I can take my needles out of my pincushion where they slide in and get lost, and store them safely. Your work is so very special! Thanks for the other goodies... some yummy smelling tea and a cute pair of socks with pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Those will be a huge hit when I wear them in my gym classes on St. Paddy's Day. I love everything you sent!!
Attached Thumbnails dsc01689.jpg   dsc01691.jpg  
Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Popping in. All the mug rugs have been beautiful. Whigrose that is a very pretty mug rug, and as you said an artistic piece, and nice goodies. Nice work rwquilts.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM

Rwquilts and Dee have outdone themselves...love both mug rugs!!

Vita,
I messaged you...And I'm here if you need anything...

Patches,
It's always nice to read positive stuff...especially when one (ahem, me) tends towards the "unpositive".

Linda,
I already posted my thoughts (for what they're worth, which is not much) about the name deal over on the fq swap thread...As you said, and I'll 2nd: No one is perfect. And in this day and age people see our full names all the time..in line at a store- if I pay with other than cash, there's my name. Signing in at the Dr, even with HIPPA laws, there's my name. Paying at a restaurant, unless it's cash, there's my name...
I'm not saying the QB member is wrong to be cautious, but what else can Linda do?
I did wonder if the moderator can remove that post? I didn't know if it would be Linda (since it's her thread/she's the hostess) or if it would be the QB member who'd need to ask. As Linda said, the QB member has the issue, so she should ask. If it was something worrying me, I'd be asking myself.
I think you've done everything in your power Linda. And I appreciate you and all of our hostesses!
And this also is yet another reason I shall remain a player, and even an "angel" (cue laughter..I mean an angel to fill in if needed..because I'll take being an angel any way I can get it..Tada!), and I'll even assist a hostess if I can. But I'll decline to be a hostess...

Klaws,
Thank you for asking about my dh. His blood pressure is still way too high, even on 2 meds with a 3rd to add in as needed... as needed is full-time at this point. And his pulse is always slow. His energy is gone. Not sure if it's after effects of the small stroke, or of his Addisons crisis, an MS exacerbation, new bp meds, or a combo of all.
We see his Cardiologist on Thursday, I just know something has to change.. My guy even with everything he has, usually keeps on going. But his get up and go has got up and went.
I know I'm seeing things more as a wife, and not an OT..And believe me, I'm not expecting him to be running marathons...but I do think there has to be something more or different we can do so he can live as fulfilling of a life as possible. He's close to 52, and I'm hoping to have him be around, and happy for a long time to come..

Regards,
Kif (who never claimed to be Pollyanna, but is trying out some lightly tinted rose colored glasses)
Old 02-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That's some gorgeous sewing/quilting rwquilts!

Vita, so sorry to hear of all the losses in your life so recently. Especially this very young sister! Take time to grieve and be with your family. We will be thinking of you.

And my news... Woo hoo, I got mail today! My partner Dee sent me this great package. Dee, I love the mug rug! Beautifully paper pieced... and thanks too for the sweet little needle book! The tiny pinwheels just melted my heart. I have never had a needlebook, and I'm so grateful to receive such a special one. Now I can take my needles out of my pincushion where they slide in and get lost, and store them safely. Your work is so very special! Thanks for the other goodies... some yummy smelling tea and a cute pair of socks with pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Those will be a huge hit when I wear them in my gym classes on St. Paddy's Day. I love everything you sent!!
Very nice mug rug, and package.