Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mystery #14 starting

Mystery #14 starting

I am so grateful that Paintmejudy will start a new Mystery on Sept 10.
    What a generous, talented quilting friend. Stay tuned.
    Dotty in NYC

Blog Entries
    she always keep us motivated to keep up the good work.
    Don't know if i'll do it, still have one in the block stage that needs to be done.
    she is very talented and generous with her time that she devotes to everyone.
    Therr is lot that goes into doing a mystery, we all need to appreciate her talents.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Iam ready. My first train ride and mystery quilt.

A big THANK YOU to Paintmejudy! I don't always join in, but I really enjoy following along and seeing all the pictures!

Even if I am too busy to make when the train pulls out I copy all the directions and add them to my Train Ride book. Someday they will really come in handy. I love to see what everyone makes!

Blog Entries
    Judy's mysteries are awesome and she always has the best designs. It's always great fun to see how each person's fabric choices influence the way the project looks when finished. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to join in a fun project.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    I am so grateful that Paintmejudy will start a new Mystery on Sept 10.
    What a generous, talented quilting friend. Stay tuned.
    How can I sign up or whatever you have to do to get the mystery quilt postings. I love mystery quilts.

Blog Entries
    I missed the last one but saved the instructions because (no surprise!) I like the pattern. I'm looking forward to #14 and hope I don't get interrupted. Anyone know how long it goes? I'm leaving on vacation (do retirees get a vacation? ) on October 10 and I don't want to miss anything.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

I was so excited to see this post! I haven't been on a train ride in quite some time. Thank you paintmejudy for all of your effort and generosity!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconbit View Post
    How can I sign up or whatever you have to do to get the mystery quilt postings. I love mystery quilts.
    Just watch on September 10 for a Digest listing Mystery #14 (or something similar) or go to "What's New" on the 10th. That should get you started. When I comment on a thread, updates continue. Not sure if I did that on purpose in the settings or if it's automatic. Join in...the trips are fun and result in a great product.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I agree with Coopah... I love the mysteries Judy orchestrates. I missed the early years but have several beautiful scrappy mystery quilts. Thank you Judy for taking the time to keep us motivated and challenged.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Blog Entries
    I'm getting excited and antsy. Looking forward to it been going through my stash, anticipating.

Blog Entries
    Never done a mystery before, but have watched plenty of them.

Blog Entries
    kwiltkrazy---the train usually is 3-5 weeks, Saturday morning the next clue comes out. Usually, the first week is requirements f fabric, and she'll also post photos of her fabric choices, so we can pull similar ones for ourselves.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Lynnie, looking forward to it. See you on the train

Hi all! I may just lurk on the board this trip - too much other stuff going on. I do plan to follow along as best I can, though, so maybe I'll meet y'all further down the track. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation.
    TANSTAAFL= There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

When Judy starts a new link for #14 mystery- will someone please come back here and back to Mystery #13 and post links to the new one? Its so helpful to the others of us who are not that computer savvy. Thanks in advance. I think it will post in about another hour and a half from now. I'm listening for the train whistle.

To those pressed for time; I sometimes follow along and make just one block. Then later I can make more and finish the project. I find that's easier for me than going back and following the clues once its over.
    I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

Thanks,All2Pieces.
    I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

Blog Entries
    Have fun all you great gals! I have to let this train pass, as I did the last, but will be with you in spirit! Life gets in the way sometimes. Enjoy the ride and the beautiful runner/topper/quilt...whatever you decide to make.
    Judy, thanks for doing these mysteries. I've ordered some wonderful apples from WA state to be delivered at your first stop.

Quote Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
    Hi all! I may just lurk on the board this trip - too much other stuff going on. I do plan to follow along as best I can, though, so maybe I'll meet y'all further down the track. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    Watching for you to board the train! Coopah, Lynnie and All2Pieces. Even if you don't bring your sewing machines, hope to see you in the club car for some goodies and conversation.

Blog Entries
    I'll have some fluffy walnut pie at the first stop! Set your chops for a delight!

Blog Entries
    walnut pie, never heard of that, is it anything like pecan?