Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Needlecase Exchange 4

I have a question. Are we supposed to make just like a needle book type think or can it be more like a hussif that holds needle scissors and maybe even a small pin cushion? I'm going to PM and join and have a few ideas but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track first. Oh, and can anyone tell me where pictures are being posted of previous needle case swaps? Maybe that would help me too!

Thanks Blue Cat...everyone has to start sometime. I would be glad to get yours also.

you can look in the Needlecase Exchange Number 3 for pics
    Quote Originally Posted by craft phanatic View Post
    I have a question. Are we supposed to make just like a needle book type think or can it be more like a hussif that holds needle scissors and maybe even a small pin cushion? I'm going to PM and join and have a few ideas but I wanted to make sure I was on the right track first. Oh, and can anyone tell me where pictures are being posted of previous needle case swaps? Maybe that would help me too!

Blog Entries
    Well we all ned to start some where
    Youre fisrta can be as fabulous as youf lasr.

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    I participated in the first needlecase swap and think the Christmas one would also be fun to join in on, so I'm pm'd Caroline. Should be super fun!
    I'm looking forward to a Christmas swap too. But remember that there is no official theme so it is up to you to set up a Christmas swap with your partner. I suppose it is ok for her to send you a Christmas one while you send her another kind.
    Blue Cat

Every life should have nine cats.

Well, my understanding is that a simple needlecase is all that is required, but some make a hussif. The hussifs are well received. Look up previous needle case swaps to see pictures. Have fun. Some people add little gifts like needle, fabric or such, but you don't have to. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by craft phanatic View Post
    Blue Cat

Hi all
    This will also be my first needle-case..so they will probably all be wonderful...Can't wait to see everyone's
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    I like to add fancy, anr since its a holiday swap, ill need to add extra stuff.

Hi Everyone,

I will be closing sign-ups in the next few hours so now is the time to get your PM in!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
    Well, my understanding is that a simple needlecase is all that is required, but some make a hussif. The hussifs are well received. Look up previous needle case swaps to see pictures. Have fun. Some people add little gifts like needle, fabric or such, but you don't have to. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Thanks Blue Cat! I'm a little nervous but very excited for this exchange! This is my first needle book swap also but I'm up for the challenge! Plus, thanks to Sandy, it looks like I will have a few free days to do some hand stitching for the case cover! I need something to do if the power does go out so this will be perfect! Take care everyone!

Praying all in the path of Sandy are ready and in a safe place.

Hi Guys,

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

My prayers to all in Sandy's path, too. In the meantime, craft phanatic, enjoy the few days off.
    Blue Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cat View Post
    My prayers to all in Sandy's path, too. In the meantime, craft phanatic, enjoy the few days off.
    Thanks Blue Cat! I've only had one day off since the beginning of August. I don't like the reason for having off but I am so exhausted that I'll take a day or two off any way I can get them! I can't hardly believe this storm. It is unbelievable how devastating it is.

Blog Entries
    We made it thru the storm here on long island.
    now, on to faancing up for my swap partnwe...cant wait to get my name.
    Ill be cking back about once and hour now...i get neorotic about this.
    happy quilting.

Good to hear you're okay Lynnie! Looks like Manhattan didn't fare so well. Now I hear snow's a-coming at the end of the week. Who ticked off Mother Nature?!

Blog Entries
    Good question.....
    ive been trying to be as green as i can.
    Hoping everyone is doining well.
    cant wait to get this party started. Who everrgetz me please post what i send ylu. No camera yet.

Hi, I a brand new to this and I would like to participate in my first swap, can you guide me as to how I sign up.

Sign ups are closed. Sorry, Mary. You could pm Caroline Paz (the hostess) and ask.
    Blue Cat

Hi Guys,

You should all have your partners details by now..... if you have not received them please PM me asap.

I will be away until Saturday so if there are any problems I will not be able to deal with them until then.

Don't forget that this is a partnered exchange and you should contact your partner to discuss any theme that you would wish to have on this occasion.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not forget to PM me when you post and receive. Also please remember that the deadline for posting is the 30th November 2012, this is a set in stone deadline as Christmas post could create problems for this exchange.... this date does give you plenty of time to make your needlecase.

If you are having problems, do not hesitate to contact me so we can work something out. It is not fair to leave your partner without a needlecase especially as any problem can be easily sorted!

Hugs and enjoy the exchange!

Caroline
    Caroline

I got my partner's name today...Thank you Caroline.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Thanks, got my partner...but cant get msg to her...maybe its due to sandy.
    you have my name and know who i amm. Im open to anything youd like to make for me.
    i love beachy and kitties, but dont feel constrained to that. Ive done you a christmas, but dont think id be offended if you prefer something else. ( ii could do Hannaukka too), or whatever youd like. Just let me know asap, so i can get it out to you by hopefully saturday.
    Gee, i hope the p.o. is delivering... no mail yesterday or today. Nasty ole sandy!!!!
    thanks

Blog Entries
    Just tried to pm my partner...wouldnt work before.
    ooooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Just got a great idea for feb/ valentines day, gonna start working on it this weekend. Need a friend
    with a computer to help me print my own fab.
    Im soooo excited over this idea !!!!!!!

Just got my partner. This will be a fun swap, I have been out of town since Wed and won't be home until Fri. so computer time is very off and on. I will happily get started on my case on Saturday.

Blog Entries
    Have heard from my partner and pm'd her back. We're doing Christmas! Yahoo!
    Ronda

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast