Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-18-2015, 10:10 PM

I feel very blessed to be the one who received the tulip set that several have posted they like... :-)
Old 02-18-2015, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dee1245 View Post
Sewbizgirl, it is used as Lynnie has described. Slip the ribbon through the handle of your scissors and then pull the fabric through the ribbon. Identifies your scissors if you are out in a group without having to engrave or mark your item.
I love it... what a great idea. My quilting group has a work day coming up, so I will give the fob a trial run on that day!
Old 02-19-2015, 06:25 AM

Please don't stress about new sign ups already being up.. just giving people time to stop on over and sign up at their own leasure I did not want people to have only 5 days for sign ups so I had put them on early so you can wander over at your own speed! finish up here and then sign up that's fine. just .. sign up!

its going to be a fun swap of destinations (spring is fine to add to this one) and you can do your favorite destination or your partners. that's why you don't want to start too early in case they really want a beach theme and you were thinking mountains! you can use fabrics to bring this all in to play no applique needed just use say sand and crabs and water for the beach theme and for say a mountain use trees, river rocks, deer whatever you have to pull it together. if your grand at applique which I am surely not lol do an applique that is fine also. just make sure its put down well enough to take a few washings as well mug rugs do get a tad dirty at times!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

what if my vacation shop is sitting in a pile of fabric at JA"s?

then just a bunch of string pieces will do ya!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:37 AM

As I told Cuppy- I have started her rug BUT HATED IT sooooo back to the drawing board, BUT NEVER FEAR-it is already cut and pieced in my mind. HAHAHAHA...now if my mind could just take care of everything it has going on up in there. I would have a clean house, meals prepared for a week, my dogs brushed and bathed, 5 quilts cut out and pieced together AND the winning lottery ticket bought. Hey, a girl can always dream.

I won't be sewing this weekend as my 47th birthday is Saturday and my hubby surprised me with a jammie day in a midtown hotel complete with pizza in bed. I lOVE pizza!! &
him of course!! Sunday we will take in the RV show, (I really want an older one to play with) and deliver the wedding invitations I designed and had printed for my cousin to be's May wedding.

I still need to get in to the LQS to longarm the quilt I have ready for an April wedding~but THAT is MONTHS away!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]510810[/ATTACH]
FUN FUN FUN!!
Attached Thumbnails april-quilt.jpg  
Old 02-19-2015, 04:31 PM

dfelker, what a delightful birthday gift from your hubby! Oh to be 47 again...sigh...love the strip quilting! I will mosey on over to the new sign up soon Brat...
Old 02-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Dorothy, love the strippy insert. cool design!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:15 AM

Dfelker,
Nice quilt, I really like the strip pattern, and the colors. Can't wait to see how it looks quilted.
Hope you have a wonderful birthday with your hubby, and your pizza!

We have a vintage travel trailer, a 1971 WigWam. Our son actually happened to find it for sale from the original owner. It's honestly in really nice shape. We haven't started the "rehab" of it yet, but hope to this Summer. We're planning on keeping as much as we can of it original. Like the light fixtures are in great shape. As are the cafe curtains and the cushions.
Of course the colors on everything are avocado green, harvest gold, burnt orange...lol
But for both of us, it sure brings back great memories of when we were kids. I went camping alot with my Nanny and Papa in their Airstream camper.
Oh, and Dorothy, I can't believe you're going to be 47. Your avatar pic looks like you're barely in your 30's!
Honestly, it seems like a lot of you ladies who have pics posted look so young... I need to know your secrets!

Kif
Old 02-20-2015, 08:08 AM

Kiffie I just told her the exact same thing. Not kidding you. What is it with you ladies who hold onto you youth so terrifically? there is not enough OIL OF OLAY that they could slather by buckets on me daily that would ever have done that! guess I am beauty of time not a timeless beauty I figure if my friends leave their glasses at home I am in good shape!

I am really so happy to hear the great mug rugs your receiving. There are some that are just mailing so don't panic yours is still coming. and some that need a bit more time to finish so patience is what I am asking also. It will happen. I have faith we wont need a single angel mug rug this month. so do my angels lol they are waiting taking a time off hopefully and enjoying the show instead.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:17 PM

Jaba I mailed your pkg out today. Elisabrat I sent you the tracking number, let me know please if you do not get my message. Hugs, to everyone! We're getting ready to have more snow this evening and maybe some ice before that. Everyone, I hope you stay warm!!
Hugs and stitches!!😁