MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed >

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 AM

These are all so cute, great job!

Terriamn
Old 01-26-2013, 06:40 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]390825[/ATTACH]

Coloring is way off but this is the mug rug I sent along with a couple note cards.

Terriamn
Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 06:42 AM

sorry that was my first time sending a picture, something sure was wrong any ideas?

Terriamn
Old 01-26-2013, 06:48 AM

Well I got all the applique done on mine last night. It took a while with all those darn little pieces out of so many fabrics! I have to admit though, it's darn cute! Now I have to decide which of the 8 fabrics I used wants to be the backing fabric. I'm thinking it should be one of the ones that was in the teaser pic. So, I'm going to do that, sew & do the pillowcase flip, then I have 1 more little thing to applique that I want to show through to the back, and she'll be ready for mailing.

It's very spring/summer, and has a touch of the old fashioned that I was looking for without being completely so. I did find that there was something I should have done before the initial three seams the other night though, or I'd have had 9 fabrics! Actually, I could probably make an applique work though. Hmm, decisions decisions!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:52 AM

I'm seeing some super cute mug rugs! Love the variety!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:45 AM

one last try[ATTACH=CONFIG]390834[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails small-mugrug.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM

This is so much fun seeing all the wonderful creations. Still waiting for mine but today is Saturday so there is a chance I might get it yet today. If not, I will just keep waiting for next week and enjoy all the other pictures. Great work everyone. Love everyone's creativity.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 AM

Great mugrugs everyone!!! Love that yours, tulip43!!! Purple and brights; my colors definitely but also saw the one posted by terriamn, that one is lovely, too. Hard to decide which is the prettiest; what the heck, they ALL are. LOL
I would like to make another mugrug myself and then decide which one to send out.
Sudden trip coming up next week and so I will mail out before the deadline and also hope that DS will check and open the in-coming mail while I'm away so I can respond to my swap partner and hostess of my mugrug's arrival.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Still waiting on mine too. Maybe today
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 AM

Hey ladies. just a really quick question. I am an angel [volunteer but they call us angels] at Give Kids the World here in Kissimmee Florida. {look it up if you would like} They offer childern who have been diagnoised with terminal illness a week TOTALLY expse free week of fun. Disney and universal and Sea World, air fare, transportation and much more. Anyway, I also sew pillows for these children. In the castle they get to come in and go to 'Elmer' the tree. He lets them get a pillow from among his branches. They tug and pull on a vine then the tree starts to shake and then when they look in the trunk, they have their own pillow. You should see the eyes on these kids. AMAZING. off track again...sorry. Looking for fat quarters that are kid oriented. Does anyone know where I can get them cheap. The pillow is an envelope form but there is a pocket on the front. Just really looking for cheap kid friendly fabric since this is all donation work. Thanks for all your help!!!! The second pic is of the pocket on front and the third is the back. I always tell the kids when they leave 'Angel wings, Butterfly kisses and Faere Dust all around.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0924.jpg   dscn0925.jpg   dscn0926.jpg