Needlecase Exchange

Old 06-13-2012, 02:12 PM

I couldn't make just one it's peachy keen
Old 06-13-2012, 06:02 PM

I found some Mexican Bingo aka Loteria fabric at JoAnn's over the weekend. You know I will be using my coupons to get more of that fabric, but only out of solidarity for you!!!

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Mine is almost finished but I've no idea whether or not "my" person even likes these colors; I'm still waiting on my person's name/info. It was sent but seems to have vanished, into cyber-space.

That being the case, I was forced to go look at fabric, as consolation. Went to WalMart, as I also needed a few groceries . . . and found just over a yard of Hot Wheels fabric, which is just what I needed, to go with the Hot Wheels flannel, I found about a week ago. Found them both, in the clearance bins . . . $2 a yard! Don't you reckon that's a sign, to keep shopping?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by goldsberry921 View Post
I found some Mexican Bingo aka Loteria fabric at JoAnn's over the weekend. You know I will be using my coupons to get more of that fabric, but only out of solidarity for you!!!
Thank you, so much! Just knowing this, covers me with warm fuzzies. It warms my heart, to know my great suffering will not have been in vain . . . and that as a result of my misery, more Fabric will be rescued! It'll be the Great Fabric Rescue of Texas! Actually, those warm fuzzies look a lot like dryer lint . . . but it's probably just my imagination . . . .
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Thank you, so much! Just knowing this, covers me with warm fuzzies. It warms my heart, to know my great suffering will not have been in vain . . . and that as a result of my misery, more Fabric will be rescued! It'll be the Great Fabric Rescue of Texas! Actually, those warm fuzzies look a lot like dryer lint . . . but it's probably just my imagination . . . .
"...and that as a result of my misery, more Fabric will be rescued!" An aha moment, I have never thought of that as a reason to purchase fabric! Light bulbs are going off, I hear sirens, oh... for joy!!!

Wait, if I did receive my partners name... will that disqualify me to buy fabric in sympathy for your plight???
Old 06-14-2012, 07:33 AM

Linda,

I think not. It's all for a good cause!! We need all the rescuers we can get. You can never have "too much". In fact, I don't think that is in the quilting vocabulary. Think of it like fabric adoption, it's going to a good home.

Monique

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
"...and that as a result of my misery, more Fabric will be rescued!" An aha moment, I have never thought of that as a reason to purchase fabric! Light bulbs are going off, I hear sirens, oh... for joy!!!

Wait, if I did receive my partners name... will that disqualify me to buy fabric in sympathy for your plight???
Old 06-14-2012, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post

The Great Fabric Rescue needs all the help, it can get! Please join us! Fabric needs our love! It needs to be freed from the prison of shopdom! LIBERATE THE FABRIC!!!!

I now have my name! YAY!!! My person's favorite colors seem to be the opposite of what I've made so I now have a wonderful reason to start anew . . . and I have an idea, I'm itching to try.

Hang in there, Fabric! I'll rescue you, as soon as I can!!!! I promise!!!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 09:29 AM

mine is on its way....first letter of alphabet and last letter of alphabet...got it. LOL
Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 AM

My secret pals needlebook has been mailed. I hope my pal will like it? It's packed full of goodies that I hope will bring a smile to her face. Oh, and here's another clue, My secret pal and I also are in another swap here on the QB..... Oh, and, she's nice and funny and a really good person. Hmm, I don't know if I've helped or not. I guess that could mean ALOT of people here on the board. (cheshire cat grin, well, I don't want to make it to easy.)
Old 06-14-2012, 10:50 AM

I made another needlebook today for my partner, hope she likes it, going out tomorrow..... I won't post a pic of hers but Here is one i made with scraps from a childs quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]342058[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]342059[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]342060[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]342061[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 01-dscn4460.jpg   02-dscn4461.jpg   03-dscn4462.jpg   08-dscn4467.jpg  
Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM

from a Georgia peach to a Connecticut Yankee your package is on it's way.