Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW Dear Jane Block Swap - Spirit of Winter - Blue/White/Gold - Sign-up Closed 1 Jan 10 >

NEW Dear Jane Block Swap - Spirit of Winter - Blue/White/Gold - Sign-up Closed 1 Jan 10

NEW Dear Jane Block Swap - Spirit of Winter - Blue/White/Gold - Sign-up Closed 1 Jan 10

Old 10-04-2009, 04:34 PM

Question on the transfer paper, are you running it thru your printer or copier? Is it thick enough?
Old 10-04-2009, 04:37 PM

January seems soooooooo far away, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time! *cackles maniacally*
Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
January seems soooooooo far away, I'm sure I'll have plenty of time! *cackles maniacally*
i thought about starting it sooner but between the other swaps and the holidays - i just don't think people are prepared yet.

this way we have a few months to clear some projects off the table and start the new year with a bang.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:00 PM

Some of you have asked so here is my printer info:
HP Officejet Pro L7590 All In One

Yes, I put single sheets (be sure they are torn out of the book one at a time so as not to pull the glue that binds them with them), then I place them in the printer paper tray, hit print, and have not had any problems other than occassionally two or three will go through together at a time in which case I take out the blank ones and reset in the paper tray. I've done up to the 18 at a time that I needed without a problem. Warning: do not pull the papers out as they are not dry to the touch and you don't want smeared patterns. I also started to print two blocks per sheet. After the ink dries, replace the sheets in the paper tray and reposition if necessary, the pattern your scanning, to fit.
All of this takes place after I have measured the copy that klue sends me and make sure that it measures the 5" unfinished. If not then I readjust the enlargement setting on the printer. I find most times after klue sends me a pattern that I have to enlarge to 106% due to the difference in printer brands and any misalignments during prinout. Doing this 106 % gives me the 5" unfinished and 4 1/2" finished we need for DJ blocks. I then printout a regular piece of paper and measure carefully to make sure everything is ok. If not, now is the time to make the adjustments needed. That's all there is to it.
If you need anything else, just let me know.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:31 AM

Thanks so much for the info! You're awesome for sharing!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:01 AM

Thanks VW
I will have to check Hobby Lobby for it. They usually have a coupon. :)
Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 AM
Power Poster

Thanks wvdek...I"m gonna look at Wally's for it...it sure is in my price range!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:22 AM

well, ive been MIA from stalking the dear jane swaps all of september, what with school starting and everything else...but im settled into campus, im back, and YAY! we have a blue/white/gold set up going...im so in.

I would like E-9 for starters, and we'll see how long i take, as i might do a second set (most likely)

thanks for organizing another one Klue!

OH! and eta, are we doing a true white, or an off white...cause ive got something for off white / beige-y gold that i think would be smashing, but im not sure how the rest of the group would like it.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

good to hear you're settle in at school.

i have you on the list -

Moderator's note: Dear Jane is a registered trademark. DJ BOM programs available commercially through quilt shops all require purchase of the book. They have all taken the additional step of getting permission from the author/publisher. We can neither authorize, encourage nor condone sharing copies of the pattern. Participants in the swap must be required to buy the book, the software, or both.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:26 PM

thank you Klue...and of course now im contemplating how i could possibly make 2 or 3 sets total...

as of today im on doc's orders to "just relax girl!"

i've still gotta go to work and do my hw...but that isnt much to keep me occupied...

we'll see how fast i crank out the first set, if its done by next week ill sign up for two more.