Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
BINGO!!! The lady wins! The HIC should have given it away.....
Boy, you guys catch on quick! Dreamer is really the lush of the group! You can see the wine bottles all the way down her driveway! She collects them, you know. But first she has to drink them!! LOL
Old 09-16-2013, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindy60545 View Post
boy, you guys catch on quick! Dreamer is really the lush of the group! You can see the wine bottles all the way down her driveway! She collects them, you know. But first she has to drink them!! Lol
rotflmbo!!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
I will have to give my Mom the play by play on this daily from now until the swap....she already asked if Dreamer was in this year....
I told her many of the usual suspect have come to play.....

now you be sure to tell your mama I said hello
Old 09-16-2013, 02:12 PM

It sounds like you all have a lot of fun with this. I'm happy to be taking part for the first time -- I'm new to this board and new to quilting.

Here's a question: Do people usually exchange gifts that are focused on quilting and/or sewing, or focus on non-sewing items entirely?

I want to do things right. I don't want to end up in the hole behind someone's farmhouse or in the "naughty corner," either.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Likethedog View Post
It sounds like you all have a lot of fun with this. I'm happy to be taking part for the first time -- I'm new to this board and new to quilting.

Here's a question: Do people usually exchange gifts that are focused on quilting and/or sewing, or focus on non-sewing items entirely?

I want to do things right. I don't want to end up in the hole behind someone's farmhouse or in the "naughty corner," either.
Well, first, welcome to the board & to the addiction we call quilting! Yes, we have a lot of fun in this swap. Why not? It's a hobby we all enjoy, so we enjoy it with others like us.....a little naughty!

Being as we're all quilters, we generally exchange quilting things with each other. But other things do manage to make it to the box also. (like chocolate!) Once you get your Santaee name you can do some exploring about them & find out their likes & dislikes & go from there. We do give hints of what we're putting in the box, but we never reveal who we're sending to. That's part of this swap & why it's so fun. Come along for the ride, you'll really enjoy it!

Oh, by the way, the hole in the backyard is new this year. The "naughty corner" is where it can really get outrageous!

Last edited by Cindy60545; 09-16-2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-16-2013, 04:33 PM

I remember that from last year
Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Boy, you guys catch on quick! Dreamer is really the lush of the group! You can see the wine bottles all the way down her driveway! She collects them, you know. But first she has to drink them!! LOL
Old 09-16-2013, 04:37 PM

You will never guess what I found while cleaning out my sewing room? the box from last years SS with all the bells still in it. Guess where they will be going this time
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 PM

I'm glad that you guys are taking the focus off me and my "bottle tree" and blaming it all on Dreamer. I guess you forget that that is why Dreamer became such a lush in the first place, she was trying to help me collect bottles for my bottle tree. In case you are unaware, bottle trees are used to collect the "Evil Spirits" that exist. My neighborhood, in particular, my neighbor, is terribly infested with Evil Spirits that need to be collected. My plan is to put it outside their bedroom window, so hopefully the tinkling of the bottles with drive them wacky doodle.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:44 PM

I am afraid of some of you swappers....being that you are obviously on the naughty list right now but you still have time to turn that around.....I want to play too.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tam...Moo View Post
I am afraid of some of you swappers....being that you are obviously on the naughty list right now but you still have time to turn that around.....I want to play too.
Join right in and bring a bottle!! The naughty corner (hole) is the place to be!! some people (Dreamer) will never get out, but she keeps coming back with a smile!!